What discless method can I use to hack the Wii Mode? And Devolution?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WiiCube_2013, Nov 7, 2013.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Questions:

1) Can I hack the Wii Mode via some discless method like I did to my Original Wii?

2) I saw a video on YouTube of a guy running Smash Bros. Melee through Devolution on Wii Mode so it means NGC Games are playable.. ish?

Thanks.

2. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
  3. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    I like how you got a response that completely ignored the first question followed by an unsure answer to the second.

1) No! There are no discless methods that work on vWii! As you can see here: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode the only ones that work are Indiana Pwns, Bathaxx, Return of the Jodi, Eri HaKawai, Yu-Gi-OWNED, and Smash Stack (with Smash Stack being a popular choice)

2) Yes! Devolution does work on WiiU, but be sure you understand how Devolution works. Devolution requires you to verify all your games with the original disc, which is something you can't do on a WiiU. To get around this there's new verification methods in revision 200 (which also breaks compatibility with the old verification system if you've verified any in the past). Read through the Devolution readme and you'll find that you can tied the verification of the disc to a wii remote. Devolution will then work on Wii U, but only if you have that specific wii remote connected to the Wii U. Look out for updates to Nintendont, which will hopefully allow for gamecube games on WiiU.

4. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2008
    Sorry to highjack, but are NGC games fully playable now with Devolution R200+? I thought there were issues with eg. audio?

Maybe I've been living under a rock? ;-)

5. obcd

obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2011
    Belgium
    Devolution uses (v)wii mode to emulate the gamecube. It even works with streaming audio games. If you check the devolution thread in the wii section you might find a link with the devolution compatibility status of many gc games.

Ray Lewis likes this.
  6. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Thank you all.

Oh you're right, it all runs on the Wii Mode. I forgot about that for a sec.

7. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Audio I think has no issues. There is a problem with some games and how it detects the analog shoulder buttons, though (E.G. non-players's-choice Luigi's Mansion)