What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Received my yaosm modchip's for the Wii today, got both soldered + installed which was fairly easy and everything seems to be working great. Here is my install pictures. :yaywii:

edit: btw I ordered from EurAsia which I would recommend to anyone, it took 2 weeks to get to the usa but I had no problems, next time I think i'll program my own with a pic programmer I'll definitely be ordering one soon.

j0ky.jpg

hu4k.jpg

ysne.jpg

ywox.jpg

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
finished the 1st disc of FF9, and just got out of alexandria on Disc 2, goddamn, Beatrix one-shoted my entire team ;-;
I saw your last post, and Gizmaluke definitely is not easy if you aren't prepared. I've played through Gizmaluke's Grotto several times in the past, so I found the fight manageable, but it still wasn't a cakewalk. And yeah, you technically can never actually beat Beatrix. She does have a set amount of HP that you can get to, triggering the kill shot, but odds are, if you're playing it right, you won't manage to get there due to Zidane focusing on stealing what she has.

As for my accomplishment, I beat FF9 today, after first trying to play the game over a decade ago. SPOILERS AHEAD! All the specific info is in the spoiler tag that might actually be spoiler-riffic.
Kuja was easier than I expected him to be, and I completely destroyed the end game boss. Honestly, the end game boss was a little too easy, despite his group attacks. It helps that three quarters of my party ended up tranced (except Zidane, sadly; Grand Lethal would have been amazing), not to mention that I had auto-regen on Dagger and Zidane, auto-life on Dagger and Vivi, and a fuck ton of HP and defense on Steiner.

Used a party of Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, and Steiner to completely win. Due to my focus on them throughout the game, they all had nearly all of their skills, sans a couple of skills that I have no idea what piece of gear they could have possibly been on, or how I could have missed it with all of my side questing. Regardless, my end game levels were something like 56, 55, 54, and 54. I got my Gold Chocobo and dug up every treasure, got every dive spot, and all of the mountain cracks, so I was definitely set where equipment and abilities of all sorts were concerned. Due to said side questing, I was also set on elixirs and ethers, making it so it would have been damned hard for me to lose.

I may boot it back up and go after Ozma, for the prestige of beating him and getting Dagger's final summon, if nothing else.

My final verdict: that was a fantastic game. It was easily better than VII and VIII, without a doubt. The story was better, the ability system was better, the Chocobo system was more fun, the side quests didn't feel totally useless, and ultimate weapons were attainable with enough effort without being ridiculously hard to get (excluding the Excalibur 2, because reaching the end game in 12 hours ain't happening). I enjoyed it more than III and IV, and I would say it's definitely better than any of the installments XII+. I spent almost exactly 50 hours getting through the game too, and considering next to none of that time was spent level grinding, that means nearly 50 hours of story and side quests, something a lot of games are missing anymore.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I saw your last post, and Gizmaluke definitely is not easy if you aren't prepared. I've played through Gizmaluke's Grotto several times in the past, so I found the fight manageable, but it still wasn't a cakewalk. And yeah, you technically can never actually beat Beatrix. She does have a set amount of HP that you can get to, triggering the kill shot, but odds are, if you're playing it right, you won't manage to get there due to Zidane focusing on stealing what she has.

Yeah, i know she has a set amount of HP before her uses flamewall or something like that, the fight was manangeable, as i´m playing on the emulator, i just had to load the state until she doesn´t start the battle casting Shock on Steiner( this happened A LOT) Steiner had over 1100 hp but the Shock dealt over 1200 to everyone, it was so fustrating...
But anyways, does this game has a ``Wake-up call boss´´?the battle against the antlion or something was brutal....

