Is it normal for my Wii U to softlock after using WUP Installer?

Spiderfreak1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had a question, I installed Tiramisu and use WUP Installer a lot on my Wii U for GBA/DS VC injecting, but I've run into some odd issues. Firstly, whenever I install a game via WUP installer, after it installs it for some reason ALWAYS softlocks on the Mii Maker boot up screen, and never loads back to the Main Wii U menu, so I'm forced to turn off my Wii U via holding the power button for forced shut down. Whenever I boot up the Wii U, the software is always successfully installed after, but it makes me wonder if something's going wrong with the Wii U, I can't find ANY information on anyone reporting this problem at all.

And secondly, this problem is related to the first. This didn't use to happen, but after I used WUP Installer so many times in this manner to install VC titles (I've been trying to test Bowser's Inside Story via injecting it into different ROMs to find which one works the best for it), now it's giving me issues. Sometimes when I boot up the CFW mode so I can click Mii Maker to enter Homebrew, it'll either soft lock the Wii U (I just hear the Wii U main screen music but a black screen) or it'll give me a "Mocha error" and not load into it. It tends to happen every other time I try to boot up CFW mode specifically via the Health and Safety Information App, and every other time outside of that it'll activate normally without issue. I'm not sure what's wrong or if I can fix what's going on. Can someone help me please?

EDIT: It's now also giving me an issue where the Wii U won't boot back to the main menu properly sometimes after going to the System Settings in CFW enabled mode and trying to exit afterward. I'm not sure what's going on...

Last edited by Spiderfreak1011,
Reactions: adamred

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Are you using a homebrew launcher version of the installer? Or the installed channel version?
I believe I had the first issue with the launcher version. The channel version was fine.
Though admittedly it's been a long time since I tested it on Tiramisu.

Now I'm on Aroma where I use the WUHB version.
Or rather, I moved to Aroma, tested everything and didn't really use my Wii U since.

Spiderfreak1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a homebrew launcher version of the installer? Or the installed channel version?
I believe I had the first issue with the launcher version. The channel version was fine.

Or rather, I moved to Aroma, tested everything and didn't really use my Wii U since.
I've been using the Homebrew Launcher version of the installer (aka I boot up Homebrew via Tiramisu, and then it boots into the WUP Installer (which has no fancy HUD/GUI, it's just a black screen with white text), so I'm guessing that's the issue? Where do I go to find where to install the channel version of Homebrew Launcher if it avoids that issue? That would help me out so much if I could figure out where to do that instead, thanks for the help. (Not sure if it'll help my "booting into CFW/Mocha via Health and Safety app problem though, but that's fine if not, one step at a time)

Spiderfreak1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand what Aroma is, is it some emulator for Wii U? If so I probably won't use it, I'd prefer to stick to my Wii U hardware

Reactions: adamred

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or just stop using WUP to install stuff. Use NUSspli or its lite version to do the installation instead.
Switch to Aroma is also a wise move too unless you use a lot of Retroarch or use Loadiine for those sweet DS games.

Spiderfreak1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just stop using WUP to install stuff. Use NUSspli or its lite version to do the installation instead.
Switch to Aroma is also a wise move too unless you use a lot of Retroarch or use Loadiine for those sweet DS games.
I haven't heard of NUSspli before, could you direct me to where I could find it? I'd be willing to try it out as well if it's better for installation

Spiderfreak1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm using the Channel version now and it's working perfectly without soft locking my Wii U, thank you so much! I'm so grateful for your help, it means a lot to me :D

Reactions: Ethelbert

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1