♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Okay... Dumb question time... How do I install a NON-fakesigned IOS61?
My Homebrew Channel is upside-down. =(

blink.gif
dop-ios

make sure you say no to the sig hash check which is trucha

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

blink.gif
dop-ios

That's why I pointed him to the shop channel installer. Seems some people have issues using DOP-IOS (they hit "A" on sig hash). At least with his installer you cannot do that. It will only install a clean IOS61
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
xzxero said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

blink.gif
dop-ios

That's why I pointed him to the shop channel installer. Seems some people have issues using DOP-IOS (they hit "A" on sig hash). At least with his installer you cannot do that. It will only install a clean IOS61
smile.gif
yea but that shop channel update takes soo long!
anyways, either or same desired outcome.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm/deny/ridicule that this release is causing some folks to have disc channel loading problems? as i've mentioned, i can no longer load retail discs after this install, and i've seen anecdotal evidence within other threads that i'm not alone in this.

i'm not nearly smart enough to understand what may have been overwritten or altered to cause this behavior, but i'd love any input on what i can do to correct it.

tia!

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
can anyone confirm/deny/ridicule that this release is causing some folks to have disc channel loading problems? as i've mentioned, i can no longer load retail discs after this install, and i've seen anecdotal evidence within other threads that i'm not alone in this.
i'm not nearly smart enough to understand what may have been overwritten or altered to cause this behavior, but i'd love any input on what i can do to correct it.
tia!
I was on 4.1U. I updated HBC and BootMii, using the new HackMii Installer v0.5. Then, I ran Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.2. As far as I can tell, my Disc Channel is working fine.

yay.gif

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
OncleJulien said:
tia!
I was on 4.1U. I updated HBC and BootMii, using the new HackMii Installer v0.5. Then, I ran Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.2. As far as I can tell, my Disc Channel is working fine.

yay.gif

Same...I haven't read where people say it doesn't work with retail discs.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:

tia!

Did you have bootmii in boot2 and a nand backup before hand? If so, you can roll back and see if your disc channel works again...then maybe try to re-update again. I would advise going with the "pure" method of updating at this point (as posted about with using NUSD and packing wads).

I initially thought Waninkoko's updater was simple (which it is) and if it worked 100% correctly it would be a good thing. But it does have issues. One being that it fakesigns all of your IOSes, and when you try to boot the hackmii installer afterward it doesn't allow you to install because it cannot find a vulnerable IOS. Not good news because most people who update now already have the latest hackmii installed. They'll find out that they will have an issue when v0.6 is released however...

It also overwrites your current cMIOS install (if you do GC backups) so you will have to go back and reinstall it after the update.

As for disc channel loading (for retail discs) ... that did work fine for me.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
I initially thought Waninkoko's updater was simple (which it is) and if it worked 100% correctly it would be a good thing. But it does have issues. One being that it fakesigns all of your IOSes, and when you try to boot the hackmii installer afterward it doesn't allow you to install because it cannot find a vulnerable IOS. Not good news because most people who update now already have the latest hackmii installed. They'll find out that they will have an issue when v0.6 is released however...

It also overwrites your current cMIOS install (if you do GC backups) so you will have to go back and reinstall it after the update.

If you use Dop-IOS, and downgrade IOS30 to v1040, the HackMii Installer should not have the "no vulnerable IOS's found" error.

lecture.gif

pimous

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I'm on 4.0 with preloader.

Do have to desinstall preloader 0.29 before installing hackmii and firmware 4.2 ?

Thanks.

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

blink.gif

Easiest way is to use marcs shopping channel installer. It'll download and install a clean IOS61.
Unless it isn't running on IOS61. For me, it installed to IOS35, so I used dop-IOS to fix it.

And I to add to the data points, I've had no issues with retail disks via the disk channel. Can't speak for burned media, as I don't even bother with them any more. I tried my Super Mario Galaxy disk for grins to see if I had any problems. All of my games have been loaded onto a hard drive and I play them with USB Loader GX.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
rextintorz said:
Where did you (who installed Waninkoko Firmware Updater 4.2) place the .dol file? In the apps folder, a firmware updater folder (inside the apps folder) or micro SD root folder? I need that answer, I can't make it run in any way I placed it.

sd/apps/firmware_updater_4.2/boot.dol

make sure the firmwarer_updater.dol is renamed to boot.dol. the firmware updater folder can be called anything as long as you rename the .dol

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
zektor said:

If you use Dop-IOS, and downgrade IOS30 to v1040, the HackMii Installer should not have the "no vulnerable IOS's found" error.

lecture.gif

Well aware of that my friend. I was among the first to recommend that "fix"
wink.gif

Only problem is that you shouldn't have to install an IOS that has been stubbed since long ago. IOS30 was the IOS that system menus 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 used. Yeah, it works to get hackmii functional again, but it isn't as "pure" as having all of your IOSes clean (except for IOS70 of course if you want VC/Wiiware from SD)

rextintorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bazamuffin said:
rextintorz said:
Where did you (who installed Waninkoko Firmware Updater 4.2) place the .dol file? In the apps folder, a firmware updater folder (inside the apps folder) or micro SD root folder? I need that answer, I can't make it run in any way I placed it.

sd/apps/firmware_updater_4.2/boot.dol

make sure the firmwarer_updater.dol is renamed to boot.dol. the firmware updater folder can be called anything as long as you rename the .dol

Thanks, man. That worked =P

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, once again I have to warn people with a Wiikey. I did the Waninkoko update yesterday and:

- all my NTSC games stopped working
- GC (multidisc) played fine

So I restored my NAND with Bootmii and I'm back at 4.0E again. I run 99% of my games with USB loader, but I can't stand having a Wii that can't read certain backups.

Hopefully a solution can be found.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Did you have bootmii in boot2 and a nand backup before hand? If so, you can roll back and see if your disc channel works again...
i do and i did, and i tried - same result. i think i'm just a victim of bad timing here...i'll try a lens cleaner, and if that fails, i'll try my hand at swapping the drive, as theres probably no guarantee of getting the same console back if i send it to nintendo for repair.

thanks for the assist!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to say this worked perfectly for me - took ages though.

Last night I was on 4.1, I nstalled the latest Hackmii (and updated HBC and Bootmii - I don't use DVDx) and then ran Wanin's updater and waited ... and waited and waited.

When it finished (no errors at all) everything was all still working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work