Hacking I can't unbrick my vwii

YayyLana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've had my wii u for quite some time now. Recently I wanted to play a wii game but the wii menu wouldn't work. Whenever I would switch to the vwii menu or try to play a wii game, the screen would go black and the system would power off. After this it wouldn't boot back up and when I power it up it went back to the wii u menu. At this time I had not hacked my wii u in any way. I tried following Nintendo's guide to get it to work but nothing worked. So I homebrewed it and backed up everything including my NAND just in case. I homebrewed it last month with Tiramisu and tried SDdecaffeinator. I tried light mode and resetted my wii u so I could update. It updated just fine but the light mode didn't worked. However, I believe that it was after this that I could see the safety and health screen of the vwii before the system would turn off. After trying aggressive mode i could stay in the safety and health screen for as long as I want, but once I pressed A to get to the vwii, the system would turn off. Also after retrying to open the vwii again, I would turn off without getting to the health and safety screen. I tried to regenerate setting.txt and do an aggressive mode. Nothing. Regen setting.txt again and nothing. Did another aggressive and then regen setting.txt and same thing happened. I also tried to use NAND restorer but it didn't worked as expected. I then installed Aroma and set up ftpiiu but I don't know what to do with it. This is what the files look like in the root.

Attachments

• 20231005_192311.jpg
    20231005_192311.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26

YayyLana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all I know, you've probably messed something up before hand. You mind telling me what you did before?
Before I hacked my wii u I did nothing. I used a thumb stick USB to store my games. And I also stopped using the wii u for a good time. Maybe a couple of years since I last used it. I would also take it with me a lot to high school way back when to play smash with my friends at school. I don't know if any of these would do this to my vwii. And like I said, I tried multiple legit methods to get it to work again before hacking it. I updated my console, deleted all internet files, booting straight to the vwii, but nothing worked. I then followed guides to hack my wii u with Tiramisu and followed guides to properly use SDdecaffeinator and all. I really hope I'm doing something wrong. I could go into more in depth with the steps I took if that helps.

Carlos1114

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can some tell me how to restore Wii u nand
Post automatically merged:

Can some one tell me how to restore my wiiu nand backup

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that depends what state your wii u is in
Can some tell me how to restore Wii u nand

Can some one tell me how to restore my wiiu nand backup
You should probably open your own thread for that.
What state is your Wii U in and why do you want to restore the backup?

@YayyLana do you have a backup of your vWii when it was in working order? Like when modding the first time and you created a backup with the nanddumper? If so we can restore that using minute.

Also did you try running vWii with no disc in the drive and running completely without SD card in (so that Tiramisu / Aroma doesn't load)?

Carlos1114

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that depends what state your wii u is in

You should probably open your own thread for that.
What state is your Wii U in and why do you want to restore the backup?

@YayyLana do you have a backup of your vWii when it was in working order? Like when modding the first time and you created a backup with the nanddumper? If so we can restore that using minute.

Also did you try running vWii with no disc in the drive and running completely without SD card in (so that Tiramisu / Aroma doesn't load)?

Because I trying to restore my vwii but to do that you need to update which I can't do that it would not let me update only happens when I'm trying to restore my vwii

Carlos1114

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What error are you getting? Try removing the SD card before powering on the Wii U and then try the update again
No is like I have a homebrew app called vwii decaffeinator and I do aggressively mode and when I do that next step is to update but it give me 105-3102 and the reason why I'm restoring because I installed some wad fix wiiflow but all it did is broke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?