What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm actually surprised I have 54 posts in this thread. I would have guessed at most, 30.
Well that's because this thread has virtually no limits. You can keep posting and just handle this as some sort of diary. I think this thread should have more rules or more supervision, because some of these things I read here are just pathetic. An achievement should be something hard and time-consuming, not just starting a game or telling what you've done today.

Reactions: 1 person

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually surprised I have 54 posts in this thread. I would have guessed at most, 30.
Well that's because this thread has virtually no limits. You can keep posting and just handle this as some sort of diary. I think this thread should have more rules or more supervision, because some of these things I read here are just pathetic. An achievement should be something hard and time-consuming, not just starting a game or telling what you've done today.

The way I see it, just playing Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS is an achievement each time considering the game sucks, voice acting is piss poor and I have no idea what the hell the story is, and the main character makes Cloud look like Bruce Wayne. It's really pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Caved in and started playing Persona 4. I BLAME EMIGRE.
I am surprised I can emulate it with my Intel graphics though, was p. sure I needed to use my dedicated card to do so(which is now useless).
Going to go save Yukiko now. Game has been easy enough so far :V I am guessing difficulty will start increasing p. soon though V:

D

Deleted_171835

Finished the Fire Sanctuary and fought Ghirahim (Skyward Sword).

The way I see it, just playing Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS is an achievement each time considering the game sucks, voice acting is piss poor and I have no idea what the hell the story is, and the main character makes Cloud look like Bruce Wayne. It's really pathetic.
@emigre would kill you if he read this. :P

Reactions: 3 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finished the Fire Sanctuary and fought Ghirahim.

@emigre would kill you if he read this. :P

THE BATTLE SYSTEM IS VERY GOOD NOT TOGF GOOD BUT STILL VERY GOOD AND FUN.
VOICE ACTING IS PRETTY GOOD.
AND WHO THE HELL PLAYS TALES OR JRPGS IN GENERAL FOR STORY! A JRPG WITH A GOOD STORY IS LIKE A GAHARS POST WITHOUT A PUN.

Overall TotA and Shadow Wars have been the best reasons to buy a 3DS.

EDIT: Now Paarish is going to call me a weeaboo again :(

Reactions: 4 people

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Caved in and started playing Persona 4. I BLAME EMIGRE.
I am surprised I can emulate it with my Intel graphics though, was p. sure I needed to use my dedicated card to do so(which is now useless).
Going to go save Yukiko now. Game has been easy enough so far :V I am guessing difficulty will start increasing p. soon though V:
You will hate Kanji's shadow....and fear him.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Played through world 3 on Kirby's Return to Dreamland, co-op. Oh yay, another water world. Ugh.
Anyway, I hope this game has a LOT more after the original 5 worlds. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed. You can't make a console game that short.
I hear you there. I got through the first couple worlds so easily that I had to stop and switch games. I haven't really done anything with that game in quite a while.

As for me, My accomplishment has been getting a new 43" flat-screen. Unfortunately it's not really HD but it DOES do progressive scan so I've gotta go get some component cabled for my Wii (I only have a Wii and a DVD player so nothing can really take advantage of more so I'm okay with that ... and it was relatively cheap.) Most of my actual game time has just been spending time looking at the games that I previously had to strain my eyes to read text on my CRT and just generally enjoying / examining the images. Didn't really make much progress that I can think of at the moment. I also gotta upgrade to DM v2.3. I never got around to upgrading from v2.0 since I didn't really care about widescreen before.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hear you there. I got through the first couple worlds so easily that I had to stop and switch games. I haven't really done anything with that game in quite a while.
It's a real shame, because gameplay-wise, it's easily my favorite since Kirby Super Star. Unlike just about every other Kirby game released since Super Star, it actually includes a bunch of Super Star's innovations that made it so great. But otherwise it's so freaking easy. I've died maybe twice, that's it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
It's a real shame, because gameplay-wise, it's easily my favorite since Kirby Super Star. Unlike just about every other Kirby game released since Super Star, it actually includes a bunch of Super Star's innovations that made it so great. But otherwise it's so freaking easy. I've died maybe twice, that's it.
If it helps, I hear there's Return to Dreamland levels that were supposedly made more challenging and included with the Kirby Anniversary Collection but, yeah, unless it gets harder later on, it seems like it needed to be AT LEAST a lot longer, if not just more challenging in general.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made it to Nimbasa City in Pokemon Black, finding the gap between cities oddly short and the only thing making them long so far is catching pokemon, Also final started to caputre actualy team pokemon as ive had a few with me till now just to get by with as I did not like all the early on pokemon. Current team is now Servine, Archen, Darumaka, and Panpour till I can ditch it for a better water pokemon, can't evolve it sense its evovled form learns no moves :blink:

Still not enjoying this game very much but I plan on atleast beating it, though compaired to the Gold/silver remake and platinum and diamond this game seems like crap to me, feels like this game needed more polishing before its release.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Played through world 3 on Kirby's Return to Dreamland, co-op. Oh yay, another water world. Ugh.
Anyway, I hope this game has a LOT more after the original 5 worlds. Otherwise I'm gonna be pissed. You can't make a console game that short.

As for me, My accomplishment has been getting a new 43" flat-screen. Unfortunately it's not really HD but it DOES do progressive scan so I've gotta go get some component cabled for my Wii (I only have a Wii and a DVD player so nothing can really take advantage of more so I'm okay with that ... and it was relatively cheap.) Most of my actual game time has just been spending time looking at the games that I previously had to strain my eyes to read text on my CRT and just generally enjoying / examining the images. Didn't really make much progress that I can think of at the moment. I also gotta upgrade to DM v2.3. I never got around to upgrading from v2.0 since I didn't really care about widescreen before.

...How is that a gaming achievement? I think some people are misunderstanding this thread.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
...How is that a gaming achievement? I think some people are misunderstanding this thread.
I got it specifically for gaming .. but yeah, I know I'm kinda stretching the definition
and I was excited and I had to tell somebody ... and, as I mentioned, I didn't really achieve anything in the games themselves so I was kinda desperate.

(That's my excuse, anyway.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if they ever announced the rg35sp winner or just keeping it quiet now