Hardware vWii vs Wii

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't own a Wii anymore for some months already, and now trying out several wii vc snes/n64 games and using snes9xgx i notice that almost all, if not all, games are noticeably choppy, like missing frames, the games aren't smooth at all. I only tried a few and just gave up on them all, it is extremely uncomfortable, nigh unplayable for some...

Do you have the same problem? What is this due to? I think i read something about it before but now i can't find info about it...

Shouldn't the vWii be the same as the Wii in regarding cpu/gpu power or is it a software problem? For me playing the snes/n64 games feels like i'm playing on an emulator inside another emulator suffering from lack of power.

Even playing the Wii game Last Story on the vWii there's many slow downs when there's a few more things on screen to process, dunno if the Wii also suffers from the same but it's as if the vWii is underpowered comparing to the Wii, or not optimized enough to be 100% compatible...

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the emulators run fine for me. Even N64 has no problems in terms of choppiness when compared to the Wii.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah same here everyting play smoother and i haven't got any issues with any game that i played on the vwii
might be because of the infamous pal games running at 50hz thing

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you games stored on a USB hard drive? If so, is it powered only by USB or does it also plug into the wall?

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
weird then ._. I'm in europe with a Wii U pal ofc, running pal versions of the games, but on the Wii i didn't have any choppyness so 50Hz shouldn't be a problem, only on vWii... Even the vc of the old Super Mario 64 is choppy ... on snes emulator, playing yoshi's island for example, the stages side scrolling is clearly not smooth at all.
I'll go check the Wii U and or emulator's settings to see if i can change anything that can help, and also check if the games are running at 50 or 60Hz.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am playing from the sd card. Now i went and downloaded a bunch of new vc games and different roms for the emulator and the choppyness seems to be gone xD i tried some of the old ones and they are indeed not smooth compared to other versions ._. dunno why, but some games do get choppy.So i checked and my Wii U runs natively at 60Hz so does the vWii and even the pal roms on snes9xgx run on 60Hz, i didnt see any option to change refresh rate (update: i did find the refresh rate option meanwhile, kinda hidden in there). The vc games, they actually change the refresh rate to 50Hz, i got a new super mario 64 copy that changes to 50Hz and it does play fine tho i can still see it not 100% smooth as i remembered... can just be my imagination tho...
Have a new problem tho ... just got a cheap classic controller, made in china, which works for the vc games, but it doesn't work on the emulator... only the wiimote works which is useless for most games... Anybody else has problems with the classic controller on snes9xgx?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Whoa, watch out for double posting.

Anyways some users did said the games had a few graphical glitches as well.
But also a few games look better on vWii.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe i was just unlucky with the roms i got initially, there's a lot of modded ones and others don't say if they're pal or whatever, but from the little i tried, the smooth ones i can't say they run better, maybe the same i guess... have to test it further, but so far from what i tried, which wasn't a lot, it's worse than the Wii, on just a quick test of yoshi's island, in the middle of the 1st level, it actually slowed down for a few seconds at a point... Tomorrow i will try other emulators to see.
Hope i can find one where the classic controller works...

Edgard C.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both consoles and the Wii play games nicer than the vWii. I believe this is due to the emulation on the vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D