Hardware 3DS not turning on

slushies0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 3DS I just got from a friend won’t turn on. I replaced the battery with one I already had, and still no luck. Only the charging led will turn on. I don’t know if my friend dropped it, water damaged it or anything. All I know is that it’s not the battery. Even with a charged battery, still won’t power on.

No CFW installed, no sd card, no stylus and charged battery.

Edit: found it was water damaged :[

Last edited by slushies0,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anything happen when you try to turn it on? For example, the blue power LED turning on and then back off? Does the charge LED come on when it's plugged into a charger?

I probably won't be able to diagnose this for you, but I can at least get you providing someone who can the right details :)

slushies0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anything happen when you try to turn it on? For example, the blue power LED turning on and then back off? Does the charge LED come on when it's plugged into a charger?

I probably won't be able to diagnose this for you, but I can at least get you providing someone who can the right details :)
I’ve been trying for the past 7 hours to get the 3DS to show some sort of light, but no, the led for the power does not turn on. Only the charging led.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it's the power button? Like it doesn't make contact and it doesn't do anything. I would disassemble it and look at the connector and if the water indicator pads are red

Edit: While charging, if you press the power button does the orange led turn off?
try this: Hold the power button while the battery is removed (and is not plugged in to charge), for about 1 min. Remove the sd card, place the battery, and power it on. If you didn't get any light, plug the charger and see if it does.

Last edited by zekro94,

slushies0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's the power button? Like it doesn't make contact and it doesn't do anything. I would disassemble it and look at the connector and if the water indicator pads are red

Edit: While charging, if you press the power button does the orange led turn off?
try this: Hold the power button while the battery is removed (and is not plugged in to charge), for about 1 min. Remove the sd card, place the battery, and power it on. If you didn't get any light, plug the charger and see if it does.
Thanks, will try soon. Also, the led does not turn off when I press the power button.

Edit: didn’t work sadly :(

Last edited by slushies0,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, will try soon. Also, the led does not turn off when I press the power button.

Edit: didn’t work sadly :(
But what happens when you try it? That's what I want to know.Like I said, if you press the power button while charging does the orange led turn off?

slushies0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what happens when you try it? That's what I want to know.Like I said, if you press the power button while charging does the orange led turn off?
When I press the power button, nothing happens. The charging led stays on, but the power led doesnt turn on. There also isn’t any picture on any screens. The same thing happens if it isn’t charging. I found out it was water damaged by opening it.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
When I press the power button, nothing happens. The charging led stays on, but the power led doesnt turn on. There also isn’t any picture on any screens. The same thing happens if it isn’t charging. I found out it was water damaged by opening it.
Well then most likely the power button is broken and doesn't make any contact so it's not waking the console, if it's water damaged you can try and clean the area with isopropyl alcohol and letting it dry. Basically what should happen normally is when you press the power button while it's charging the led should turn off and then orange again. That's why I asked if it does it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4