Hacking What NoPass Device Can I Use?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
..and it does. Fantastic, I'll update the chart - hoping they don't break compatibility again.

Thank goodness for that
biggrin.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the only difference is the boot up screen, and that's why I prefer the SuperKey. The faster I get into my Flash Kit, the happier I am.

I'll be adding the Neo MK4 Mini results to the chart this week as well, for those crazy enough to want a Neo solution!

Edit: I'll also be adding results from the Ultra FlashPass & Ultra PassKey when they arrive (possibly this week, my fingers are crossed.) The only one left I haven't sourced yet is the mysterious PassMe2 Z Mini.

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I actually do.

When I post up the photos from the review, you'll see the different carts, NoPass devices, and all the flash memory I had to buy to get them all to work. The only cart I don't own on that list is an X-ROM!

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, they all feel and look like regular DS carts - except as noted, the PassCard 2 is a little too thick so it fits too tight - ejecting it is a pain. The MML is also slightly thicker than a regular DS cart but doesn't jam the same way the PassCard 2 can.

Other than that, you really wouldn't know the difference.
smile.gif

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your hard work. One nice thing about the Passcard 3 with the splash screen is you know it is actually working if you see the splash screen. Sometimes the nopass card might not be in perfectly, and you can tell it is correctly when you see the splash screen. It may seem like it would be easy to tell since your flash cart would just boot regardless of the splash screen, but if your cart isn't working (as in the case of the EZ4)...

Granted if I'm using the nopass every day, I don't want a splash screen probably, but I only plan on using it to get Flashme on.

RaydenEG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is hijacking the thread but i thought this would be a good place to ask where is the best/cheapest place to buy the Superkey. Im confused by the pricepoint because winsunx has it for $18.5 (shipping is more because its based in china)
http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=720

and places like real hot stuff have it listed at 28
http://www.realhotstuff.com/superkey-stock-p-77.html

is it the same product? am I confused? is winsunx really selling for more than 10 dollars under the msrp? Where did you get your card from or suggest I purchase it?

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WinSunX has low prices, that's just what they're about. You can be rest assured they're all selling the same product as everyone else. With WinSunX, it's the shipping and PayPal fees (if you pay that way) that can bring the cost in line with other stores depending on where you live. For some people, it's still a cheaper option.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just recieved my ez4 lite TF version and can confirm it doesnt work using any loaders dated 5/15 -6/15 with my superkey(old version) or so winsunx says i am writing directly to tf card using client beta3 tried older client too no go

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

eightbitminiboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just recieved my ez4 lite TF version and can confirm it doesnt work using any loaders dated 5/15 -6/15 with my superkey(old version) or so winsunx says i am writing directly to tf card using client beta3 tried older client too no go

Works okay with EZ4Loader060619.zip though, right?

no it does not .... when you try to load a ds game you get duel white screens

You did download the latest kernel right?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you are able to get to the EZ menus with it? If you're saying it freezes when you load a DS game, that implies that the Superkey works to get you to the menu

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you are able to get to the EZ menus with it? If you're saying it freezes when you load a DS game, that implies that the Superkey works to get you to the menu

EZ4Loader060619.zip along with 0615, 0530, 0525,0524,0515,0511 all either do not boot into the loader screen or dual white screen on load nds game

mario kart gives white screens
new mario - white screens
brain age - black screens

almost all of them get to game selection screen. maybe it is my tf card then? but the tf card works, and has booted every nds game fine in my supercard sd that ive tried so far, with micro to sd adapter

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EZ4Loader060619.zip along with 0615, 0530, 0525,0524,0515,0511 all either do not boot into the loader screen or dual white screen on load nds game

mario kart gives white screens
new mario - white screens
brain age - black screens

almost all of them get to game selection screen. maybe it is my tf card then? but the tf card works, and has booted every nds game fine in my supercard sd that ive tried so far, with micro to sd adapter

Well, looks like your Superkey is working if you're getting to the EZ loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1