DBI and Sigpatches???

Tumtum2814

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im a switch hacking noob and i've done a bunch of searching but not finding anything thats helping. I'm on FW 16, i followed the homebrew guide, i have an unpatched switch and have hekate loaded (6.0.3), backed everything up, created a sysnand and emunand partition, dual booted switchroot.

I installed the DBI nro and have an xci i wanted to install. Setup the DBIbackend, DBI says it installed successfully except, what shows up on the switch homescreen is a blank square with the loading cirle. I can delete that software from software management but i cannot get it to load.

From searching, it seems it might have to do with sigpatches and i see the thread where i can download sigpatch tools, but i have no idea what they do, or why/how? And i also don't know if i need to bump everything to 17.0 to make it work or not.

Help?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) if you're referring to the sigpatches thread here on gbatemp, they contain sig patches for firmware 1.x to 17.x so no you don't need to update. Unless the game itself requires firmware 17

2) sig patches (shortened from signature patches) allows you to install and/or play pirated/backup games

3) you don't need dbibackend. It's an option to use but you can use dbi's mtp feature to install games, backup saves and games, browse the sd, etc without the backend. But that's user preference. Just figured I would mention it

Tumtum2814

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) if you're referring to the sigpatches thread here on gbatemp, they contain sig patches for firmware 1.x to 17.x so no you don't need to update. Unless the game itself requires firmware 17

2) sig patches (shortened from signature patches) allows you to install and/or play pirated/backup games

3) you don't need dbibackend. It's an option to use but you can use dbi's mtp feature to install games, backup saves and games, browse the sd, etc without the backend. But that's user preference. Just figured I would mention it
so the extra step i need to take is to install sigpatches for my relevant FW and then the game should be able to be properly installed?

I was looking at MTP but backend seemed more straight forward to me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so the extra step i need to take is to install sigpatches for my relevant FW and then the game should be able to be properly installed?

I was looking at MTP but backend seemed more straight forward to me.
You can't do very much without sigpatches, it's step 1 after installing CFW.
Just extract the archive onto your SD and launch CFW emuNAND from Hekate.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Tumtum2814

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i ended up using sys-patch which worked like a charm. Tried using auto-ips to make sig patches and i could NOT figure it out, so here we are lol

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sys-patch is a great alternative, its still recommended to run sig patches along with sys-patch. you could attempt to make your own or you could download the set made by the community (Here).

as for dbi's mtp,
1) plug switch into computer
2) load mtp in dbi
3) go to "my computer" in you file browser
4) profit.
but each to there own

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?