Hacking Switch panic on boot since update - I made things worse!

ThomKnook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I messed up, and I'd greatly appreciate any assistance. Let me try to backtrack and explain what I've done:

Initially, I updated Atmosphere to version 1.6.2, and everything was functioning fine. Then, I decided to update the firmware to version 17.0.1, but encountered a crash on Wi-Fi connect. Following a tutorial, I attempted to disable incognito mode from Tinfoil but couldn't recall the password. I followed more tutorials, replacing SD contents with a HATS pack, which resulted in a panic during boot, I used NxNandManager to mount my eMMC RAW GPP and attempted to delete the files named in panic from the SYSTEM > save folder, but they kept reappearing. Another tutorial suggested using TegraExplorer to perform a system wipe.

Now, I find myself in a situation where I can access RCM and load .bins, but I'm unable to launch sysMMC CFW or stock (I haven't used emuMMC). Unfortunately, I don't have a NAND backup readily available, though there might be one on a HDD at work, which I can't access at the moment.

Could my issue be related to prodinfo? Would it be advisable for me to create a new one using a donor and flash it?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Reactions: Error-1-2435-8325

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Your switch has it own unique keys which are on your nand backup. You should get the drive from work and reflash your backup (which is probably old), You should check how many fuses are blown in hekate. Next put Atmosphere on a freshly formatted micro sd card and boot into that (no need to worry about sig patches at this point). Once booted into Atmosphere load daybreak and flash your sysnand with the correct firmware for the amount of fuses your switch has blown. Once you can boot into Sysnand, make a fresh nand backup an store it somewhere safe in at least 2 places and on gdrive or somewhere like that. Next make an emunand and, boot into that and install the sigpatches which are found on this forum. At that point make yourself a cup of tea and breathe a sigh of relief and don't follow stupid guides you find on random internet sites.

Reactions: ack

ThomKnook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your switch has it own unique keys which are on your nand backup. You should get the drive from work and reflash your backup (which is probably old), You should check how many fuses are blown in hekate. Next put Atmosphere on a freshly formatted micro sd card and boot into that (no need to worry about sig patches at this point). Once booted into Atmosphere load daybreak and flash your sysnand with the correct firmware for the amount of fuses your switch has blown. Once you can boot into Sysnand, make a fresh nand backup an store it somewhere safe in at least 2 places and on gdrive or somewhere like that. Next make an emunand and, boot into that and install the sigpatches which are found on this forum. At that point make yourself a cup of tea and breathe a sigh of relief and don't follow stupid guides you find on random internet sites.i
Your switch has it own unique keys which are on your nand backup. You should get the drive from work and reflash your backup (which is probably old), You should check how many fuses are blown in hekate. Next put Atmosphere on a freshly formatted micro sd card and boot into that (no need to worry about sig patches at this point). Once booted into Atmosphere load daybreak and flash your sysnand with the correct firmware for the amount of fuses your switch has blown. Once you can boot into Sysnand, make a fresh nand backup an store it somewhere safe in at least 2 places and on gdrive or somewhere like that. Next make an emunand and, boot into that and install the sigpatches which are found on this forum. At that point make yourself a cup of tea and breathe a sigh of relief and don't follow stupid guides you find on random internet sites.
Thanks so much but even with a fresh SD I can't get past the switch boot screen after hekati. It may not be possible to retrieve my nand - is there no way of progressing without? I've found an SD card backup from may 23... could there be anything of use on it? It's 23gb in size.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You restore your nand backup with hekate. You don't need to boot into any firmware. Once your nand is restored you can boot into CFW with Atmosphere and update the firmware with daybreak. Then you'll be able to boot in sysnand.

Code:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto