Hacking Question Wich one it's safer NSP or XCI (Install SX OS 1.4)

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can post all the stupid opinions you want, but I asked you to explain your statement with facts to see if there is any merit to what you said.
If wanting facts on such a blatently ourrageous statement and to get to the truth of the matter makes me an "internet tough guy" then call me Mr. Norris.

NSPs are permanently installed and don't require swapping in and out with the virtual cartridge menu.

Yes they do, if you run out of space you will have to uninstall some. Which takes way longer than just deleting one file. They also take just as long to "find" since I have to open up the "all apps" page to find it if I have a ton of games, just like with an xci.

NSPs (for now?) can be downloaded crazy fast via CDNSP. This is more convenient than finding an XCI release out on the googles. Is finding an XCI hard? Not really. Do some people not mind doing that instead? Probably. CDNSP is still more convenient. It is literally a list of all available games, and you click which one you want and say "download" and you have the game now. If you have freeshopnx, it is even easier. It is literally as easy as using the existing eshop. Click -> play, no more steps needed. CDNSP also downloads straight from nintendo so it is CRAZY fast - it maxes out my 250 mbit connection, so most games download in a minute or two. That isn't directly connected to convenience, but having to wait less time to download the game is an "indirect" convenience.

I use a seedbox that also maxes out my connection. And I don't have to risk letting my console out into the internet just do download something that I can do on a PC. I literally open one web page, click on the xci I want, and it downloads. Don't have to open no stupid program that has to load an updated database and then search for the game I want among a bunch of shit I don't want, and if I want multiple things I have to queue them in said program and have them download one at a time since the multipipe has been disabled in fear of faster cert banning.

NSPs must be installed first. Perhaps you would prefer to do a swap before every game instead of a one-time install. More power to you, if that is what you want. Doing something one time (nsp install) is more convenient than doing something more than one time (xci swap). NSP installs take some time (a minute or so?). That is an indirect "convenience" for XCIs. You may spend less time waiting over the course of your life if you choose XCI, if you compare multiple swaps vs a single install. I change which game I'm playing CONSTANTLY, 5-10 times a day, more if you count my kids, so XCI swapping becomes extremely inconvenient for my family.

Why do I have to swap my xci? I only do that when I run out of space, I delete one and copy another. I've had xcis on my card that have never been removed. With nsp i would have to go through all the menus and shit to uninstall it. Yep, pretty convenient. /s

Your arguments don't stack up, sorry.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Unrealjuanka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you very much for all your asnwers.
But I am not sure if i am more or less clear the answers:unsure:
So I will continue making questions:
I want to buy an original game (splatoon 2) to play (my son:)) online.
  1. What I need to play online without having problems with bans?
  2. If I have previously played XCI games from SD card there is any problem?
  3. If I have previously installed (NSP) some updates or DLC over SD card there is any problem?
  4. If I have previously installed (NSP) some games over SD card there is any problem?

Last edited by Unrealjuanka,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for all your asnwers.
But I am not sure if i am more or less clear the answers:unsure:
So I will continue making questions:
I want to buy an original game (splatoon 2) to play (my son:)) online.
  1. What I need to play online without having problems with bans?
  2. If I have previously installed (NSP) some updates or DLC over SD card there is any problem?
  3. If I have previously installed (NSP) some games over SD card there is any problem?
If you want to play online without being banned, you need to buy the game and play it on an unmolested switch.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you want to play online without being banned, you need to buy the game and play it on an unmolested switch.

You don't know that

I have NSP and XCI on my switch but I play fornite multiplayer every night

Nintendo probably doesn't even know what gets you banned

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't know that

Yes but you have "done stuff", you may get banned you may not but the possibility is still there. He asked how to "not" have any ban risk, which the only way to be sure is what I suggested...

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These "Is it safe" threads will end up with same answers that are based on opinions. Just stay offline when using the sx os regardless what you use. Not Airplane mode either Complete Offline or use a DNS blocker

JupiterJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can post all the stupid opinions you want, but I asked you to explain your statement with facts to see if there is any merit to what you said.
If wanting facts on such a blatently ourrageous statement and to get to the truth of the matter makes me an "internet tough guy" then call me Mr. Norris.

Yes they do, if you run out of space you will have to uninstall some. Which takes way longer than just deleting one file. They also take just as long to "find" since I have to open up the "all apps" page to find it if I have a ton of games, just like with an xci.

