Homebrew Question Using PS1 widescreen cheats in PCSX on RetroarchNow the

dormeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get widescreen cheats in PCSX on Retroarch to work, and not gonna lie I have no idea what I’m doing or even if they work in Retroarch at all. But this is what I’m trying, I found the cheats on some other forum, an example being this one for Wu-Tang as it was laid out in the file I downloaded:

-

Widescreen hack by El_Patas [España]
$SAFEMODE

#Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style [NTSC-U] (SLUS-00929)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Widescreen 16:9
8009BEF0 1333

//Eyefinity
//8009BEF0 0666

-

And after doing some looking I think I found how cheats for the PCSX should be formatted for Retroarch so I altered it to look like this:

-

cheats = 1

cheat0_desc = "Widescreen 16:9"
cheat0_code = "8009BEF0+1333"
cheat0_enable = "true"

-

No the cheat is showing up in the cheat menu and I can toggle it on and off but it’s having no effect on the game. Have I done this wrong? Is it possible at all? If anyone can help me out with this I’d really appreciate it, thanks.

Razzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you ever find out how to convert the cheat?

I managed to get it working for Adrenaline/PSP, but PCSX Rearmed inside RetroArch does not seem my cheat files (SLUS_XXXXX.ini or cheatpops.db).

EDIT:

Actually, I misread, but you got the cheat showing up.

In order for a widescreen cheat to work on a PS1 game, you must enable it as soon as the game boots up.

"Pretentious_Garbage" told me this over Reddit:

Last edited by Razzee,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: That's absolutely massive to me.