Hacking How to block Software update and System Firmware update messages?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
so for the past few years I've been using incognito on my Switch, that is banned anyway. Never got any message to update a game, or that a new firmware update was downloaded.
When updating to 17.0.0, I removed incognito since it caused crashes.
Now I get prompts when I try starting games, that there is a new update available. I can't download it of course, because I am banned, but it still shows.
Also, yesterday, I got the message that a new firmware update was available (17.0.1), and by looking at system settings, it indeed said downloaded and ready to install.
I don't want that. I set up DNS MITM to block Nintendo servers, but the update messages still came. What do I need to block to prevent this from happening in the future?
Despite being banned, it apparently still pulls information on new software and firmware updates.
Thanks.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Once the update nag is loaded, it is stored and doesn't disappear.
Have you tried going into maintenance mode (power & vol+ & vol-, NOT RCM) first to clear all pending nags? In maintenance mode, you don't need to press any buttons because just booting into it deletes the nags.

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, will include those.

Although they should have been included already, since the whole domain "nintendo.net" is blocked already.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For as long as I was using incognito, I never had any software or firmware update nag. Now that the serial is restored, it seems to be able to connect at least partly

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For as long as I was using incognito, I never had any software or firmware update nag. Now that the serial is restored, it seems to be able to connect at least partly

It will nag you since you are not blanking out your serial number, if you use sysnand cfw and boot into stock then back into sysnand cfw it will nag you.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will nag you since you are not blanking out your serial number, if you use sysnand cfw and boot into stock then back into sysnand cfw it will nag you.
With Nintendo servers blocked through dns mitm, I could blank the serial again, right? Since it shouldn't crash then due to not being able to connect in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto