Homebrew RELEASE VBA-next for Switch(works 4.1)

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have one question, i dont follow gba emulators for years, but does vba has multiplayer?local or internet? would be possible on the switch?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just tested out the newest update and I loved the UI! I wish all of the other homebrew apps did that and tried to stick to the Horizon UI theme. It's really cool. I wanted to let you guys know about an idea to see implemented if you guys think it's good enough and doesn't take much of your time. Would it be possible to display a cover of the game if available on the unused space to the right of the screen? I'll put a mock picture to hopefully trigger your inspiration :rofl2:

H4ebgZ7.png

A quick way it could be done is by looking for a .png with the same name as the rom. Maybe with an specific size too like the already used by the .nro 256x256 size.

Dg9NeYx.png

Just wanted to share that you. The app is already awesome like it is so there is really no need for this unless you guys like it and are going to have fun implementing it. Thank for all of your work again. I'll go play some TLOZ Minish cap now. :gba:

slovenhjelm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I dont get how the savestates work. After a couple of saves i get an error message telling me that "the game cant be loaded" when i try to load the savestate. The only way i have found to fix it has been deleting and re-installing the emulator.

I also noticed that i have .sav save files in my roms folder even though i didnt save in game and didnt save using the savestate feature. Is opening the menu enough to create a savestate? And if so, how do i load the game without overwriting my save?

Last edited by slovenhjelm,

0x9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just tested out the newest update and I loved the UI! I wish all of the other homebrew apps did that and tried to stick to the Horizon UI theme. It's really cool. I wanted to let you guys know about an idea to see implemented if you guys think it's good enough and doesn't take much of your time. Would it be possible to display a cover of the game if available on the unused space to the right of the screen? I'll put a mock picture to hopefully trigger your inspiration :rofl2:

H4ebgZ7.png

A quick way it could be done is by looking for a .png with the same name as the rom. Maybe with an specific size too like the already used by the .nro 256x256 size.

Dg9NeYx.png

Just wanted to share that you. The app is already awesome like it is so there is really no need for this unless you guys like it and are going to have fun implementing it. Thank for all of your work again. I'll go play some TLOZ Minish cap now. :gba:

I wanted to do that but it'd be a headache. Plus having all rom box covers would make a rather heavy file to handle.

Reactions: JJTapia19

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work on 5.1
I would like to know the same answer does anyone know do all these emulators still work on 510 this SNES pfba etc I know the homebrew menu has been updated but do the emulators still work. Surely some kind soul has updated and tested?

Last edited by Reecey,

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Any chance that you can add a continuous scroll in the menu?

Meaning I would like to be able to hold down instead of pressing it every time. Would save a lot of time when looking through big rom lists

Once again thanks for your work

0x9e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Works on 5.1.0 as @jakibaki have it on his Switch.

Meaning I would like to be able to hold down instead of pressing it every time. Would save a lot of time when looking through big rom lists

Eventually, probably for next update! Cheat support is coming closer thanks to @jakibaki

About docked mode, first of all, UI sizes and positions are made for handled, so of course it won't look well docked (I never tried because I never play docked). But that's something fixable :)

Last edited by 0x9e,

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Press right instead of down

dsdgamer12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of having an option to change the fast forward button back to L/ZL instead of R/ZR? I'm sorry if it seems trivial/nitpicky but having it on ZL just felt way more comfortable to me when constantly holding it down then ZR does.

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to know the same answer does anyone know do all these emulators still work on 510 this SNES pfba etc I know the homebrew menu has been updated but do the emulators still work. Surely some kind soul has updated and tested?
the snes emulator and gameboy advance emulator works on 5.1 but never got pfba working and desume or whatever crashes vba emulator Pokemon emerald/ Mario tennis/golf runs great and nes pocket works well tried it for porting final fantasy vii demake to the gba its pretty interesting u can also load games on the new hbl have to open the game before going into homebrew menu will not load after u`ve entered the homebrew menu though tried it with shaq fu just came out today and xenoblade chronicles 2 also bloodstained curse of the moon plus sleep mode fix works to not sure how stable tho

Last edited by tyler004,
Reactions: Reecey

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have one question, i dont follow gba emulators for years, but does vba has multiplayer?local or internet? would be possible on the switch?

you typically need a few things working in order to allow local multiplayer through wireless. It's just never been done. I know of a certain vba for pc that allows you to play multiplayer on one pc. but not sure about online

Reactions: ShadyGame

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
the snes emulator and gameboy advance emulator works on 5.1 but never got pfba working and desume or whatever crashes vba emulator Pokemon emerald/ Mario tennis/golf runs great and nes pocket works well tried it for porting final fantasy vii demake to the gba its pretty interesting u can also load games on the new hbl have to open the game before going into homebrew menu will not load after u`ve entered the homebrew menu though tried it with shaq fu just came out today and xenoblade chronicles 2 also bloodstained curse of the moon plus sleep mode fix works to not sure how stable tho
I updated yesterday, just went for it and it seems all the emulators worked and pfba worked for me as well not sure whats happening for you did you update too version 1.55? and also a major bonus I found out was the Zelda Fanmade game worked as well but didn't on 502? very strange..

Last edited by Reecey,

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shame it doesn't support .zip files like the Retroarch port being worked on, but the interface and performance are beautiful. Switching between docked and handheld is seamless too

Last edited by Ty_,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I can't be thankful enough. Personally GBA is my childhood and since day one of getting the switch I wish I could play gba games on it. I knew someday we would get some emulators but not this fast and specially not with this level of polish. This is on another level right now thank to the awesome devs. I've been having a blast and have spent many hours playing my childhood favorites again and some I didn't get the chance to play like Metroid Zero Mission. Games look so awesome with the Nearest Fullscreen option and performance is top notch. Audio have some random poping/crackilg noises sometimes but no biggie. Thanks again for your work and I'll be looking forward for future updates! :gba:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo