Hacking What NoPass Device Can I Use?

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just recieved my ez4 lite TF version and can confirm it doesnt work using any loaders dated 5/15 -6/15 with my superkey(old version) or so winsunx says i am writing directly to tf card using client beta3 tried older client too no go

Works okay with EZ4Loader060619.zip though, right?

no it does not .... when you try to load a ds game you get duel white screens

So you are able to get to the EZ menus with it? If you're saying it freezes when you load a DS game, that implies that the Superkey works to get you to the menu

EZ4Loader060619.zip along with 0615, 0530, 0525,0524,0515,0511 all either do not boot into the loader screen or dual white screen on load nds game

mario kart gives white screens
new mario - white screens
brain age - black screens

almost all of them get to game selection screen. maybe it is my tf card then? but the tf card works, and has booted every nds game fine in my supercard sd that ive tried so far, with micro to sd adapter

Well, looks like your Superkey is working if you're getting to the EZ loader.

okay so the superkey has nothing to do with booting nds applications besides getting to the ez4 loader screen?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it gets you to the EZ menu, that means it did it's job. Anything from that point I would think would be the EZ cart.

You can always try load and use Flashme to see if that would help.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont want to take a risk of bricking my ds... can you run flashme from the loader without overwriting the original nintendo firmware?

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You can run Flashme without flashing the DS, just don't bridge SL1 :-p

thanx for your help i just tried flashme v7 and it just froze on the loader screen after i pressed the a button... am i the only one having this problem?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to update people, I got my EZ4 Lite today, and it does NOT work with my Passcard 3. I updated to the EZ4Loader060619.zip loader and still a no go. It works fine in GBA mode, and I do see the Supercard 3 loader.

Edit - Meant MicroSD version.

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to note folks, EZ4 Lite miniSD (which is the bigger EZ4) works. I have not yet received my EZ4 Lite microSD (the smaller EZ4) in the mail, so I cannot test. Not very good news to hear people having trouble with it, especially as WinSunX confirmed the EZ4 Lite microSD as working with various NoPasses..

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to note folks, EZ4 Lite miniSD (which is the bigger EZ4) works. I have not yet received my EZ4 Lite microSD (the smaller EZ4) in the mail, so I cannot test. Not very good news to hear people having trouble with it, especially as WinSunX confirmed the EZ4 Lite microSD as working with various NoPasses..

When are you expecting to get your EZ4 Lite MicroSD btw?

Edit - Just read your post in the other thread. Have fun testing tonight
smile.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif

Can't post fast enough it seems. Yeah, I have it here right now, it's sexy. I like it already. Although, when the G6 Lite arrives next week, it's going to have some competition.
wink.gif

eugene4968

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a NDS Lite with the MiniSD EZ-Flash IV, using passcard 3 leaves me with two white screens after the splash screen. I have updated to the lastest loader.

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Original post updated.

It's been a long night of testing, let me tell you.

First, the bad news:

I cannot get the EZ4 Lite miniSD or microSD to boot with the PassCard 2/3. I had them working before, and now no matter what kernel I use..just two white screens, on both the NDS & NDS Lite. Whatever the EZ Team is doing, support for the PassCard is currently broken - I won't update that part of the chart anymore, I'll just post progress in the thread until it is officially fixed.

Next, the good news:

I got a Neo MK4 mini to test as well, and the results there are much more positive. It boots everything, no boot screen! It has a switch that allows it to boot from the NDS or GBA slot. If you set it to GBA, it simply boots your flash cart. If you set it to NDS, it boots itself, where you can then swap it out for a Neo MK2/MK3 if you have one. If you don't, it boots it's own internal menu, which you can use to examine and dump original NDS carts - as long as you have a Neo kit as far as I can tell, because it won't dump to any of my kits.

It also contains 2Mbit EEPROM save, which is great news for users of older GBA kits that can't or won't upgrade to something newer. It comes with a software CD that contains a ton of Neo tools, as well as FlashMe, and a small manual. Very convenient!

The MK4 mini is currently my favourite NoPass. It has a cool added feature set, and boots every cart I have, minus the XCart - but I don't think I've figured out how to properly get anything NDS related working on it yet, so that result could change.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original post updated.

It's been a long night of testing, let me tell you.

First, the bad news:

I cannot get the EZ4 Lite miniSD or microSD to boot with the PassCard 2/3. I had them working before, and now no matter what kernel I use..just two white screens, on both the NDS & NDS Lite. Whatever the EZ Team is doing, support for the PassCard is currently broken - I won't update that part of the chart anymore, I'll just post progress in the thread until it is officially fixed.

Next, the good news:

I got a Neo MK4 mini to test as well, and the results there are much more positive. It boots everything, no boot screen! It has a switch that allows it to boot from the NDS or GBA slot. If you set it to GBA, it simply boots your flash cart. If you set it to NDS, it boots itself, where you can then swap it out for a Neo MK2/MK3 if you have one. If you don't, it boots it's own internal menu, which you can use to examine and dump original NDS carts - as long as you have a Neo kit as far as I can tell, because it won't dump to any of my kits.

It also contains 2Mbit EEPROM save, which is great news for users of older GBA kits that can't or won't upgrade to something newer. It comes with a software CD that contains a ton of Neo tools, as well as FlashMe, and a small manual. Very convenient!

The MK4 mini is currently my favourite NoPass. It has a cool added feature set, and boots every cart I have, minus the XCart - but I don't think I've figured out how to properly get anything NDS related working on it yet, so that result could change.

Thanks for all your work. Is your Superkey working with your EZ4 Lite MicroSD too?

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, both SuperKeys I have work just fine!
smile.gif

I have no idea what the deal is with the PassCard..but I've giving the poor DS's a rest, they both need a recharge anyway. I'll do some more testing tomorrow and see what comes of it.

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, not trying to hijack this thread or anything...but could someone explain to me what the hell the point of paying $30 for a PassCard3/SuperKey is? Flashing is free (provided you can find access to a PassKey2/SuperPass2/etc.), and protects you from getting bricked. I suppose I can see how people would want to avoid the risk of flashing a Lite, but if you read the guides it's really not hard at all.

As a point of reference, I've successfully flashed seven DS Lites now and haven't had a problem with a single one. Why are these products on the market?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, not trying to hijack this thread or anything...but could someone explain to me what the hell the point of paying $30 for a PassCard3/SuperKey is? Flashing is free (provided you can find access to a PassKey2/SuperPass2/etc.), and protects you from getting bricked. I suppose I can see how people would want to avoid the risk of flashing a Lite, but if you read the guides it's really not hard at all.

As a point of reference, I've successfully flashed seven DS Lites now and haven't had a problem with a single one. Why are these products on the market?

Key part, "provided you can find access to a Passkey..."

I don't have access to one. I'm trying to use a nopass to install Flashme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks