Hacking Why was the WiiUHax.com thread taken off?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that makes a lot more sense, but the only left that deters me is having to unplug/plug the hard drive every time I want to use it. My current HDD is single-USB powered and has no AC adapter. One would think doing that would wear the HDD out faster (cold starting/stopping the device while it's on), not to mention wearing out the cable and ports. Unless someone can prevent the Wii U from detecting it upon loading, it's going to be a PITA; knowing my luck, I'd probably end up formatting the drive. If there's not enough power for Wii U to get it detected in the Wii U mode, wouldn't the Wii mode be able to use it regardless?

get a Y cable, i have this one and it works great.
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-28107-Mini-B-Y-Cable/dp/B0013LQD7Y

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right, I know I need one, but what I was doing is making a hypothetical conclusion; if the Wii U mode doesn't detect the HDD, but the vWii Mode does, that might be a way to bypass the HDD format check, wouldn't it? I recall someone here who said something to that effect. I don't want the cold power on/off to jack up my hard drive or wear it out faster.

Doesn't cold plugging in and unplugging of an HDD wear it out faster and corrupt data?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I know I need one, but what I was doing is making a hypothetical conclusion; if the Wii U mode doesn't detect the HDD, but the vWii Mode does, that might be a way to bypass the HDD format check, wouldn't it? I recall someone here who said something to that effect. I don't want the cold power on/off to jack up my hard drive or wear it out faster.

Doesn't cold plugging in and unplugging of an HDD wear it out faster and corrupt data?

it wont corrupt data and it could wear out faster but the amount % wise would be near none.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont corrupt data and it could wear out faster but the amount % wise would be near none.
What about the question I asked earlier, my theory on how to bypass the format check? If the Wii U mode doesn't detect the HDD, but the vWii Mode does, that might be a way to bypass the HDD format check, wouldn't it?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the question I asked earlier, my theory on how to bypass the format check? If the Wii U mode doesn't detect the HDD, but the vWii Mode does, that might be a way to bypass the HDD format check, wouldn't it?

it would bypass the check but if the drive being underpowered is what causes it to not be detected then that could corrupt data as the drive could be lacking the power to read and write properly. A Y cable would supply enough tho .

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would bypass the check but if the drive being underpowered is what causes it to not be detected then that could corrupt data as the drive could be lacking the power to read and write properly. A Y cable would supply enough tho .

Well, damned if I do, damned if I don't. There's no perfect solution, is there? Too bad there will never be a way to bypass the effing check. It's too risky in my opinion, and since people make mistakes, I'll likely kiss all 200 GB of data goodbye.

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
wiiflow can see my games, but goes back to vWii menu after a black screen when I press start the game. Am I missing something?

Does it matter if the games are not the same region as the wii? Any regionfree solution for vWii atm?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow can see my games, but goes back to vWii menu after a black screen when I press start the game. Am I missing something?

Does it matter if the games are not the same region as the wii? Any regionfree solution for vWii atm?
try setting the game to use IOS251 via the per game settings (page 4/4)
I am assuming you installed d2x base58 to slot251 btw, if not, the above wont work

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just unplug the HDD after you use it and when you want to use it just plug it back in when you enter Wii mode?
You missed the point where I said plugging in/unplugging it will wear the drive and the cable/port out faster, wouldn't it? I thought drives didn't like being cold started or cold stopped while being powered on.

LegendAssassinF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had a 1.5TB hard drive since basically the Wii got hacked (for USB Loader games I've had a modchip since release because of GC Backups) and I always unplugged it after I was done and it still works perfect after all this time. Even if the cable/port goes bad you can always open up the hard drive and put into a new case. I've done that to a 10 yr old Mac and that hard drive is still working as well.

So the Hard Drive has been working perfectly for over 2 years. I have a Mediafire that has ripped games on it so USB Loader had to have started like two years ago.

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
CLOSE THREAD FOUND MY ANSWER
<snip> i was restoring a back up, the said article is here and there is an explanation as to why the drama occurred, of which i can only apologise to the end user for the situation.
http://wiiuhax.com/wiiuhax-com-tuto...king-on-the-wii-u-step-by-step-noob-friendly/

NUMBER #1 Lesson
Be careful who you trust, <snip>, even though part of you wants to give them a chance, do not do it, because they can explode at any given time, over nothing, which was evident in this case.

LegendAssassinF if you want the full honest story of what happened, just PM me

GregoryRasputin

Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
The moral of the story is, don't let people who are susceptible to rage-quitting write useful documentation depriving those who wish to be a part of the hacking scene.

That's the thing, if you are p*ssed of at someone, you take it up with them, you don't selfishly do something that will affect many other people.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone give a definitive answer for USBLoaderGX? and which revision he used?

Wiiuhax still say that GX doesn't work but some users reported it working. (one user tested it with v3.0, but didn't tell which cIOS Base/version he used)

GregoryRasputin

Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
Can someone give a definitive answer for USBLoaderGX? and which revision he used?

Wiiuhax still say that GX doesn't work but some users reported it working. (one user tested it with v3.0, but didn't tell which cIOS Base/version he used)

I will get djbubba2002 to answer that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks a lot :)

I didn't hack mine yet, and I don't have a Y cable (maybe I don't need it, I'll have to try), but I can try with a USBstick, they probably require less power than HDD.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using the version of GX that Theophilus posted in another thread I was able to get it running setting 250 to a base of either 56 or 57. Using 58 as a base would not load GX but worked for WiiFlow.
edit:
I should also note, yes GX works but it takes a little bit to initialise the HDD on startup. Approx 3-5x longer than using the same HDD on my original Wii.

I used d2x beta53 from here: http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list, with cios installer 2.2 and the fruit of fstoolbox + showmiinand.The GX I'm using is from May 2012, "USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS250.zip" here: http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/listAnd the wiiflow I'm using is 4.0.5 from here: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list
They both load games, it's just the cover download that breaks wiiflow (come to think of it now, this also broke when I tried it on my old Wii), and none of the forwarders work for me (somebody pointed out to me they probably all need to be updated). I haven't tried dumping a disc, since I already have all my games backed up.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using usbloader GX r1207

For the cIOS, I installed all of them in their respective slots(so 56 in 249, etc)

All games I tried work for me

Also, Does anyone have a forwarder channel for GX? the one I have doesnt seem to work

edit: also installed it with d2x new installer, the one that doesnt need the wads

Reactions: Theophilus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...