What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reached Sector Delphinus on Shin Megami Tensei : Strange journey, after 5 retries, i think i´ll finish this time....
compared to SMT IV, this game is Way too hard, the Normal Enemies are more powerful and frustrating than any boss.

Also, I Bought Dishonored yesterday and played until the first half of the first main mission, looks promising.
Oh, you're in for a treat when you reach Eridanus.
Fucking Eridanus.

Never seen anyone say the normal monsters were harder than bosses, and SMT IV in considered the easiest SMT game by many.
Are you making use of the same alignments demons and doing sidequests?

Also Dishonored is great, one of the best stealth games from last gen.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, you're in for a treat when you reach Eridanus.
Fucking Eridanus.

Never seen anyone say the normal monsters were harder than bosses, and SMT IV in considered the easiest SMT game by many.
Are you making use of the same alignments demons and doing sidequests?

Also Dishonored is great, one of the best stealth games from last gen.

Yup, my MC´s Vitality and strength are very high, over 300 HP at level 29, my team is : Vile Baphomet,Jaki Ippon-Datara and Wilder Raiju, every demon has at least 2 buffs/debuffs and the 3 are Neutral-aligned like my MC.

SMT IV you just have to put every Level up points on magic to nuke everything, this works on any SMT actually.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Beat world 5 and 6 on Super Mario 3D World. stars are getting harder to get but still manageable. if the tradition of 8 worlds is true here then I'm close to the final, but I still need to replay most levels to get all the stars and stamps.
once I finish SM3DW I'm gonna continue with Infamous, gotta play fast and finish Infamous 2 too to continue my bad karma run on Second Son just in time to play First Light.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I started my first SMT game a couple of days ago (Persona 4 on PS2, standart difficulty) and I got wrecked in the fight against the horseman the second time I visited yukiko's castle.
It dealt too much damage, kept poisoning all my characters and I could heal only so much. Now I gotta get through all 5 floors again. -.-
Any tips on beating him?

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, my MC´s Vitality and strength are very high, over 300 HP at level 29, my team is : Vile Baphomet,Jaki Ippon-Datara and Wilder Raiju, every demon has at least 2 buffs/debuffs and the 3 are Neutral-aligned like my MC.
I'll try replaying the game then, been in the mood for a hard RPG.

SMT IV you just have to put every Level up points on magic to nuke everything, this works on any SMT actually.
Except in SMT 1 & 2 where the protags can't use magic.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll try replaying the game then, been in the mood for a hard RPG.

Except in SMT 1 & 2 where the protags can't use magic.

oh, yeah, i forgot about those 2...
and SMT SJ´s Magic stat has no apparent effect on the MC, as his elemental shots are powered by Strength, the only reason to have high magic is to take less damage from M.attacks.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
finished world 6 and 7 on SM3DW and working my way through world 8. the game is getting difficult and somewhat cheap, is getting obvious that was created with multiplayer in mind.
I also been playing Fez on my Vita, the game look fantastic and still relaxing, that relaxing that I cannot play when I feel sleepy or else I fall asleep.

D

Deleted_171835

P4G

tWuMHvm.jpg

Level 78, Normal, True Ending
Playtime: 70 hr, 37 min.

Liked it a lot but when it comes to the SMT games that I've played (aka 2), I still prefer SMTIV. The Social Link stuff here while good in small doses gets kinda tiring when you go through those long stretches where there is nothing to do but S-Links (esp. if you finish a dungeon on the first day). And while most of the S-Links are entertaining enough, some (Sayoko) aren't.

Then there's the dungeons itself which for the most part are pretty uninspired and have like 100 floors for you to get through. And then there's the plot which I found to be a bit too lighthearted compared to the whole demon world's end dreary apocalyptic setting of SMTIV. I liked the characters a lot though (except Rise when she's first introduced, SENPAI SENPAI shut the fuck up already) and kinda considering going through a New Games Plus+ at another date to do all the S-Links.

Overall I thought it was pretty great. Not world-changing or some revolutionary addition to the JRPG game but a pretty solid game that maybe could have been paced better.

Next up, Nocturne.

Reactions: weavile001

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat Ys: Memories of Celceta, just on normal. You know what? As much fun as I had the game, nothing frustrates me as much as having a mystery missing .3% map completion that is in no way obvious as to what I'm missing on my map. I'll forgo new game plus for now.

lagaremondays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory as if it's real life - where you only get one shot to everything and being seen by the guards mean you have to eliminate them. Of course this would affect your rating at the end of every level. There's no save scumming, such is a life of a splinter cell.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
made some really cool cheats for DefJam NY the fight :take over for the psp and ppsspp the currently best psp emulator for pc and android.

just watch the movie i made.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Beat The World Ends With You again. Forgot how confusing the ending is.
Going to finish the challenges to get the reports. Maybe those will clear at least some things up. :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyway, I get paid tomorrow, just in time for me to order Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on Amazon. I've heard great things about this one, and I already have Dawn of Sorrow waiting for when I beat Aria, so I'm really excited. And after those two, I just have to beat Order of Ecclesia to complete my journey through the GBA and DS Castlevanias. :yaysp:

Highly recommend Aria of Sorrow rather than Dawn.
The art style in Aria holds its gothic scenery while Dawn goes for an anime-style, which I highly dislike for Castlevania games because the gothic art is far more beautiful and detailed than anime in everyway.

Aria adds a lot of things to the series and is quite addicting actually, completed it with all souls, reached level 99 and 100% completion.
Definetely the best Castlevania game in the GBA by a mile.

If you are going to get a Castlevania game for the DS, I recommend Order of Ecclesia instead.
Just my opinion though, hope you find it useful. :)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1