• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What did you think of the state Of the union address?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,172
  • Replies 8
  • Likes 1

How was the state of he union address?

• Good

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 50/50

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
I personally liked it for the most part. The word parts of Trump's speech where he called coal clean, and the part where he took credit for lowering the unemployment rate for people of color. Other than those two parts I liked it.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll look at it from two angles.

On the one hand, it was actually a pretty good speech, he didn't go bonkers ad-lib like usual, and the spectacle of the MS-13 victims' parents, the soldier who's friend was injured in a hospital bomb, the North Korean defector's crutches, and others was pretty impactful. I'm a naturalized citizen who grew up in the US and identify with the US far more than the country I was born in, and I did like the appeals to Americanism he peppered in. Felt patriotic and feel-goody.

Then on the other hand, there's the complete lack of substance. As mentioned above, "clean" coal was laughable, taking credit for black unemployment numbers was pretty questionable too, and I question many of his facts and see much of those facts as disingenuous. For example, he touted an improved economy, yet somewhere around 3/4ths of that growth was in metropolitan areas -- the areas that voted against him -- rather than the rural areas that his policies have been targeting. I question how much of that growth was his doing. There's, of course, policy agendas he has that I disagree with as well, but I expected as much. Never agreed 100% with any president. He also left out the myriad of controversies surrounding him and his administration, as I expected. Then he also failed to talk much about what's going to happen moving forward, other than vague promises to cheapen health care and build infrastructure. And finally, despite his optimism and attempts at calling for unity, I expect us to be back to the usual controversy/drama rigmarole pretty soon. I'm surely not quick to forget his administration's incompetence in nearly every sector of governance, and I highly doubt his ability to get even a quarter of his vague agenda complete.

So I'm 50/50. Good speech, still don't like this president. That's about that.

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought the part about the cop who took the homeless person's kid and raised it as it's own was pretty weird. how about putting that person in a house and getting them the help they need instead of stealing their child from them? we treat the homeless and ill like they're not really human.

Otherwise it was just like any other state of the union... politician lying through their teeth.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought the part about the cop who took the homeless person's kid and raised it as it's own was pretty weird. how about putting that person in a house and getting them the help they need instead of stealing their child from them? we treat the homeless and ill like they're not really human.
They weren't just homeless, the woman was 8 months pregnant, homeless, addicted and shooting up heroin when the officer found her and her husband
they both agreed to let the baby be adopted and drug rehab places reached out to help the parents get clean

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just more scripted blathering from the ol’ demented orange failure. These past couple years have been a national embarrassment, thankfully the dotard is living on borrowed time. Once Bob & company have finished rooting out the Drumpf crime family nest of rats, he’s coming for Vladdy. Many of these treasonous monsters will die in Federal prison.
#MuellerTime
#Karma

My WW2-era father has been rolling in his grave; he and many like him risked it all to DEFEAT the nazi regime, now we’ve got one sitting in/polluting the White House. I never thought I’d live to see the day. Orwellian.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3