Hacking Using rxtools but cant upgrade it to the latest due to how low my firmware is

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the console turn on when you don't have an SD card inserted?
no just the blue light im wondering if I chose a bad update file it said it finished then had the rebooting in 10 seconds but then never came on. I just got it 2 days ago so I can still return it luckily. I made sure to use it in pasta mode but it still seemed to have a issue after the update.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no just the blue light im wondering if I chose a bad update file it said it finished then had the rebooting in 10 seconds but then never came on. I just got it 2 days ago so I can still return it luckily. I made sure to use it in pasta mode but it still seemed to have a issue after the update.
You should reflect harder about what went wrong.
Think what did you do step by step, where did it go wrong, etc. So you don't mess up with the next one.
At least feel sorry for the little console that passed away on your malpracticant hands.

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Once you get a new one, follow the plaiect guide to update to 9.2
If you follow it correctly you should be ok

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you get a new one, follow the plaiect guide to update to 9.2
If you follow it correctly you should be ok
do you have a link to it? I just got my new one today I dont want to make the same mistake I did yesterday I also wonder if I could possible keep the old sysnand firmware to avoid bricking

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. The firmware from the other console is useless and will cause a brick.
I understand that I wasnt planning on replacing this firmware with the old sysnand I was just wondering if there was a safer way to upgrade to 9.2 of if it was completely necessary. Do games played on custom firmware actually need to be played on updated custom firmware or can I generally play all ds games on custom firmware without upgrading?

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I understand that I wasnt planning on replacing this firmware with the old sysnand I was just wondering if there was a safer way to upgrade to 9.2 of if it was completely necessary. Do games played on custom firmware actually need to be played on updated custom firmware or can I generally play all ds games on custom firmware without upgrading?
You only need to update the emunand, that is completely safe and seamless.
You don't really need to update the sysnand unless you want to use menuhax or a9lh, this is recommended but not required.

PS: also most games would even work in an old rxtools. But not recommended because of old, bugs, and even possible emunand corruption.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need to update the emunand, that is completely safe and seamless.
You don't really need to update the sysnand unless you want to use menuhax or a9lh, this is recommended but not required.

ok that makes sense I recently had tried to update my emunand software alone but since my sysnand was 6.0.0.11 I believe it would never update the emunand without me having to inject my older version of it back into it. I would basically get freezes after using rxtools

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok that makes sense I recently had tried to update my emunand software alone but since my sysnand was 6.0.0.11 I believe it would never update the emunand without me having to inject my older version of it back into it. I would basically get freezes after using rxtools
Try to follow the guide I posted above.
I would recommend using luma not rxtools.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't imagine what could have gone wrong there.
You are sure you installed the right pack for your model (Old/New 3DS) and region?

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to follow the guide I posted above.
I would recommend using luma not rxtools.
ok ill def look into adding luma instead the only issue I can possibly see with adding luma is having to update to 9.2 im not totally against updating my system to it but that did cause my last system to brick

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't imagine what could have gone wrong there.
You are sure you installed the right pack for your model (Old/New 3DS) and region?
I used the pack recommended by the guide but honestly I have no way of telling. there is a good chance I choose the wrong pack and clarity towards choosing the right one would be appreciated.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ok ill def look into adding luma instead the only issue I can possibly see with adding luma is having to update to 9.2 im not totally against updating my system to it but that did cause my last system to brick

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used the pack recommended by the guide but honestly I have no way of telling. there is a good chance I choose the wrong pack and clarity towards choosing the right one would be appreciated.
If you still have the file post the filename.

D

Deleted-379826

i see so what exactly makes a 3ds new or old. im willing to try it again. So I just need to find the old 3ds files
It nintendos dumb naming there is an older model of the 3ds and a better newer one. Check if the 3D is horrible or not lol(if it tracks your head and stuff) find the file with an o instead of an n

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok im not sure about the linking rules on here but I was directed to a website with a bunch of links to the 9.2 update the wording is kind of confusing on which one I actually need with the info that you have my on my current system could you possibly direct me to the right one. Im not sure if im allowed to post the link i was looking at or not

Assuming your 2DS is american you need old 3ds usa firmware.
Assuming you don't want to brick you should confirm your 2ds is american.

9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip was the one I used

Please. Read my posts!
The moment you notice the effort you put into trying to help somebody avoid bricking was wasted. <facepalm>

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: The moment you notice you are quite dyslexic.

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please. Read my posts!
The moment you notice the effort you put into trying to help somebody avoid bricking was wasted. <facepalm>

I realize that now I shouldve paid more attention to detail. I was also wondering do i need to remake emunand for the new 2ds? I was having a issue with rxtools not going directly into it anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show