Emulation Gaming PS1/2 Which PaRappa the Rapper 2/Um Jammer Lammy version should I get?

PolyModsThingsToo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, I am a frequent player of the PTR games and I want to delve into the more regional things.

For PTR2 and Um Jammer Lammy (UJL), however, it's tricky for me to decide.

The European versions only run at 50FPS, but it has my personal favorite kind of cutscenes and lyrics (yes, i'm talking about when lammy goes to hell)
The American versions run at 60FPS, but it doesn't have any of that crap.

Please read below for more regional differences. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this post to skip to after this and just get to the weird things.

UJL:

- In Stage 1, the foreshadowing for Stage 6 (So you can play in hell, you've come far) have been replaced with "So you can play in an island, you've come far"
- In Lammy's version of Stage 5, "Choppin' trees down for fun" is replaced with "Knowin' that we're here for fun"
- In PaRappa's version of Stage 5, it's kind of the same but instead of "I love choppin' down trees just for fun" it's "I love rockin' to the beat just for fun"
- In Lammy's version of Stage 6, it has the alternate cutscene where, of course, Lammy goes to hell. She was taken to an island in the USA version.
- In PaRappa's version of Stage 6, instead of "The angel's been mean to me, that's for sure" it's "My friend's been mean to me that's for sure"

PTR2:

- In Stage 1, Beard Burger implied that "We cook the best, tastes better than wine". This was replaced with "We cook the best, you better get in line".
- In Stage 3/6, Guru Ant says that he's "the lord, everybody knows my name". This was replaced with "I am the man, everybody knows my name".
- In Stage 6's JP OST, Beard Burger says "warm the buns" instead of "toast the buns". This was removed from the final game.

Other Weird things:

- In UJL, you can't play as PaRappa in stage 1. This was fixed in UJL NOW! but I don't have enough money to buy an expensive ass arcade machine. Yeesh. And I don't think you can emulate it on MAME (yet). If you can, let me know :)
- In PTR2, there was a rumor that "warm the buns" was not only actually in the JP/EU version of Stage 6, but also stage 1.

TL;DR, if there's any way to add these in the NTSC-U version, let me know. Or just tell me to get the PAL version.

m3kk0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.