OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I used blawar incognito app to clear my switch serial a long time ago,
the prodinfo.bin file is not encrypted, it's a legacy version of the backups made by the firsts versions of incognito,
today I updated to firmware 17 and got the wifi problem where atmosphere crashes because of the missing stuff done with incognito,
I added the /atmosphere/hosts/sysmmc.txt file and it fixed the crashes and wifi works again but I'd like to know how to restore my prodinfo file in case I need to
Can you guys tell how to do that and what's the modern take on this, just keep using the dns blocking with sysmmc.txt ?

Edit: I'm not on emunand, sysnand only
I do have a nand backup from firmware 6.2, if needed I'm not sure how easy I could restore to that and then update to 17 again (would atmosphere 1.6.2 and daybreak work ?)

Thanks

Last edited by r4dius,

dbnaruto1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went through this! I posted on Reddit but nobody helped. I made an account just to share what I figured out!

I also have an old OG switch that I only use SYSNAND on. You can restore using NxNandManager. I had both the NAND backups and prodinfo.bin. I never found a way to use the old prodinfo.bin so this method uses the old NAND backups. My NAND dump was split by partition, not a simple raw, so that what I'll talk about here.

Steps (simplified):
1. Make a full NAND backup of your current switch, just in case!
=== On the Switch:
2. Boot into Hekate
3. Select: Tools > USB Tools
3a. Turn off read-only on the bottom left
4. Select "eMMC RAW GPP" (sysNand)
5. Connect to a PC with NxNandManager running
=== On the PC
6. Select: Options -> Configure Keyset -> Import keys from file -> Open your Prod.keys -> Save
7. Select the PRODINFO partition (aka CAL0 partition) -> Restore from File -> confirm

That's pretty much it. Once I did that, my wifi stopped crashing. Hope this helps you out :)

r4dius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the reply, when you say "Open your Prod.keys" on step 6 do you mean prodinfo ?
You said you used the nand backup but there's no step which uses it, can you confirm if something is missing ?

Waicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks for the reply, when you say "Open your Prod.keys" on step 6 do you mean prodinfo ?
You said you used the nand backup but there's no step which uses it, can you confirm if something is missing ?
I think it means that they had their prodinfo backup so they restored it from that file. In your case you will need to do an extra step and that's extracting your prodinfo from your 6.2 firmware using NxNandManager and then with the same tool restore said prodinfo into your current Switch, all of this making sure of making a backup of your current Switch's state.

r4dius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it means that they had their prodinfo backup so they restored it from that file. In your case you will need to do an extra step and that's extracting your prodinfo from your 6.2 firmware using NxNandManager and then with the same tool restore said prodinfo into your current Switch, all of this making sure of making a backup of your current Switch's state.
Thanks now I got it :), I'll give this a try

Mindhunter123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thanks for your steps @dbnaruto1 , they really helped me out.:yay:

That was quite a goose chase today:
  1. I encountered the WIFI crash after updating to FW 17 (https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2215).
  2. Found out that it has to do with blanking serial/prodinfo, and vaguely remembered that I used Incognito way back in the day because I didn't really trust just the DNS methods (still don't tbh...).
  3. Found my backup of both my NAND and PRODINFO, but couldn't restore it via the Incognito function in Tinfoil (it only said dirty backup found).
  4. Then I tried NxNandManager, but apparently my key backup was also outdated and somehow didn't have the required keys for the decryption. Other keys of course don't work...
  5. So I looked for Lockpick RCM which is was DMCA'd... but fortunately archives exist.
  6. Finally extracted the current set of keys
  7. Was able to decrypt my files, confirm that PRODINFO on SYSNAND was intact and blanked on EMUMMC
  8. Used your steps to sucessfully restore my PRODINFO.
  9. Still set up exosphere.ini and MITM-DNS, but haven't connected to WiFi yet.:P

Just in case someone stumbles upon this problem.
It's so easy to fall out of the loop if you don't follow the scene for a couple months and then decide to update something and set a whole chain of reaction in motion.
Always reminds me of this scene from Malcom in the Middle:
:rofl:

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh boy..i need help bigtime..

I was in the same boat having blanked my prodinfo long ago with early incognito_rcm payload, never used emunand, fuses burned to 8.01-9.0.1, i have 5.0.1 and 8.0.1 rawnand.bin's and the backup xaw10010000*.prodinfo.bin(32kb), but the backups were made with original 32gb emmc, i have since put a 256gb one in.

