Hacking Homebrew VC Games Black Banner Usb Loader GX

marioluigipeach10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, the title says it all. After extracting NAND using Usb Loader GX's feature function, I installed a couple wads to the emuNAND also using GX's wad installer. (SM64 and Link to the Past)

The games will play, but the banners will not. I only get a black banner screen for all VC games. I even tried using the download missing cover function in hopes of something coming up, which actually helped! But only for the discs and covers.

To be clear, I've checked the NAND folder and it's in the root directory.

SD://nand/title/0000001
SD://nand/ticket/0000001

I also tried reloading the cache via wiiflow as I hear it's a common solution, but nothing changed for me. (Also wiiflow won't show emuNAND VC titles- but that's another issue.)

The 'emuNAND Channel Folder' is on my SD card, as is my VC game.

Yes, it could be the SD card but VC games never had any issues on my Wii. (I'm playing on my vWii)

I was really hoping to find an answer but this issue seems to be really niche.

Thanks!

Reactions: AndreAR

AndreAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hello, the title says it all. After extracting NAND using Usb Loader GX's feature function, I installed a couple wads to the emuNAND also using GX's wad installer. (SM64 and Link to the Past)

The games will play, but the banners will not. I only get a black banner screen for all VC games. I even tried using the download missing cover function in hopes of something coming up, which actually helped! But only for the discs and covers.

To be clear, I've checked the NAND folder and it's in the root directory.

SD://nand/title/0000001
SD://nand/ticket/0000001

I also tried reloading the cache via wiiflow as I hear it's a common solution, but nothing changed for me. (Also wiiflow won't show emuNAND VC titles- but that's another issue.)

The 'emuNAND Channel Folder' is on my SD card, as is my VC game.

Yes, it could be the SD card but VC games never had any issues on my Wii. (I'm playing on my vWii)

I was really hoping to find an answer but this issue seems to be really niche.

Thanks!
I'm having the same exact issue and I'm on vWii too
Post automatically merged:

and If you ask me, I got a solution but it's really annoying to do specially if you have tons of games installed on the emunand, first install the game on the real nand, go to usb loader gx and in the "titles sources" page disable the emunand checkmark and enable the real nand checkmark, then you'll see the banner and you can disable again the real nand and enable emunand channels and there you go, you can delete the game from the real nand.

I hope someone finds a better and easier solution, but it's the only way it worked for me

I think it's something related to the channel banner cache

I think it's something related to the channel banner cache
I was right, I've figured out a better solution, and requires wiiflow, first go to your sd card and go to this directory:

SD://wiiflow/cache/banners
and delete everything from that folder.

Now go to wiiflow and go to the emunand page, click on the titles and play their banners, it should store in that location, now move that files from that location to

SD://apps/usbloader_gx/cache_bnr

and done, you'll see all the banners playing on usb loader gx :D

Last edited by AndreAR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto