New 3ds xl modded then broke

3ds

oxue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I modded my 3ds it worked perfectly fine but after a while an update came for the cfw and the ds so I made a mistake on updating the console first bc I was a noob at modding 3ds at that time and still am so it messed my ds up and i couldn't open apps or games because it woulf crash so then i decided to delete the cfw through gm9 which took a long time so i got tired of waiting and removed the battery and sd card and deleted everything in the sd card and put it back in in hopes of it fixing but it didnt now when i turn it on the light shines but the screens dont light up when the volume is up i cant hear it load or moving around so idk what to do any help could work

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I modded my 3ds it worked perfectly fine but after a while an update came for the cfw and the ds so I made a mistake on updating the console first bc I was a noob at modding 3ds at that time and still am so it messed my ds up and i couldn't open apps or games because it woulf crash so then i decided to delete the cfw through gm9 which took a long time so i got tired of waiting and removed the battery and sd card and deleted everything in the sd card and put it back in in hopes of it fixing but it didnt now when i turn it on the light shines but the screens dont light up when the volume is up i cant hear it load or moving around so idk what to do any help could work
So you pulled the power while GM9 was doing operations on the firmware, and expected it to just be fine?
You will probably need a DS flashcart with ntrboot to recover.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and still am so it messed my ds up and i couldn't open apps or games because it woulf crash so then i decided to delete the cfw through
What can they do more to prevent uninstalling CFW for that reason than this red warning box?

Uninstall_Warning.png

Why do so many people think deleting things will magically repair software damage and/or remove problems? → :cry:"I wanted to start from scratch!!"
=====

delete the cfw through gm9 which took a long time
It takes a few seconds in the worst case (after entering the random combination). Something clearly went wrong here. Strangely your FIRM partition don't seem to be corrupted (else there would be an 8046 blue screens of death).

↓↓↓There is not much you can do here if B9S has been deleted… other than reinstalling B9S↓↓↓
You will probably need a DS flashcart with ntrboot to recover.

Reactions: ShinyDarkrai47

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What can they do more to prevent uninstalling CFW for that reason than this red warning box?

View attachment 401492

Why do so many people think deleting things will magically repair software damage and/or remove problems? → :cry:"I wanted to start from scratch!!"
Uninstalling CFW and reinstalling it from scratch does help in many case scenarios. My 2DS after installing some games had softbricked my HOME Menu, meaning I cannot select anything nor enter the System Settings. Did the steps provided my 3ds.guide and it actually fixed my problem.

Wryyyong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uninstalling CFW and reinstalling it from scratch does help in many case scenarios. My 2DS after installing some games had softbricked my HOME Menu, meaning I cannot select anything nor enter the System Settings. Did the steps provided my 3ds.guide and it actually fixed my problem.
Uninstalling B9S is a nuclear and often unnecessary method for something minor like that, though. Generally whenever the HOME Menu "softbricks" (for lack of a better term), clearing the HOME Menu ExtData via GodMode9 will usually resolve it, at the expense of resetting your theme and icon layout.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo