Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

starrmann

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Well, once again I have to warn people with a Wiikey. I did the Waninkoko update yesterday and:

- all my NTSC games stopped working
- GC (multidisc) played fine

So I restored my NAND with Bootmii and I'm back at 4.0E again. I run 99% of my games with USB loader, but I can't stand having a Wii that can't read certain backups.

Hopefully a solution can be found.

could you please tell me how you restored your NAND and what files are in a NAND back up

I have 4.2e w/wiikey V2 and have hbc installed with bootmii i also have a NAND.bin file that i dumped some time back, I went into bootmii to restore it but got a warning msg and had to press any key to exit or A,B,Y,X to proceed. did you get this???

did not want to take the chance and exited.

is the NAND.bin the only file i need and should it be on the root of the SD card?

Thanks

Dr_Hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another problem
frown.gif

after i install bootmii editor via HB browse

all my apps stopt working : ( ( i cant find anything in the HBC ,, But the chennel work great )

when i pulg the sd card to my pc .. its all in there

help ?

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr_Hack said:
another problem
frown.gif

all my apps stopt working : ( ( i cant find anything in the HBC ,, But the chennel work great )

help ?

Have you tried restarting? On my first run after installing, the only thing that showed up in HBC was the HomeBrew Browser. I restarted, and everything showed up. Odd..

(Edit: I think they removed the 'Reload' option from the HBC menu, and I didn't have the best experience removing and re-inserting my SDHC card.)

samuelfy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My Wii update from 3.2J to 41.U with WiiKey, now use the Waninkoko Firmware update 4.2 to update the 4.1U to 4.2U, eventhing is working good, only the disc channel not working, when i use Gecko to load the game from disc, it's working, any one know how to fix the disc channel issue? thank a lot.

Dr_Hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ClockWorK said:
Dr_Hack said:
another problem
frown.gif

help ?

Have you tried restarting? On my first run after installing, the only thing that showed up in HBC was the HomeBrew Browser. I restarted, and everything showed up. Odd..

(Edit: I think they removed the 'Reload' option from the HBC menu, and I didn't have the best experience removing and re-inserting my SDHC card.)

yes .. you absolutely right ..

but how do i get this off
frown.gif

any ideas ?

hawk36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
samuelfy said:
My Wii update from 3.2J to 41.U with WiiKey, now use the Waninkoko Firmware update 4.2 to update the 4.1U to 4.2U, eventhing is working good, only the disc channel not working, when i use Gecko to load the game from disc, it's working, any one know how to fix the disc channel issue? thank a lot.

you have to flash your dvd drive whit wiikey.1.9s.US . and then use the config for the us version . then it will work . i have don this more than once from jap to pal to us and it works . you will never get it too work if you dont flash the drive .

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wii (with Wiikey fitted) on 3.2E FW, whats the best way to get this up to date?, install Hackmii 0.5 and then waninkoko's firmware updater??

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
hawk36 said:
samuelfy said:

you have to flash your dvd drive whit wiikey.1.9s.US . and then use the config for the us version . then it will work . i have don this more than once from jap to pal to us and it works . you will never get it too work if you dont flash the drive .
Is this really true? I have gone back to 4.0E, so if I flash my drive with wiikey.1.9s.pal.rar and then update with waninkoko's 4.2 installer the disc channel should work again?

pimpkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone getting this?

hpim2331.jpg

tried running it a few times and keep getting that at different times durring the wii speak channel.

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
zektor said:
For a simple online-offline "going from 4.1U to 4.2U" without dealing with the various issues, perhaps you can throw together a guide to use NUSD and download all of the new titles. Here's what I did (must already be on a v4.1U system with cIOS249 already installed):

While still on v4.1U:

1. Run marc's shopping channel update (since you are blocked from downloading the actual channel from NUSD, this is necessary)

2. Run DOP-IOSv8 and download and sig hash patch (trucha) IOS70.

3. Use NUSD and download the following IOSes (latest versions) and pack them into wads:

IOS9
IOS12
IOS13
IOS14
IOS15
IOS17
IOS21
IOS22
IOS28
IOS31
IOS34
IOS33
IOS35
IOS36
IOS37
IOS38
IOS53
IOS55
IOS56
IOS60 (this is a stub, but who knows if Nintendo will check for it to be stubbed in the future) You don't need it in v4.2 anymore anyway.
SystemMenu (make SURE it is for your region. I am USA, so mine is v481)

4. Boot wad manager and install all packed wads you downloaded.

Done!

This will bring you to v4.2 with all of the new updated IOSes, omitting those stubs that break your cIOSes and the crappy boot2 update that overwrites your bootmii. I have tested playing VC from SD and it works fine, all loaders work of course, no upside down HBC, and no issues with "vunerable ios not found" on the hackmii installer. This is because these are pure IOSes without trucha. You do not need trucha on anything but IOS70 (for vc/wiiware sd playing) and your cIOSes handle the rest.

Can we just use the latest dop-ios mod for step 3 instead of packing them into wads?

SuneC

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys

I'm sorry if my question has been asked before but i'm kinda in a hurry, and i would really like to get this done by tonight, so i haven't had the time to read all the pages.

I'm a new user here, but i have been on the wii modding scene for about six months, but i'm kind of rusty so bear with me.

My situation is this: I am helping out a friend mod his wii to be able to use a USB loader. I did this with my own wii on 4.0. His wii is a virgin wii but on 3.4, and with no other option than to install hbc through bannerbomb, i updated it to 4.2 to get the sd menu working. I got hbc running, and wanted to use waninkoko's 4.2 updater to get rid of all the crap the original 4.2 does. when i load the .dol and get to the point where i need to choose what IOS it should be installed to and then press A, i loose the connection to the wiimote. The batteries are fine, but the indication light on the wiimote just keeps blinking when i try to connect it to the wii again. Is this a known problem, and what can i do about it? Also, when i get waninkoko's 4.2 running, can i use the same guide to install all the things i need to, or should they be installed differently? the guide that worked for me is this one: http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html

A fast response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
john1010_ma said:
zektor said:
For a simple online-offline "going from 4.1U to 4.2U" without dealing with the various issues, perhaps you can throw together a guide to use NUSD and download all of the new titles. Here's what I did (must already be on a v4.1U system with cIOS249 already installed):

While still on v4.1U:

1. Run marc's shopping channel update (since you are blocked from downloading the actual channel from NUSD, this is necessary)

3. Use NUSD and download the following IOSes (latest versions) and pack them into wads:

IOS9
IOS12
IOS13
IOS14
IOS15
IOS17
IOS21
IOS22
IOS28
IOS31
IOS34
IOS33
IOS35
IOS36
IOS37
IOS38
IOS53
IOS55
IOS56
IOS60 (this is a stub, but who knows if Nintendo will check for it to be stubbed in the future) You don't need it in v4.2 anymore anyway.

Done!

This will bring you to v4.2 with all of the new updated IOSes, omitting those stubs that break your cIOSes and the crappy boot2 update that overwrites your bootmii. I have tested playing VC from SD and it works fine, all loaders work of course, no upside down HBC, and no issues with "vunerable ios not found" on the hackmii installer. This is because these are pure IOSes without trucha. You do not need trucha on anything but IOS70 (for vc/wiiware sd playing) and your cIOSes handle the rest.

Can we just use the latest dop-ios mod for step 3 instead of packing them into wads?

Yes, the latest Dop-IOS v8 is able to install the most recent versions of all IOS, except IOS60, which is now a stub IOS. I don't think you should install it anyway.
EDIT: I meant Dop-IOS MOD v6, sorry.

Dr_Hack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr_Hack said:
ClockWorK said:
Dr_Hack said:
another problem
frown.gif

help ?

yes .. you absolutely right ..

but how do i get this off
frown.gif

any ideas ?

help
frown.gif

i tried everthing .. i even reinstill HBC and nothing worked
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poliwrath said:
If i just stay on firmware 4.1,
Will I be able to play NSMB Wii, Wii Fit Plus, New Zelda, etc?
(Through a USB loader)

Yes, of course. There is no sane reason whatsoever to update to 4.2.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pimpkin said:
anyone getting this?

hpim2331.jpg

tried running it a few times and keep getting that at different times durring the wii speak channel.

Yep!! Tried 3 different SD cards, and it eventually went through OK after giving -1 at different points in the installation. Just grin and bear my friend is all I can say

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helsionium said:
john1010_ma said:
zektor said:

While still on v4.1U:

IOS9
IOS12
IOS13
IOS14
IOS15
IOS17
IOS21
IOS22
IOS28
IOS31
IOS34
IOS33
IOS35
IOS36
IOS37
IOS38
IOS53
IOS55
IOS56

Done!

Yes, the latest Dop-IOS v8 is able to install the most recent versions of all IOS, except IOS60, which is now a stub IOS. I don't think you should install it anyway.

Yes, v6 Mod can be used instead. It was not available when I posted, and only the standard v8 was...which did not have all of the new IOSes listed. But, I still personally prefer the wad method. It's fast as hell. I updated three Wii consoles today and each one took about five minutes or less. Just as long as it took to install the wads
smile.gif
I actually used DOP-IOS Mod v6, downloaded and trucha/es_identify IOS70, then packed that into a wad using wad creator. Now I have a trucha system menu IOS70 in wad form. Finally, scene group 1-UP released the shopping channel v17 today in wad form, so I stuck that in the mix. My offline upgrade consists purely of simply installing a bunch of wads. Perfect!
smile.gif

climo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Helsionium said:
john1010_ma said:
zektor said:

While still on v4.1U:

IOS9
IOS12
IOS13
IOS14
IOS15
IOS17
IOS21
IOS22
IOS28
IOS31
IOS34
IOS33
IOS35
IOS36
IOS37
IOS38
IOS53
IOS55
IOS56

Done!

Yes, v6 Mod can be used instead. It was not available when I posted, and only the standard v8 was...which did not have all of the new IOSes listed. But, I still personally prefer the wad method. It's fast as hell. I updated three Wii consoles today and each one took about five minutes or less. Just as long as it took to install the wads
smile.gif
I actually used DOP-IOS Mod v6, downloaded and trucha/es_identify IOS70, then packed that into a wad using wad creator. Now I have a trucha system menu IOS70 in wad form. Finally, scene group 1-UP released the shopping channel v17 today in wad form, so I stuck that in the mix. My offline upgrade consists purely of simply installing a bunch of wads. Perfect!
smile.gif

Im still on 4.0U should I update the HBC and Bootmi with hackmii 0.5 before I install marcs shop channel? Then install the clean ios's with dop-ios mod v6? I want to upgrade but do it right the first time. I do have a wiikey 2 installed. Hope it works ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended