Hacking which 3ds flashcard to buy new 3ds UK

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

i know there are several threads about this sort of thing already but i was hoping if i gave my specific situation i could get a definitive answer.

im in uk, the cost of the card isnt important, i have got a new 3ds and updated it the other day in order to get the 3ds shop channel. (as it happens the hinge is loose so may be exchanging it at tesco for a new one)

all i want from a flashcard is to be able to play my ds roms (i used to have a ds lite and m3dsrealcard) and not brick my console. ideally it will be future proof so that i can continue to update my 3ds when necessary so i can play eg mario kart 7 online when it comes out.

which card is best for me (if any)? thanks

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evo.lve said:
There is currently one way to play Mario Kart 7 online (or any other game on the 3DS).

Buy it.

[edit]
but if that's not what you meant, the Supercard DStwo.
[/edit]
I think thats not what he meant lol.
Kind of phrased it weirdly. From what I can understand, he wants a flashcart that works even after future 3DS updates, so he can play his DS games.

Supercard DS Two is indeed a good choice. But if he's on a tight budget than R4i Gold or AK2i.

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

no i am not averse to buying the 3ds software lol. i just dont want to buy a card to play my orginal ds roms and then find that when i update my console the card wont work.

will the suggested cards work even though im on the latest update/firmware for 3ds?

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

afraid not no. i still have my m3dsreal.

if i were to exchange my 3ds soon and then buy the card could i update that and then the 3ds in that order?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathanaël said:
R4i Gold / R4iDSN didn't need any update or flashing since their 3DS versions came out.

QUOTE(daz1985 @ Aug 16 2011, 07:07 AM) brilliant thanks ill get one of those then

Unless I am terribly mistaken... those will still need updates once the 3DS is updated.

If you buy a Supercard DSTWO, buy one from somewhere that either you can verify it has the latest firmware on it, or somewhere that can flash it for an extra, small charge (it's usually like $4 USD). When a 3DS update comes out don't update until it is confirmed that flashcarts still work on it, or until Team Supercard releases a new firmware (which is usually a matter of days)

Don't trouble yourself with another shitty R4 clone... -_-

daz1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
an update - i have a new 3ds after exchanging it and now it is on software 1.1.0-0e i guess this gives me more options about which card i can buy?

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They are allready named before which you can buy. There's no point in buying something which might work on v1 but has no support on future versions. Therefor you are safe with an AK2i or DSTwo (don't bother with R4 imo).

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I was you I'd buy an Acekard 2i to hold myself over until the 3DS is actually cracked and 3DS-specific flashcarts capable of running homebrew and commercial software are released.

Although the DStwo has excellent GBA emulation and moderate SNES emulation, so if you have the extra money it wouldn't be a bad idea to get that, as long as you're ready to buy one for the 3DS if necessary.

Gloris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i've been thinking about getting a 3ds, and one of these cards, but i'm also having trouble deciding whihc card i should get....is there really much difference between them all? i just want something that's easy to use, like drag any game to teh sd card, plug it in a play....is the r4igold relaly all that different to the dstwo, which seems to be about 3 times the price? and the aki-something? what's that? too many cards, leave me very confused.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Are there any admins? I accidentally entered my birthday in wrong.