• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Well, Florida and irony

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Republicans: one party state is bad (which I agree with. One party governments are terrible. There should be multiparty instead of just two and better at being a democratic. Let people be heard)
Also republicans:
https://nbc-2.com/news/politics/202...-democratic-party-affiliation-in-florida/amp/

Ah yes. Just ban the opposition 4head.
I do strongly believe in competition and not fan of one party state.

However, in the US, it is very tricky because gerrymandering is perfectly legal and acceptable in many states, and state legislatures rely on gerrymandering to make as one party state and ensure that minorities cannot win to take majority of the government.

If the Congress ban on gerrymandering in federal and state elections, but it may not stop the federal court to strike the gerrymandering ban down as unconstitutional, and our court system is very politicized and they act more like legislature to override the laws that Congress passed and signed by the president.

We need to fix the court system to make as true judicial branch without political interference, so it means we have to replace the presidential nomination and senate confirmation with judicial committee to appoint the citizens and require an unanimous to put a judge in the court, and judges would be required to follow the ethical code, and form the judicial commission to investigate the misconducts, and they have power to remove the judges. No one can mess with court system anymore after this.

The Congress needs learn to be responsible to legislating the bills and they cannot rely on court as replacement for legislative business, and the court's job is interpret the law. If law is flawed, so it is legislature's responsibility to fix it.

Reactions: ELY_M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...