Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MainframeF4 said:
So being that we are moving the launcher from 249 to 247 and visa versa, do you guys think this will have any impact on the next iteration of the launcher?

What i mean is that 0.1 was designed on 249 and the same for 0.3 but now we are moving them to work on different IOS's so do you think that the next one will be on a whole new IOS or are we looking at swapping launchers and IOS's again?

I know its probably going to be a while from now until we get the next version but its a thought.
i am pretty sure it will have an impact on a new revision. i think it would have been a petter idea to modify v1 and cios_fix to run on cios_fix as ios247. because the v3 needs a different dip module and it uses ios249 as standard, which is now blocked by the cios_fix with the old dip module. so to get the next version running we had to change the loader to use ios247 again.

an other way to go would be to have the possibility to have 2 installers for the cioses in which you could choose under which ios-number you want to install them. for the loader it self it would be great if you could choose which ios it should use.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screemer said:
MainframeF4 said:
So being that we are moving the launcher from 249 to 247 and visa versa, do you guys think this will have any impact on the next iteration of the launcher?

What i mean is that 0.1 was designed on 249 and the same for 0.3 but now we are moving them to work on different IOS's so do you think that the next one will be on a whole new IOS or are we looking at swapping launchers and IOS's again?

I know its probably going to be a while from now until we get the next version but its a thought.
i am pretty sure it will have an impact on a new revision. i think it would have been a petter idea to modify v1 and cios_fix to run on cios_fix as ios247. because the v3 needs a different dip module and it uses ios249 as standard, which is now blocked by the cios_fix with the old dip module. so to get the next version running we had to change the loader to use ios247 again.

an other way to go would be to have the possibility to have 2 installers for the cioses in which you could choose under which ios-number you want to install them. for the loader it self it would be great if you could choose which ios it should use.

My guide and files do that as far as i can tell - seriously , both work and im asking dvdx to use ios247 and not 249 so (I THINK) that sets the v0.1 loader to run on cios247 - just re-uploading the guide and zip now - should be there in 10

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djtaz said:
Screemer said:
MainframeF4 said:

My guide and files do that as far as i can tell - seriously , both work and im asking dvdx to use ios247 and not 249 so (I THINK) that sets the v0.1 loader to run on cios247 - just re-uploading the guide and zip now - should be there in 10
that sounds good. exactly what i meant.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screemer said:
djtaz said:
Screemer said:
MainframeF4 said:

that sounds good. exactly what i meant.

Well its up - the new how to is here : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowTo.html and the files are in the normal spot. The Update 3.3 was confusing people a lot i think.

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the recent upload djtaz.
Have got both loaders running with cios247 for loader v3
Tried earlier to get version 1 working but failed. Will re try with you updated guide.
One quick question Im on a pal wii 3.2e with starfal. Should I use your 3.3 update?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well im on a 3.3E system as well and i used it - i dont have starfall so i cant say anything about that , but if you do let us know so we can tell others.

By the way the 3.3 update isnt mine - Tona did that - none of the files are mine bar the HOW TO as i just gathered them from the different sources as i went along.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So i tried to get everything up and running with 0.1 and it still hangs after launching a game. After checking all of my IOS's, Double checking that DVDx is using the right IOS and installing the missing CIOS Fix i have come to the conclusion that maybe uninstalling everything and starting fresh may help out.

If anyone else knows something i might have left out i will give it a shot. I will not be defeated by the Wii
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@djtaz

I don't have a modchip, but i can run Okami with the Wiigator 0.1 loader(hooktype to GC or mod by ppc_gba). Look here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113648
Could you please test if your 0.1 loader really uses ios247, delete ios247 and run the loader? I think if you install DVDx with advanced install, it also does a normal install. If you delete ios247 and ios249 there's something left from dvdx seen in AnyTitleDeleter.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@djtaz

I don't have a modchip, but i can run Okami with the Wiigator 0.1 loader(hooktype to GC or mod by ppc_gba). Look here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113648
Could you please test if your 0.1 loader really uses ios247, delete ios247 and run the loader? I think if you install DVDx with advanced install, it also does a normal install. If you delete ios247 and ios249 there's something left from dvdx seen in AnyTitleDeleter.

ok i deleted ios 249 and neither one of them worked - so you could be right about them both running on 249 for me. Ill try to delete 247 now and see what happens

The loader i have has the hook type disabled on it
frown.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK - my mistake - the game i was trying to load works on my modded wii but not on the unmodded ones so it would fail either way

I tried a different game with IOS249 removed and now it plays on v0.1 and wont play on v0.3

I only have cIOS247 installed on the system at the moment and it works fine with the loader 1

*edit* tested again and it loads fine again - just to be sure .... so anyway with the guide i have in my HOWTO ...

v0.1 using DVDxon cIOS247 works with cIOS249 uninstalled.
v0.3 does not work with cIOS249 removed.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
if i want to return my wii to original state and remove all cios what must i delete with any title deleter, i've installed waki's ciso fix and wigators ciso installer. and most recently the files in your original zip
wacko.gif

i wanna use the guide from fresh
rolleyes.gif

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uninstalled dvdx, 249 and 247 cios, did it all again with the new files and guide, tried to load Family Ski (Wii Ski) that doesn't work on the 0.3 loader and...it code dumps on 0.1 loader.dol...

