Hacking What discless method can I use to hack the Wii Mode? And Devolution?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Questions:

1) Can I hack the Wii Mode via some discless method like I did to my Original Wii?

2) I saw a video on YouTube of a guy running Smash Bros. Melee through Devolution on Wii Mode so it means NGC Games are playable.. ish?

Thanks.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:

1) Can I hack the Wii Mode via some discless method like I did to my Original Wii?

2) I saw a video on YouTube of a guy running Smash Bros. Melee through Devolution on Wii Mode so it means NGC Games are playable.. ish?

Thanks.

I like how you got a response that completely ignored the first question followed by an unsure answer to the second.

1) No! There are no discless methods that work on vWii! As you can see here: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode the only ones that work are Indiana Pwns, Bathaxx, Return of the Jodi, Eri HaKawai, Yu-Gi-OWNED, and Smash Stack (with Smash Stack being a popular choice)

2) Yes! Devolution does work on WiiU, but be sure you understand how Devolution works. Devolution requires you to verify all your games with the original disc, which is something you can't do on a WiiU. To get around this there's new verification methods in revision 200 (which also breaks compatibility with the old verification system if you've verified any in the past). Read through the Devolution readme and you'll find that you can tied the verification of the disc to a wii remote. Devolution will then work on Wii U, but only if you have that specific wii remote connected to the Wii U. Look out for updates to Nintendont, which will hopefully allow for gamecube games on WiiU.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to highjack, but are NGC games fully playable now with Devolution R200+? I thought there were issues with eg. audio?

Maybe I've been living under a rock? ;-)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Devolution uses (v)wii mode to emulate the gamecube. It even works with streaming audio games. If you check the devolution thread in the wii section you might find a link with the devolution compatibility status of many gc games.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Thank you all.

I like how you got a response that completely ignored the first question followed by an unsure answer to the second.

Oh you're right, it all runs on the Wii Mode. I forgot about that for a sec.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sorry to highjack, but are NGC games fully playable now with Devolution R200+? I thought there were issues with eg. audio?

Maybe I've been living under a rock? ;-)
Audio I think has no issues. There is a problem with some games and how it detects the analog shoulder buttons, though (E.G. non-players's-choice Luigi's Mansion)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.