Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 (2).jpg
hPIUSRn.jpeg
shoe-display-storage-hack.jpg

-Above pics not my setup, Just others peoples-
My wifey has been bugging me about getting rid of some of my games and game consoles that I don't play often. She is not a gamer and doesn't play at all. I told her for every box of shoes (10+ pairs) she gets rid of, I'll get rid of a game console. She has not said a word about my games since. :rofl2: In your opinion, owning how many game consoles is "Too Much"?

NES; SNES; Genesis, Atari 2600 & 7800; Commodore64; OG Xbox; PS1,2,3; Xbox360; Wii; Xbox One; N3DSXL; Switch; Xbox Series X- Most are modded

Last edited by BigOnYa,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 3001 model :D
With a PSP camera, I still have my 2k model with camera... Invizimals all time greatest!
Post automatically merged:

I used to have one, a 1000 I think, but I give it to my kid years ago and she lost it. :cry:
Lesson here, don't have children they lose your treasures. Nah, just kidding I can't wait to spawn my own seed.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 408701View attachment 408702View attachment 408703
-Above pics not my setup, Just others peoples-
My wifey has been bugging me about getting rid of some my games and game consoles that I don't play often. She is not a gamer at all. I told her for every box of shoes (10+ pairs) she gets rid of, I'll get rid of a game console. She has not said a word about my games since. :rofl2: In your opinion, owning how many game consoles are "Too Much"?

NES; SNES; Genesis, Atari 2600 & 7800; Commodore64; OG Xbox; PS1,2,3; Xbox360; Wii; Xbox One; N3DSXL; Switch; Xbox Series X- Most are modded
Too many systems = too many choices (choice paralysis), as simple as that.
I personally am not interested in anything before the NES, and it's still about +10 consoles (excluding handhelds)..

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May as well get rid of it if you are not going to play them, I got rid of my older systems before I got the PS5/Xbox Series X.
It'd be hard to let them go. It's like a time capsule of my life. And since I've personally modded most of them, they are like my trophies.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May as well get rid of it if you are not going to play them, I got rid of my older systems before I got the PS5/Xbox Series X.
I wouldn't get rid of them, in fact i don't advise doing that under any circumstance, if it's just your childhood etc systems/ game collection just store them away in a garage/attic/basement whatever, as one day you'll want to re-visit them so badly, but if you did sell them you'll regret doing that (been there).
Unless you're a hoarder and have like complete game libraries, ~3/4 of the same system, then maybe.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have almost 800 games all in the original box a bunch of NES games, Super Nintendo including Earthbound, Panzer Dragoon Saga on Saturn lots of other rare games games and pretty much every good game on all the main consoles up to PS3 and Xbox 360 which were the newest at the time. I was an obsessive collector but something happened where I had to get rid of everything long story so then I just said fuck it I'm getting into piracy.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: CoolMe and BigOnYa

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a few gens of Xbox for good reason, to create GOD digital copies of my physical discs to play on my series X... I have the S too but trying to move it, not bites yet.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it's convenient & better to keep all your games for each system in one place, like using an Everdrive for old systems, ODEs, mods/cfw etc. instead of using discs/ game carts, not only to reduce clutter (libraries take space), but also to preserve the hardware..

where I had to get rid of everything long story so then I just said fuck it I'm getting into piracy.
You're not wrong, It has gotten to the point where every game is archived (atleast for the known systems) & stored on the internet, you no longer had to use/rely on your copy, or look for copies (for absurd prices even) just to play a particular game (and devs won't get a dime from that, talking about old systems), and since most consoles & handhelds now can be modded to do that, it's brainless really.

The above doesn't have to do with not supporting devs or whatever, you can still support them any way you like if the game is still available on storefronts, or if you liked the game, but that's on you not "piracy".

Last edited by CoolMe,

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like what Microsoft is doing as far as consoles features, even though I disagree with a lot of other aspects of M$. Emulation, and backwards compatibility... These companies have massive libraries now, so the basis of this post is primarily focused on backwards compatibility.

EDT: If next gen consoles were 100% compatible with all previous gens games library, there would be one less reason to "collect" consoles.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like what Microsoft is doing as far as consoles features, even though I disagree with a lot of other aspects of M$. Emulation, and backwards compatibility... These companies have massive libraries now, so the basis of this post is primarily focused on backwards compatibility.

EDT: If next gen consoles were 100% compatible with all previous gens games library, there would be one less reason to "collect" consoles.

True. Even the other console companies. But, I do think that they just don't want ALL that "Clutter" on their servers. :)

Last edited by AncientBoi,

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's less mess if not no mess in case of for instance at Christian Weston Chandler's house or should I say in his own home...etc. In case of his own video game consoles hardwares collections...etc.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users