[vWii] How can I play NTSC Wads (vc and wiiware games) in a PAL console?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by MendLante, Feb 25, 2018.

1. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    Wads in PAL are hard to find. If I try to patch them with FreeTheWads or Show my wads , I get a black screen when I execute them and my wiiremote turn off. I found a guide in reddit but I dont find wwPacker . Any solution without using a loader?
    Thanks and sorry for my english level

2. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    United Kingdom
    ShowMiiWads

you can use the above app to edit wad region to PAL or REGION FREE

3. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    The wad doesnt work (black screen ) if i edit it with freethewads or showmiiwads

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    do you install to NAND, or to SD menu ?
    if it's installed to the SD menu, you need to patch your IOS80 (could be dangerous, but nobody reported a brick using the IOS80 patcher)

5. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    To NAND using YAWMM.

6. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    United Kingdom
    mine are installed to SD with iOS80 patch applied & i used showmiiwads which was bundled with some NTSC wiiware content in a separate folder. games seems to work after region change to PAL or Free Region

7. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    The wads only works if they are native PAL , if I convert NTSC wads to PAL using freethewads or showmiiwads, they dont work.
    The only way is change the video mode to force NTSC in UsbLoaderGX , but I hope there is a way to play from the Wii Menu.

8. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    United Kingdom
    anyway why are you stuck on ntsc wads ? similar pal wads are available if you know where to look

9. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    there are Wads that are imposible to find in PAL for example the most Super Nintendo wads.

10. satel

Nov 3, 2004
    United Kingdom
    out of the 75 snes wads i have 60 are already PAL & the remaining 15 i used showmiiwads to change region & they work.

anyway it's been a long time since i used wads so i may test couple of the ones with region change & report back later.

btw why don't you go with retroarch or snes9x they run perfect on wii u with no limit to the amount of games you can install unlike wads

11. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    Ok , I will use retro arch. Athough I still think why the Ntsc show a black screen in my TV
    Add me in Wii U : ErMendoza
    (this is my nintendo ID)

Note: How can I send Private Messages in this web? Im a noob

Last edited by MendLante, Mar 7, 2018
  12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you need 10 messages to unlock the private message feature. (to prevent spammers sending advertising right after registering)

13. MendLante
    OP

MendLante Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Spain
    Ok, thanks!

14. philx_x

philx_x Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    Switzerland
    I have NTSC wads and a PAL console using USBLoaderGX the wads don't run at correct speed but once I tried Wiiflow they worked perfectly given your TV supports NTSC signal
    unfortunately they're greyscale on my CRT that's when I started fiddling with the settings, in Wiiflow you can set the VideoMode manually to PAL50, PAL60, System Default, Game Default.
    try playing with these settings a little.

As for the CRT i think i rly need to get PAL wads .. but wasn't lucky enough yet to find a Complete Collection like for NTSC.

15. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    BootROM
    Dude use usb loader gx you can even cheat with ocarina