EDIT: ok erm...with this setup, the 0.1 launcher loads super mario galaxy 1:1 (with very fast loading times too) so I'm sure it's not really using 0.1 loader or cios - just its interface.

Reverted to WiiPower/nicasa setup (cios_fix in 249 and gator's cios in 247) and 0.1 loader is back to its former glory (and sluggish loading times) so Family Ski is going again...

That's what I think happens with your procedure taz:

Cios installer -> You install Wiigator's cios to pos 249
Install a 0.3 channel like wiishizzza -> it's gonna load pos 249's cios
X. Wiigaotrs ios247 installer -> install Wiigator's cios (the one that came out with 0.3, that you can download from wi-fi and we have in 00001 folder in the zip)
Install dvdx with advanced 247 -> don't know what it does, maybe it just enables dvd reading for the 0.1 channels
load 0.1.dol or a 0.1 channel -> it's gonna load dvdx enabled cios, so the one in pos 247, but it's the 0.3 cios again.

What we need is a mod for cios_fix.wad that uses 247 instead that 249...can anybody post the sources for that?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@djtaz
With ios249 removed, did you try a ios247 0.3 loader (first page last post)? Does any game not working with 0.3 work for you with the 0.1 loader? If you have too much time, could you follow my instructions and test Okami again, i'm curios if it makes a difference.

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys.just wanted to add some info that worked for me..using files from djtaz sig(thanks djtaz)..
uninstalled dvdx,
then uninstalled ios 249 + ios 247 with any title deleter,
and uninstalled b.u.l. channels with wadmanager.
then i installed cios_fix wad,
then installed dvdx to ios249,
then installed Loader_Channel0.1.wad.
rebooted wii, tested 0.1 loader channel and booted patched quantum of solace pal, and it worked.
then i went on to install ios 247,
then installed WiiGeeLoaderios247-2channelsatonce.wad,
rebooted and tested 0.3 loader with 1:1 monopoly pal, and that game worked.
tested 0.1 with q.o.s. again and worked..both loaders working together..thanks again guys.
gbasp.gif

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EDIT: ok erm...with this setup, the 0.1 launcher loads super mario galaxy 1:1 (with very fast loading times too) so I'm sure it's not really using 0.1 loader or cios - just its interface

same thing happened to me, wii ski patched i get the "exception(DSI)occurred" then tried an unpatched copy and got the eject game and power off screen, so i tried an unpatched copy of fifa 09 and it booted fine all with the .01 loader.
blink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@djtaz
With ios249 removed, did you try a ios247 0.3 loader (first page last post)? Does any game not working with 0.3 work for you with the 0.1 loader? If you have too much time, could you follow my instructions and test Okami again, i'm curios if it makes a difference.

ok i uninstalled ios249 again and tried the ios247 0.3 loader and that works fine for loading
I tried the normal 0.3 loader and i get the garbled screen of text
i tried version 0.1 loader and it works fine

I tested okami on version 3 loader with all different settings - failed every time

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
blueyuk you're a f@@kin hero mate
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
, tried it your way and both loaders are working fine i tested .01 with patched wii ski and .03 with a 1:1 fifa 09,

thanx again
bow.gif

QUOTE said:
hi guys.just wanted to add some info that worked for me..using files from djtaz sig(thanks djtaz)..
uninstalled dvdx,
then uninstalled ios 249 + ios 247 with any title deleter,
and uninstalled b.u.l. channels with wadmanager.
then i installed cios_fix wad,
then installed dvdx to ios249,
then installed Loader_Channel0.1.wad.
rebooted wii, tested 0.1 loader channel and booted patched quantum of solace pal, and it worked.
then i went on to install ios 247,
then installed WiiGeeLoaderios247-2channelsatonce.wad,
rebooted and tested 0.3 loader with 1:1 monopoly pal, and that game worked.
tested 0.1 with q.o.s. again and worked..both loaders working together..thanks again guys.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I confirm - after using (just downloaded) djtaz's archive 0.3 works Ok, but 0.1 just dumps core.

Installed just according to the procedure (dvdx uninstall, anytitledeleter 249, then from the archive cios 249, 0.3 loader, cios 247, dvdx on 247, 0.1 loader).

0.1 dumps core (family ski) or just hangs (boom blox).
0.3 works Ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...