Hacking Using rxtools but cant upgrade it to the latest due to how low my firmware is

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think im kinda limited in my options seeing as a bought a new 2ds and I got rxtools to work fine on my current set up and have a few cias but the issue I see myself running into in the future is playing games on later firmwares(im on rx-e 6.0) I realize that means that I am running a version prior to 3.0 since my sysnand is the same. I use the profile hack to access emunand but I feel like I need to update for future references but cant get emunand to update without getting the blackscreen. so can anyone recommend any options I could possibly use that wouldnt require too much overhaul for the system. Or possibly tell me the closest version I can get to the latest that would work for my current rxtool limitations

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have the slot0x25KeyX.bin at the root but I heard I needed a firmware.bin file to which I since added but still have the freezing issue. If i was to upgrade the sysnand what would be the best way to upgrade to 9.2 I wouldnt mind losing the profile hack in order to add menuhax instead.

Would that be the best option? Or would keeping the 6.0 update only cause more issues in the future?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My current sysnand is 6.0 which caused my custom firmware to mirror it im assuming . when I upgrade to 9.2 it should allow me to update my emunand correct?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"6.0.0-11U"? that's probably what your emunand is right now.

being on 9.2 means you'll also be able to use something else other than rxTools (which you should do once you update to 9.2.0-20), like Luma3DS.

Reactions: KapuDaKoopa

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i was reading the guide and since I already have a cia installer all I would need to do would be to add the sysupdate cia right. And i was considering switching since I heard about rxtools being potentially outdated so If i was to switch would it require as many steps as rxtools and emunand took or would be as simple as changing out folders? I havent seen any guides about switching cfws so I was alittle worried about doing it. Sorry for all the questions by the way im just new to all of this information.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can install sysUpdater to sysnand, then it's fine however you do it.

Plailect's guide should tell you how to set up "Luma3DS" when you follow through with it. once you're on 9.2.0-20, you can delete rxTools-related files(usually "rxTools" folder and "rxTools.dat" if they exist).

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im not sure about the linking rules on here but I was directed to a website with a bunch of links to the 9.2 update the wording is kind of confusing on which one I actually need with the info that you have my on my current system could you possibly direct me to the right one. Im not sure if im allowed to post the link i was looking at or not

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you currently have rxTools 2.x you can just boot dev mode with it (so in sysNand), Install the sysUpdater and start the update
You need the updates folder at the root of your card, it should have the 9.2 files

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine says pasta mode instead of dev I only have one issue now that I have all the files. After I injected fbi to sysnand it doesnt seem to show up when I go into pasta mode is there a issue with my current rxtools or did I possibly inject it wrong

edit:
nevermind forgot to put tmd file

Last edited by Justkil,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please don't use rxTools's FBI injection. it uses an older FBI version but also can cause fragmentation in the NAND I believe.

anyway, once you've got sysUpdater installed in sysnand, and you're in dev/pasta mode, you can update to 9.2.0-20 from there.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please don't use rxTools's FBI injection. it uses an older FBI version but also can cause fragmentation in the NAND I believe.

anyway, once you've got sysUpdater installed in sysnand, and you're in dev/pasta mode, you can update to 9.2.0-20 from there.

is there another way to get sysupdater on sysnand? I thought using the fbi inject was the only way...which is actually a problem the inject wont work since I think rxtools already removed the health app from sysnand

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there another way to get sysupdater on sysnand? I thought using the fbi inject was the only way...which is actually a problem the inject wont work since I think rxtools already removed the health app from sysnand
if you read the guide I've linked to a few times, it guides you through injecting into FBI using Decrypt9.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2)

also note H&S will disappear until you use pasta mode or something, since it has a broken signature now.

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have successfully injected FBi you can now Install sysUpdater
It's not that big of a deal if you've done it with rxTools instead of Decrypt9, now that is done, it's done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over