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh, I remember that game. Finished it once or twice as a kid, it was actually surprisingly good for a game with Hamtaro in the name.
I still got the original cart ;p
Along with the box c:

I also got Ham ham Unite for GBC (cart only)
Ham Ham Games (boxed) and Ham Ham rescue (boxed)

All except the GBC one where purchased at launch ;p

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, i know she has a set amount of HP before her uses flamewall or something like that, the fight was manangeable, as i´m playing on the emulator, i just had to load the state until she doesn´t start the battle casting Shock on Steiner( this happened A LOT) Steiner had over 1100 hp but the Shock dealt over 1200 to everyone, it was so fustrating...
But anyways, does this game has a ``Wake-up call boss´´?the battle against the antlion or something was brutal....
She shouldn't start the battle by using Shock. That's supposed to be her kill shot, initiated via the battle obviously being over. If she was using that right off, I dunno. Maybe it's something about the version of the game you have. I know that, at the least, there are a couple versions of FF IX in existence on disc, which means, odds are, they exist online too. Though, it should be mentioned that the second version was primarily to correct the Gold Chocobo bug, which made most of disc three completely skippable.

As for the bosses, yeah, some of them are going to kick your ass, especially early on through disc two, when you don't get to pick pretty much any of your party. Odds are, you won't do as well as me right away because, quite frankly, I have the experience of playing through at least 60% of the game a couple of times in the past, giving me a leg up on dos and don'ts with characters.

To note, Gizmaluke and the Antlion boss are both some of the tougher fights. Not the toughest, by far, but tougher. Hell, some of the random enemies in the end game can incapacitate your entire party and get you game over if you aren't careful (or are playing on active so that you don't have time to respond before the enemy can move again). Later in the game, either get used to utilizing one of the two white magic users you'll eventually have, or get used to utilizing abilities such as auto-potion+chemist (for 300 HP instead of 150 HP) or auto-regen. It should be noted that auto-regen is most effective when spell casters are in the party, as their longer attacks are fantastic for giving the regen time to work. Regardless, auto-potion and chemist are most likely to be coming up soon IIRC. Auto-regen is more a disc three ability.

Another thing to remember: don't ditch old equipment as soon as you get new equipment if you still have abilities to learn. Even arbitrary skills like Locomotion may eventually find a great use, and you don't want to get later in the game and suddenly be stuck with old equipment because of some ability or another that you suddenly need to help you out.

OH, and Level Up and Ability Up. Together, they take up about 10 points per person of their precious few early on, but learning abilities quickly is a blessing, and more levels faster just keeps things easier without level grinding.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I've been having a hard time focusing on finishing games because Pokemon Bank ruined my whole schedule. been playing Pokemon Y trying to pass super singles on battle mansion without luck even though I have my old pokemons, they still throw at me a complete team of counters to anything I have on that moment and with such luck that I cannot even move because hypnosis works for them like a 100% acc move while my 90% acc rough play or aqua tail misses, that's bullshit.
downloaded Beatmania IIDX 12 Happy Sky for PS2 and is fucking hard, I really need the turntable controller to hit something because the keys of the game doesn't translate very well to Dualshock buttons, but I'll be trying to get used to them until I can order the turntable controller.
I'm also interested on the Pop'n Music series, I'll give it a try and hope the controls aren't that broken like IIDX ones, fortunately someone on MercadoLibre has a controller and I'll buy it if I like the game enough, after paying my debts of course.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
again, what a luck..
played more FF IX until the part where you fight a Huge tree on the 2nd disc, the fight was pretty easy until it started casting mustard bomb, everyone died excluding eiko, she had over 200 hp, another counter would kill her, but then i used Fenrir for 1400 DMG( it even showed the entire animation), killing it, just like what happened with gizmaluke....

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL, again, what a luck..
played more FF IX until the part where you fight a Huge tree on the 2nd disc, the fight was pretty easy until it started casting mustard bomb, everyone died excluding eiko, she had over 200 hp, another counter would kill her, but then i used Fenrir for 1400 DMG( it even showed the entire animation), killing it, just like what happened with gizmaluke....
lol that's some really bad luck. Throughout the entire game, mustard bomb only connected once or twice for my party.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Bought Bravely Default!!
I haven't played the demo and on the Nintendo direct they said that the demo complements the full game, so started playing the demo first.
one thing that I realized is that now I have too many to play it all at the same time and if I split the time on them I'll end up playing like 5 minutes each, I need to make a plan to organize better my games :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @K3Nv2 https://youtu.be/_b_WmfLhnMM?si=1GZF2ULEvDAH418O +1