OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do you have to wait 20 seconds after each search to search for something again. I don't get why it's there, like does it help server load or something??

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up.

People actually use the search?
This,
In all honesty, the search feature sorta sucks.

The current search feature is a lot better than the old one. This one is actually pretty decent.

I use it now and then but if I typo or something then I have to wait like 30 seconds to do another search. It's a bit silly honestly.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current search feature is a lot better than the old one. This one is actually pretty decent.

You really think so? Because I haven't found anything I was hunting for using our search, since the last forum upgrade.
And since I can't use google in the staff area, that means upwards of ten minutes of hunting.....before I get bored and decide to just make shit up.

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although I will occasionally jump to a regular search engine, especially for a release of if I remember something reasonably likely to be unique to the thread but that is more likely because I have a nice search bar at the top of the browser, but I will have to +1 the search feature works and I especially enjoy the narrow by forum area and forum poster options. Combine it with filter options on forums themselves (although curiously if you start a thread and do not reply to it then it will not come up in threads you have replied to) and the ability to find all a member's posts (although I will agree the upgrade kind of gimped it, especially if they post in a lot of popular threads and stickies) and for the most part the average external search engine does not have a chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill