djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ok, i see some people are still confused, so i will try to explain purpose of the whole IOS247 thing. First of all, at this time there are 2 different kinds of loaders around, i will call these 0.1 and 0.3 loaders, which are incompatible to each other. In order to work, a loader uses a special part of Wii firmware called cIOS (custom IOS). All loaders have a hardcoded position where they expect their cIOS in the Wii memory. All official loaders expect their cIOS as IOS249. The result of this is: If you want to use the leaked loader from Waninkoko you need his cIOS to be IOS249 and if you want to use WiiGator's 0.3 loader you need WiiGator's cIOS to be IOS249. Obviously you can't install both cIOS as IOS249, only one cIOS can be IOS249 at the same time.

Since the sources for WiiGator's 0.3 loader and cIOS are available, everybody was able to change the position of the cIOS for these. Then i made the purpose to use position 247 for the 0.3 loader, so everybody is able to use position 249 for whatever he wants.

0.1 loaders are:
Waninkoko's leaked loader
WiiGator's 0.1 loader

0.1 cIOS are*:
cIOS36 rev5
cios_fix by ppc_gba

0.3 loaders are:
WiiGator's 0.3 loader

0.3 cIOS are:
the cIOS which came with the 0.3 loader
read retry fix cios

[there may be some more]
*All 0.1 cIOS need DVDx installed to it(advanced install) if you want to use them for a backup launcher

Let's say you want to use Waninkoko's leaked loader. Then you need a 0.1 cIOS(i highly recommend cios_fix). I don't think there are modded versions around, so after installation the position of the cIOS would be 249. DVDx has also to be installed to this IOS(and really ONLY this). Now you can use the leaked loader, because it expects his cIOS at position 249.
If you want to use the 0.3 loader at the same time, it must not use the same postion as the other loader! Neither the cIOS nor the loader! A "IOS247-Installer" will install the 0.3 cIOS at postion 247 and a "IOS247-loader" will expect his cIOS at postion 247, too.

If anybody still has problems try this:
1. uninstall DVDx, if DVDx lets you do it
2. uninstall IOS247 and IOS249 if they exist
3. install cios_fix (this will install to position 249 automatically)
4. install DVDx to IOS249
5. install "IOS247"
6. Get a standard 0.1 loader(the leaked one for example)
7. Get a modified 0.3 loader which uses the IOS at position 247

done

Before asking where to get these files, search this topic and have a look at djtaz's signature.

PS: I know i repeated myself serveral times in this posting and my english is very bad.

Couldnt you also install the V0.3 loader as normal and then install cIOS 247 and set DVDx to use cIOS247 for loader 0.1 ?
I would think that would be a little easier ... well the way i did my installs myself anyway.
Ohh great post by the way - it was really needed to explain a few things - thanks

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@djtaz

You could install DVDx to IOS247 for the 0.1 loader, BUT
1. i made the pupose to use IOS248 for 0.1 loaders, if you modify the postion
2. How do you get the required cIOS to be IOS247? I haven't seen any sourcecode for a 0.1 cIOS installer. If there is, please tell me.
3. You could only use WiiGator's 0.1 loader with this IOS(after modifing it). I haven't seen the sources for Waninkoko's loader. If anybody has, please send me a link.

Some games, Disaster: Day of Crisis Stage 8, require Waninkoko's loader.

The general idea was using different IOS positions for incompatible versions of loaders. My SUGGESTIONS are:

IOS249:
standard cIOS for homebrew, or
the "newest" loader, or
a test version, read retry fix for example, or
a loader where the source for cIOS or loader or both is missing(Waninkoko's loader)

IOS248:
0.1 loaders

IOS247:
0.3 loaders

IOS246:
0.4 loaders

IOS245:
0.5 loaders

i think you get it

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@djtaz

You could install DVDx to IOS247 for the 0.1 loader, BUT
1. i made the pupose to use IOS248 for 0.1 loaders, if you modify the postion
2. How do you get the required cIOS to be IOS247? I haven't seen any sourcecode for a 0.1 cIOS installer. If there is, please tell me.
3. You could only use WiiGator's 0.1 loader with this IOS(after modifing it). I haven't seen the sources for Waninkoko's loader. If anybody has, please send me a link.

Some games, Disaster: Day of Crisis Stage 8, require Waninkoko's loader.

The general idea was using different IOS positions for incompatible versions of loaders. My SUGGESTIONS are:

IOS249:
standard cIOS for homebrew, or
the "newest" loader, or
a test version, read retry fix for example, or
a loader where the source for cIOS or loader or both is missing(Waninkoko's loader)

IOS248:
0.1 loaders

IOS247:
0.3 loaders

IOS246:
0.4 loaders

IOS245:
0.5 loaders

i think you get it

My recent zip file has a X. cios installer ios 247 in it
wink.gif
I think i got that one off nicksasa
And when you install DVDx you can select iso247 from that and the loader works - granted i gave away the wii i had that was unmoded so i cant test 100% , but the modded wii seems to play fine with it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cosmo2389 said:
Thanks a bunch guys! Finally got everything working!

Well done and congrats Cosmo - if you did anything that may help others in trouble can you post what you found helpful please ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiigee said:
nicksasa said:
i dont have the time to make a channel if you all want it so badly make your own with injectuwad
btw are there already ntsc,ntsc+vidpatch and the other stuff cause i want to make them

took your advise and used Auto Injectuwad Injector v3 and WiiGator3_Channel2_by_WiiShizzza to create a channel for this ios247 version, also used the BackupLoaderChannel0.2.wad for the old version.

now i have a channel for each and can remove the sd card to stop my kids from accidentally doing something with the homebrew

thanks again WiiPower and to nicksasa for getting me to modify the existing channel wads

Can you share these channels for others to use ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got them through MSN - he is just going to rename them and ill add them to the Zip file - and make a seperate download for everyone as well - rapidshare is a pain sometimes - direct click and download is easier.For now the file is here : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGeeLoader.wad but he is making a change to a few parts and ill re-upload once its done.

Works for me anyway with both channels loading games no problems, though my wii is chipped so im not sure if it works ok for others.

Thanks WiiGee (should have said that)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
wiigee said:
djtaz said:
wiigee said:
nicksasa said:
i dont have the time to make a channel if you all want it so badly make your own with injectuwad
btw are there already ntsc,ntsc+vidpatch and the other stuff cause i want to make them

took your advise and used Auto Injectuwad Injector v3 and WiiGator3_Channel2_by_WiiShizzza to create a channel for this ios247 version, also used the BackupLoaderChannel0.2.wad for the old version.

now i have a channel for each and can remove the sd card to stop my kids from accidentally doing something with the homebrew

thanks again WiiPower and to nicksasa for getting me to modify the existing channel wads

Can you share these channels for others to use ?

i'm totally new to all this malarky, so i wouldnt know how to share the two wads i made.......or djtaz maybe there is a way i can send you the file to upload? pm me if there is

check your PM I've send you my E-mail send it to me and I'll upload it for you if djtaz is busy
grog.gif
never mind , thanks wiigee and thanks djtaz .

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haha - already online
and im getting the updated one as we speak - ill over write the old one once i have the new one.

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGeeLoader.wad Thanks again

Just for those joining - this is the Loader that uses ios247 so if you have V0.3 running on ios247 it will load that
If you have v0.1 running dvdx on ios247 (like me) it will load that one.

Either way you can now have both loaders running at the same time and a channel for both of them.

Thanks WiiGee,WiiPower,WiiShizzza,nicksasa and everyone else who contributed to this.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
wiigee said:
djtaz said:
haha - already online
and im getting the updated one as we speak - ill over write the old one once i have the new one.

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGeeLoader.wad Thanks again

no thanks required , i only injected wiipowers dol into WiiShizzza's wad...they deserve all the credit and thanks

you made the effort to do it , so you deserve the thanks too buddy and thanks to djtaz for the upload help
grog.gif
by the way is this the channel for 0.3 auto boot with nothing enforce or backup launcher 0.1 or any of it that run with ios247 ??

kolobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGator 0.3 and 0.1 both working for me, i installed CIOS Installer and then Dvdx ios 249 and both ok.

WALL-E still code dumps though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0