Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

Osi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally managed to make the both loaders work on my wii pal 3.2E (eventhough i made the 3.3 safe update).
I've tryed many ways, but the only one which worked for me was:
1) Anytitle deleter to delete iso247 et 249.
2) launch DvdX from homebrew channel and uninstall it.
3)Reboot wii
4)launch wad manager, then install CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad (the one that came with waninkoko leaded loader, but i don't think it is necessary, cios_fix should be enough, but i won't try, now that it works
tongue.gif
) and after that, the cios_fix from ppc_gba(not sure of his name, forgive me).
5)Launch DvdX and advanced install => ios249
6)Tried a game that doesn't work with wiigator0.3, like Okami, with waninkoko and wiigator v0.1 to ensure it's ok (and it was).
7)Launch the cios_247 from the first page of this topic ( http://rapidshare.com/files/159369328/Wiig...0.3_ios_247.rar ) thanks to nicksasa.
8)Tried a game (mario kart wii pal) with the dol from above link ( I replaced the boot.dol from the wiigator 0.3 with this one).

And it's working, I can play Okami and M&S at olympic games from loader v0.1 and other games with 0.3.
A big thank for all whom made the effort to make things work !

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get this working using Wiigee's method..ie loader 1 on 249 as original and loader 3 on 247 but when I tried the other way round...ie loader 1 on 247 and the loader 3 on 249... I could only get loader 3 working. I followed Ditaz's instructions exactly and downloaded all his files, deleted everything and started fresh but loader 1 would never work ... just hang on configuration page. Any ideas please?

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patryc said:
I managed to get this working using Wiigee's method..ie loader 1 on 249 as original and loader 3 on 247 but when I tried the other way round...ie loader 1 on 247 and the loader 3 on 249... I could only get loader 3 working. I followed Ditaz's instructions exactly and downloaded all his files, deleted everything and started fresh but loader 1 would never work ... just hang on configuration page. Any ideas please?
same here , sorry double post.

jfjfjf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ozz465 said:
anyone got a link to this?

cios_fix from ppc_gba

Instead, get cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad ; it's based on Rev6 (works with backup launcher 0.3), cios_fix is Rev5 (backup launcher 0.1).
See my sig for download link.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Got another link?
Keep getting this message: The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Ok, i see some people are still confused, so i will try to explain purpose of the whole IOS247 thing. First of all, at this time there are 2 different kinds of loaders around, i will call these 0.1 and 0.3 loaders, which are incompatible to each other. In order to work, a loader uses a special part of Wii firmware called cIOS (custom IOS). All loaders have a hardcoded position where they expect their cIOS in the Wii memory. All official loaders expect their cIOS as IOS249. The result of this is: If you want to use the leaked loader from Waninkoko you need his cIOS to be IOS249 and if you want to use WiiGator's 0.3 loader you need WiiGator's cIOS to be IOS249. Obviously you can't install both cIOS as IOS249, only one cIOS can be IOS249 at the same time.

Since the sources for WiiGator's 0.3 loader and cIOS are available, everybody was able to change the position of the cIOS for these. Then i made the purpose to use position 247 for the 0.3 loader, so everybody is able to use position 249 for whatever he wants.

0.1 loaders are:
Waninkoko's leaked loader
WiiGator's 0.1 loader

0.1 cIOS are*:
cIOS36 rev5
cios_fix by ppc_gba

0.3 loaders are:
WiiGator's 0.3 loader

0.3 cIOS are:
the cIOS which came with the 0.3 loader
read retry fix cios

[there may be some more]
*All 0.1 cIOS need DVDx installed to it(advanced install) if you want to use them for a backup launcher

Let's say you want to use Waninkoko's leaked loader. Then you need a 0.1 cIOS(i highly recommend cios_fix). I don't think there are modded versions around, so after installation the position of the cIOS would be 249. DVDx has also to be installed to this IOS(and really ONLY this). Now you can use the leaked loader, because it expects his cIOS at position 249.
If you want to use the 0.3 loader at the same time, it must not use the same postion as the other loader! Neither the cIOS nor the loader! A "IOS247-Installer" will install the 0.3 cIOS at postion 247 and a "IOS247-loader" will expect his cIOS at postion 247, too.

If anybody still has problems try this:
1. uninstall DVDx, if DVDx lets you do it
2. uninstall IOS247 and IOS249 if they exist
3. install cios_fix (this will install to position 249 automatically)
4. install DVDx to IOS249
5. install "IOS247"
6. Get a standard 0.1 loader(the leaked one for example)
7. Get a modified 0.3 loader which uses the IOS at position 247

done

Before asking where to get these files, search this topic and have a look at djtaz's signature.

PS: I know i repeated myself serveral times in this posting and my english is very bad.

Finaly its working when i did just like this! ^^ Thank you very much!

So everythings okay so far, only one last problem...When i install the 0.1 Loader as wad it hangs on green screen...Any idea? Thanks anyway it works when i do it over homebrewchannel....would just be nice to have both as channel...

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I GIve up , i followed the guide included with djtaz's WiiBackupv0.3b.zip file and the 0.1 loader still hangs when i push load game .

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jfjfjf said:
Ozz465 said:

cios_fix from ppc_gba

Instead, get cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad ; it's based on Rev6 (works with backup launcher 0.3), cios_fix is Rev5 (backup launcher 0.1).
cios_fix by ppc_gba is for wiigators first release, so called wiigator v1. to get v1 working you should use this and dvdx (required for v1).

cios read retry fix (cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad) is for v3 and doesn't work with v1, because it uses a different dip-module.

you can get cios_fix.wad in djtaz backuploader v1 package: http://www.iol.ie/~taz/Wii_ISO_Loader.zip. it's in the folder "Put onto the SD Card\wad".

Pii Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question? I have everything up and running thanks to Mr. dj's dirctions and wounder if I have to leave my sd card in or can I take it out. If I take it out will it mess everything up? Thanks for the answers.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did it too, but I used 249 for the 0.1 with cios_fix and the .dol loader and 247 for 0.3 with Wiigator_ios247_installer and WiiGee's loader (is there a version with the 2 blue&white discs banner and music?)...

djtaz's procedure didn't work for me, I think the problem is that you never actually install a 0.1 cios: cios_installer installs the 0.3 cios in 249 and Wiigator_ios247_installer installs it again in 247...

Just my opinion, can anybody confirm or correct this?

Anyway, thanks everyone for your work!!!

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
jfjfjf said:
Ozz465 said:

cios_fix from ppc_gba

cios_fix by ppc_gba is for wiigators first release, so called wiigator v1. to get v1 working you should use this and dvdx (required for v1).

cios read retry fix (cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad) is for v3 and doesn't work with v1, because it uses a different dip-module.

you can get cios_fix.wad in djtaz backuploader v1 package: http://www.iol.ie/~taz/Wii_ISO_Loader.zip. it's in the folder "Put onto the SD Card\wad".
thx finally worked
smile.gif

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone add the Read rety error fix to this Cios? That way it will be better(sorry im no good on using DevKitPro) Thanks in advance

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shadowluigi323 said:
Can someone add the Read rety error fix to this Cios? That way it will be better(sorry im no good on using DevKitPro) Thanks in advance
I think you have a very loose concept of programming.

It's all just C and devkitPPC+libogc tell it how to compile the project.
You open up Gedit or Notepad or whatever and start typing, that's what starts a program.

You cannot just add something. In fact, just adding the Read Retry Fix to the cIOS would be impossible.
For two reasons, as stated above, you cannot just unpack, add something, and repack a wad. And also, the Read Retry cIOS doesn't have source.

If you wanted a WAD of Read Retry, install it yourself, use Waninkoko's Wii Filesystem Dumper (not NAND, the unencrypted filesystem dumper), navigate to the folder and make a wad out of it.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but it would be great to have wanins latest cios with the rr-fix, just because i think it has a higher compatibility with other cios based homebrew. as far as i know gators cios doesn't have all the patches implemented that wanins has.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless i misunderstood.... wiigator and waninkoko were actually working together on the latest launcher, and if i recall correctly i seem to remember the statement being made that the ios's where the same. the read retry being the only difference.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kanoeyes said:
http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiBackupv0.3b.zip

i´m trying to use this cios 257 but i get every time erro ,can someone give me one offline installer version please, i have the nintendo hi-fi connector and the other programs work just fine and this is the only one don´t work

What exactly are you trying to do ?
There is no iso 257.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.