Hacking What options do we have on 11 FW W/O hardmod?

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird happened during the process though. It was successful, but something pretty weird happened either way:

When I dumped the NAND with Fieldrunners, it extracted a 1.2GB NAND from the N3DS. I thought it was a defective backup because I knew that its NAND size was originally 1.9GB. Did another backup, and it was again a 1.2GB size. Did the autofirm process either way and it booted without any trouble. I then downgraded to 9.2, backed up the NAND again for the A9LH process (with Decrypt9 this time around) and it made a backup which had a size of 1.9GB. It's now fine with A9LH, but can someone please explain to me why this happened? Supposedly, the 1.2GB and 1.9GB NAND sizes are from different chip makes, although it's the same...nand...

Last edited by ArmoredGuns1,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something weird happened during the process though. It was successful, but something pretty weird happened either way:

When I dumped the NAND with Fieldrunners, it extracted a 1.2GB NAND from the N3DS. I thought it was a defective backup because I knew that its NAND size was originally 1.9GB. Did another backup, and it was again a 1.2GB size. Did the autofirm process either way and it booted without any trouble. I then downgraded to 9.2, backed up the NAND again for the A9LH process (with Decrypt9 this time around) and it made a backup which had a size of 1.9GB. It's now fine with A9LH, but can someone please explain to me why this happened? Supposedly, the 1.2GB and 1.9GB NAND sizes are from different chip makes, although it's the same...nand...
The entire 1.9gb isn't used, the first dumps were probably minimum nand dumps

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far so good, I got access to the ds(i) firmware tool on the unhack 3ds and now proceeding to dump my o3ds nand. And damn, they weren't kidding when they say it's slow. it's been 20mins, still hasn't finish dumping the 11.0 nand.

Last edited by cooroxd,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Last edited by Cava,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It's not exactly the same. I found it in a Spanish forum and mine has a .exe if you want I can translate the Spanish tutorial to English so you can try it
That just downloads the exploit save from bootmiis servers and installs it to an exported dsi game.
Sound good? It's not because the servers are down.

Refer to my last post.
its the only way for now

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody with a usenet provider that has 2500+ days retention please try looking for this. I think there's a good chance it'll be on it.

Last edited by shaneod,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I do it lets say, I created a fresh formatted emunand (but also have a9lh updated sysnand), purchase the game from there and system transfer it to a 11.0 console?

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, dsiware hax is popular again?

I actually have some dsiware hax save file on my DSi still.

If I remember correctly, I actually beta tested that specific exploit; as I had the game (bought it on dsishop because I'd played the java-dumbphone version and enjoyed it, lol)

Unfortunately, said game is Guitar Rock Tour (EUR), which was removed from the shop I hear, so...

moto999999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol, dsiware hax is popular again?

I actually have some dsiware hax save file on my DSi still.

If I remember correctly, I actually beta tested that specific exploit; as I had the game (bought it on dsishop because I'd played the java-dumbphone version and enjoyed it, lol)

Unfortunately, said game is Guitar Rock Tour (EUR), which was removed from the shop I hear, so...
You don't have the fieldrunnerhax EU .sav right? :(

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have the fieldrunnerhax EU .sav right? :(
no, I don't. why would i when i already had one entry point (grt) that worked?

Btw, I noticed that grthax is flakey when using a 8gb sd card (some boot.nds loads but not many), but works fine with a 2gb one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1