Everything was working fine until I updated to 17.0.1 and got the instant crashing, after seeing this thread i tryed to follow @dbnaruto1 and @Mindhunter123 instructions but I somehow screwed something up...now it hangs on switch boot logo and lockpick is saying invalid cal0 magic, when i try to use nxnandmanager on my nand backups it saying bad crypto.. i looked at my prodinfo in hexeditor and it seems valid, nxnandmanager seems to restore the prodinfo to the ums disk but it doesn't fix anything.. could i get some advice?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT2) Wait, did you directly dump the prodinfo? You need to dump it decrypted, maybe, because your copy is old, and fw17 uses new keys. Unless both your sysmmc and emuemmc have this cal0 problem now...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, prod.keys is from Lockpick RCM (or Picklock RCM, which is still available on GitHub)

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT2) Wait, did you directly dump the prodinfo? You need to dump it decrypted, maybe, because your copy is old, and fw17 uses new keys. Unless both your sysmmc and emuemmc have this cal0 problem now...
thanks for trying to help, i only have sysnand,never used emummc, I have a few fullnand prodinfo and biskey backups from pre 8.0.1, and actually have the 8.0.1 32gb stock sysmmc module, my fuses are 9 burnt-8.0.1.

i think you are right and the mistake i made was flashing a 32kb decrypted prodinfo to the 4mb prodinfo partition with nxnanadmanager.

when i load any old rawnand.bins in nxnandmanager it says its not a valid file but i can open and dycrpt with biskeys in hacdiskmount. i've used hacdiskmount cut the old nands prodinfos out and flash them with hacdiskmount and nxnandmanager and if i load the ums drive with nxnandmanger the device id is there, but boot hangs at switch logo and lockpick says invalid cal0 magic check bis 0 keys.

edit: ok i fixed it using ONLY hacdiskmount cause it seems nxnandmanager wasn't actually writing to the ums device or encrypting/decrypting properly (even though i always ran as admin) i cut up my old 5.0.1 rawnand.bin and restored prodinfo, prodinfof as original encrypted bins, seems to have worked.

Last edited by sith,
Reactions: urherenow

Zayuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi guys,

I used blawar incognito app to clear my switch serial a long time ago,
the prodinfo.bin file is not encrypted, it's a legacy version of the backups made by the firsts versions of incognito,
today I updated to firmware 17 and got the wifi problem where atmosphere crashes because of the missing stuff done with incognito,
I added the /atmosphere/hosts/sysmmc.txt file and it fixed the crashes and wifi works again but I'd like to know how to restore my prodinfo file in case I need to
Can you guys tell how to do that and what's the modern take on this, just keep using the dns blocking with sysmmc.txt ?

Edit: I'm not on emunand, sysnand only
I do have a nand backup from firmware 6.2, if needed I'm not sure how easy I could restore to that and then update to 17 again (would atmosphere 1.6.2 and daybreak work ?)

Thanks

Hey r4dius, you don't happen to know what should I put on sysmcc.txt file to avoid the crash? I'm exactly on the same boat, while I run an exhaustive scan on my disk who got formatted that had my prodinfo.bin backup (yeah.. shit..).

For now i'm not interested on contacting nintendo servers, and I dont think I will in the future, so for me just having the crash avoided and being able to navigate on tinfoil shops would serve me good, but i would like to know the content of the sysmcc.txt file fix you performed before recovering your prodinfo if i may please.

Thanks in advance
Post automatically merged:

Hey r4dius, you don't happen to know what should I put on sysmcc.txt file to avoid the crash? I'm exactly on the same boat, while I run an exhaustive scan on my disk who got formatted that had my prodinfo.bin backup (yeah.. shit..).

For now i'm not interested on contacting nintendo servers, and I dont think I will in the future, so for me just having the crash avoided and being able to navigate on tinfoil shops would serve me good, but i would like to know the content of the sysmcc.txt file fix you performed before recovering your prodinfo if i may please.

Thanks in advance
Wop, nvm, found it. For anybody wondering you can follow https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM#dns-mitm guide and just apply the default.txt hosts for blocking the big N.

Anyways, i'll keep trying to recover my incognito backup from my old disk on the recovery tool just in case..

Last edited by Zayuke,

freehat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you need to acquire the prod.keys using lockpick_rcm. version 1.9.10 worked for me,
  • Upon completion, keys will be saved to /switch/prod.keys and titlekeys to /switch/title.keys on SD
  • then follow directions stated above
  • hope this helps, it worked for me as I was in the same scenario where I wiped my sysnand prodinfo.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump this thread, I found it using google.
I was able to restore my legacy incognito backup using this updated Incognito_RCM:
https://github.com/TTghostsemir/Incognito_RCM

I only have a Mac at the moment so I couldn't use NxNandManager.
Might save some time for the next person who finds it. :)

Last edited by KirovAir,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto