djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blueyuk said:
hi guys.just wanted to add some info that worked for me..using files from djtaz sig(thanks djtaz)..
uninstalled dvdx,
then uninstalled ios 249 + ios 247 with any title deleter,
and uninstalled b.u.l. channels with wadmanager.
then i installed cios_fix wad,
then installed dvdx to ios249,
then installed Loader_Channel0.1.wad.
rebooted wii, tested 0.1 loader channel and booted patched quantum of solace pal, and it worked.
then i went on to install ios 247,
then installed WiiGeeLoaderios247-2channelsatonce.wad,
rebooted and tested 0.3 loader with 1:1 monopoly pal, and that game worked.
tested 0.1 with q.o.s. again and worked..both loaders working together..thanks again guys.
gbasp.gif

Ill add that to the HOWTO if you dont mind ? For people having issues they could try this way - i followed my own instructions and it worked fine for me step by step on a totally fresh machine , but maybe those with things installed beforehand have issues ?

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
blueyuk you're a f@@kin hero mate
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
, tried it your way and both loaders are working fine i tested .01 with patched wii ski and .03 with a 1:1 fifa 09,

thanx again
bow.gif

QUOTE said:
hi guys.just wanted to add some info that worked for me..using files from djtaz sig(thanks djtaz)..
uninstalled dvdx,
rebooted wii, tested 0.1 loader channel and booted patched quantum of solace pal, and it worked.
tested 0.1 with q.o.s. again and worked..both loaders working together..thanks again guys.

your welcome mate..btw..fellow bluenose here 2..

blueyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
blueyuk said:
uninstalled dvdx,
gbasp.gif

Ill add that to the HOWTO if you dont mind ? For people having issues they could try this way - i followed my own instructions and it worked fine for me step by step on a totally fresh machine , but maybe those with things installed beforehand have issues ?

how can i mind if you add it..of course you can, just glad i could be of help..im pretty new to the wii scene,ive learnt all i have from gba..thanks everyone
bow.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but now we are at the point again where v1 uses ios249 and v3 uses ios247.

i think contrariwise would be better. lets say in my eyes it's more future proof. if the next version needs a new cios version and neither the installer of the cios nor the backup loader gives you the option to choose the ios number you had to make changes and recompile again.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well the fresh install that i did has :

V0.1 ---> dvdx ---> ios247
V0.3 ---> ### ---> ios249

which is the way to go in my opinion - and it works perfectly like that.
I also had no need for Cios_fix or any of that stuff.
I followed the new guide exactly on a fresh install and it installed as above (thats my own guide , but i followed it as if it wasnt mine)

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of u guys having problems loading game on emulators afther doing thiss?

i tried snesx9 and others and i cant get it to read the ms. error loading ms .

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Screemer

Does anybody read my first post? I would prefer ios247 for 0.3 and ios248 for 0.1, if the ios-position for the 0.1 cios was chooseable. This way 0.1, 0.3 and a future version could easily coexist. I don't believe the 247 for 0.1 and 249 for 0.3 really works. Please proof that i'm wrong: Get Disaster: Day of Crisis stage 8 working, this seems only to work with Waninkoko's loader. Okami, too, seems to dislike this setup, but i'm not 100% sure.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe djtaz could try that. could you send him a save file for disaster? i claims that v1 and v3 is working on his console at the same time. it would be easy to change wanins source to use io247 like the modified gator v1 he uses do. so he could try it.

as soon as you are able to install a cios v5 under ios247 and have a ios247 version of both loaders (v1 by wiigator and waninkoko) those should work simultaneously. if those are working, there is no problem using a standard installation for v3 and future updates. a modified cios_fix by ppc_gba for ios247 would be the best choice i think.

sadly i can't help with this, because a have a modchip installed and my pal wii is at my girlfriends parents house.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
I might be being a dumbass here so I'll slip into my flame-proof pants...

Does this setup use 247 for 0.1 and 249 for 0.3 or what?
The title of the thread is "Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3, So you can still use 249 for 0.1" which suggests it's the other way round but the things in dttaz's sig suggest to me that it uses 247 for 0.1.....

I followed the installation and I can't get 0.1 to boot any of my patched backups. After I click Launch Game it sits there spinning the disc forever. Are you sure the 247 installer is installing the old cios that came with 0.1 but as 247?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to uninstall dvdx? I'm having troubles getting just 0.3 to work as I can't get the first cIOS to load, it fails at the end, even with the 000 on the file. So i wanna uninstall dvdx before i delve deeper.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@fishears

Yep, djtaz is using another setup than me. Try again with my setup as described in the first post.

Thanks for that - I can make those changes to my copy of the 0.3 source. I would have preferred to get 0.1 on 247 though just because it's not in production therefore it won't ever need to be changed again... Seems unlikely though.. I changed the original cIOS installer from Wiigator 0.1 to use 247 but it fails on download and doesn't want to pick up files from SD...

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok after hours of trying different things and a whole lot of trips to the Wiis power button to reset i finally need some advice.
My problem is that i did a fresh new install of all of my loaders after running into many problems of getting 247 to work.

So what i did was start by installing IOS249 for V.3 and chose WiiShizzzas loader. ( I tested it and it works with all of my v.3 supported games)

Now heres where it gets fun. I try to install 247 using the IOSinstaller found in Taz's zip and right after it says "Downloading IOS36 Metatable From SD and initializing network" it will give me a code dump.

So far what i have done is made sure Wifi was on and it is.
Tried uninstalling 249 and trying it with no luck.
Check anytitledeleter to make sure it wasnt already on there and its not.
Also made sure that my version was 3.3U which it is.

So at this point i am lost. Everything looks like its all set to work but it seems the 247 installer is putting things on hold.

Any suggestions from someone who has had this prob
Thanks in advance

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozz465 said:

anyone have this prob?? or am i the only one?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ozz465 said:
Ozz465 said:

anyone have this prob?? or am i the only one?
the topic is : Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3, So you can still use 249 for 0.1

start a new topic

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Ozz465 and djtaz

I'm not 100% sure where this issue belongs to. I need more information, 3.3V2 yes/no, which ioses, what's "ms"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently