Why can people with 10 posts post in the trading forums?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Langin, May 31, 2012.

1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/327454-wtt-g6-lite-dsl-case-r4sdhc-for-slot-2-gba-flash-cart-in-canada/

If you check the poster you can see he has only 10 posts! While the rules said anyone with 100+ posts! 0.o

Just wanted to mention it.

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Might have been a confirmed user, sometimes if you've been here for a while or whatever you can ask to be confirmed.

Also why didn't use the report button? Would have been better than making a thread.

2 people like this.
  3. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I remember someone creating a thread with less than 100 posts in the trading forum after obtaining permission from Admin.

4. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Sorry, didn't think of that. And I didn't knew about the confirmed user stuff. And this is the/my reason to create a thread Hadrian, so people can answer my question like you did. Wait... ASKGbatemp... totally forgotten about that one. And that people who do research before asking find this thread and think ''oh hey ahh that is my answer!''

But thanks for the answer.

Thanks for the confirmation!

5. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    also don't forget if your warn lvl is at and above 20 you can't use the trading fourm...

6. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    There's no physical limitation preventing users posting; you can report the threads and we'll take action if needed.

7. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Wait, did you guys remove the limitation or something? Before I had 100 posts, trying to view the trading section at all resulted in an error saying that I didn't have permission to view any of that yet. Unless that was lost or something on the forum upgrade, I'd imagine that only those with warning levels prohibiting them from that section of the forum actually need to be checked for in the trading section.

If that guy has 10 posts, chances are an admin let him in.

Edit: The guy's been around since '07. I'm pretty positive that he was admin approved.

8. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

this ^

we approve users every now and then if they have been registered on the site for years.