I use a seedbox that also maxes out my connection. And I don't have to risk letting my console out into the internet just do download something that I can do on a PC. I literally open one web page, click on the xci I want, and it downloads. Don't have to open no stupid program that has to load an updated database and then search for the game I want among a bunch of shit I don't want, and if I want multiple things I have to queue them in said program and have them download one at a time since the multipipe has been disabled in fear of faster cert banning.

Why do I have to swap my xci? I only do that when I run out of space, I delete one and copy another. I've had xcis on my card that have never been removed. With nsp i would have to go through all the menus and shit to uninstall it. Yep, pretty convenient. /s

Your arguments don't stack up, sorry.

I saw literally zero counterarguments to my "nsps are more convenient". You just gave me your preferences. Which are fine. At absolute worst, if you have to open the all games list, NSPs are equally convenient/inconvenient to XCIs. Even in that case, the all games menu shows a larger number of games at once than the XCI swapping menu. 99.99% of the time, loading an NSP requires picking one of the items right there on the home screen. XCIs always require opening a separate menu and navigating to them, 100% of the time. Even updating an NSP is easier, as is deleting it, contrary to your brainless statement. Deleting an NSP is done like deleting any game, by pressing start, as is updating it. Deleting an XCI requires using a switch file manager homebrew or putting the sd in your pc to delete it, or an FTP homebrew.

XCI swapping is when you open the album to virtually swap carts. As if you were putting in a physical cart, but virtually. You don't do it rarely - you do it every single time. If it was more convenient, I'd be doing it, and it isn't, so I don't.

Using NSPs is exactly as convenient as running digital games gotten from the eshop. Obtaining them is as easy as using the eshop and using them is as easy as running those same games, as is deleting and updating. I can't help but wonder if you've even used NSPs, since you seem ill-informed about their function.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These "Is it safe" threads will end up with same answers that are based on opinions. Just stay offline when using the sx os regardless what you use. Not Airplane mode either Complete Offline or use a DNS blocker
I block my switch from the router that only I have a password too.

It's too easy for someone to turn on the switch wifi, or even plug an ethernet adapter to it without them knowing the consequences of such a stupid action.

JupiterJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know that

I believe he meant if you want to guarantee not getting banned. You might still get banned, even if you haven't been yet. That's what I took him to mean.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously XCI but then you can;t play any eshop games, unless there is a way to convert NSP's to XCI
of course the reverse is already possible pointless IMO , but possible none the less

Last edited by weatMod,

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This time I'm intentionally quoting you, lol. I tried to be clear that my recommendation was for people who don't care about being banned. I have a second switch that has never connected to a nintendo account. If you don't want to be banned, USE XCI. You might still get banned, but seriously, if you want to go online and don't want a chance of banning, NSPs are a bad bad bad idea.

Gotcha, and yeah agreed.

Possibly stupid question: Are XCI's available for games that have no physical/cartridge releases? I can't seem to find a bunch of indie games I want as XCIs, then it suddenly hit me that they would probably only be available in the NSP format since that is the eShop format. Is this accurate?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a way to convert NSP's to XCI

I wish!

Gotcha, and yeah agreed.

Possibly stupid question: Are XCI's available for games that have no physical/cartridge releases? I can't seem to find a bunch of indie games I want as XCIs, then it suddenly hit me that they would probably only be available in the NSP format since that is the eShop format. Is this accurate?
XCI are physical cartridge dumps. No eshop only titles.

Reactions: mranonymous

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish!

XCI are physical cartridge dumps. No eshop only titles.
what we need is a converter for NSP to XCI or other method to play them
for people who want to avoid being banned
there is already XCI to NSP conversion which is kind of pointless

I know, that's what I was hoping they'd already have. I hop it will happen in the near future

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a way to convert NSP's to XCI
what we need is a converter for NSP to XCI or other method to play them
for people who want to avoid being banned
there is already XCI to NSP conversion which is kind of pointless
That could open up another ban issue, where Reggie sees you playing an eshop title in a cartridge format.

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could open up another ban issue, where Reggie sees you playing an eshop title in a cartridge format.

I always knew there was a dark side to Reggie.

Unrelated question: I noticed that some sites have something called an NSW file for games that aren't even out yet. Do you happen to know what this is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works