Country
United States

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Tiramisu and it gave me the "update folder exist pls delete" warning
That's because you're still loading into cfw. The warning is normal, but you need the update folder to exist in order to download the system files decaffeinator deleted. You also need to not load into Tiramisu, and you need to disable the PayloadLoader from autobooting. Then you can go do the system update, after which point you can re-enable PayloadLoader to autoboot and delete your update folder again.

Just follow the steps in that link for unblocking updates.

lucasfergui

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's because you're still loading into cfw. The warning is normal, but you need the update folder to exist in order to download the system files decaffeinator deleted. You also need to not load into Tiramisu, and you need to disable the PayloadLoader from autobooting. Then you can go do the system update, after which point you can re-enable PayloadLoader to autoboot and delete your update folder again.

Just follow the steps in that link for unblocking updates.
How do I disable autoboot

Last edited by lucasfergui,

luhgarlicbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I Try to update it just says "The console is already updated"
Switch your booting back to the Wii U Menu and then try updating again.

You can do this by:\
1. Booting your Wii U (hold X if you have a default environment set)
2. Select "installer"
3. Press A on "check" > Boot options
4. Switch back to Wii U menu.
5. Go into your Wii U's settings and try updating again.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up on this with my Europe Wii U as I couldn’t at the time use a gamepad as it fails updating and disconnects. This prevents me from updating using the system settings once I blasted everything with decaffeinator without pulling out DRC sim and the headache that is.

I used decaffeinator and DRC Sim back when Nintendo had the update servers offline so vWii would never download. I gave up back then.

Fast forward to recently.
I ended up using an extracted vWii nand over on Archive.org for a U.S. vWii on my Europe console via FTPing it to my console as Aroma was active and allowed FTP access.

All I had to do there was fix permissions via WUP Server using UIDPH Recovery Menu and I could boot vWii again but now in the US region at 60Hz.

I fixed the gamepad problem after this but I don’t feel like using Decaffeinator to build a more legit vWii at this point as I don’t use online services. I would also have to hope switching regions wouldn’t brick me like it did last time I switched regions and why I had tried decaffeinator in the first place.

Btw, if anyone is having gamepad update problems when the gamepad is the same region as the console, you can load up Kiosk Menu while Aroma DRC region-free is active and it will somehow push the update through if you run the updater in Kiosk Menu. Now I can use my gamepad even stock now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto