My 3ds won't turn on after battery replacement

kchorro2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This console was bought in 2018, never had any issues even after hacking it. Around 3-4 months ago I noticed some charging issues and then realized the battery was swollen, so I got rid of it. I didn't get a replacement battery until last week because it simply wasn't a priority to me. The new battery (an alternative one) worked immediately with no issues, so I charged it completely. I used the console sparingly for about a day and now it won't turn on at all. Last thing I did was putting the console to sleep while I was playing a DS game on my R4. Didn't think much of it until night, when I realized the console was discharged. I tried to charge it and turning it on, but only the orange LED turns on. I tried removing the battery, the micro sd card, but nothing works. I can only think the battery is the issue, but I haven't been able to get a hold of another one to compare (they don't sell them in my city, I actually bought mine off a website similar to amazon). I really want to make sure the battery is the issue since sending it back is a real hassle.
Edit: This is a new Nintendo 3ds xl.

Last edited by kchorro2012,

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the battery is likely the issue, you’re not going to know for sure until you’re able to try a different one. You likely discharged it to 0 while you left it sleeping with a flash card running.

Do you have any friends who might have a console and let you try their battery?

kchorro2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
While the battery is likely the issue, you’re not going to know for sure until you’re able to try a different one. You likely discharged it to 0 while you left it sleeping with a flash card running.

Do you have any friends who might have a console and let you try their battery?
I might be able to borrow another 3ds by next week. I don't have a multimeter to check the battery either. At least I have until March to send it back for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto