Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a tip for people that are still having trouble: install the 2 loaders one at a time. start with .3 - install the newcios247 from the sd card. and then use the new dol, test and make sure that it works. then install cios_fix, and then dvdx, and the the dol for loader .1. i uninstalled dvdx, and then used anytitle deleter to uninstall 249 before i did anything. worked great for me.

channel versions of both of these laoders with forcentsc/gc hook would be sweet.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i dont have the time to make a channel if you all want it so badly make your own with injectuwad
btw are there already ntsc,ntsc+vidpatch and the other stuff cause i want to make them

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this mod allow for Waninkoko's leaked loader to work?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just tried it and Waninkoko's leaked loader works just as it once did. Thankfully, stage eight of Disaster loads in this loader so I am planning on saving and trying to play the rest of the game in 0.3.

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
I recommend that anyone using iso 247 instead of 249 iso? than differences are, is more compatible games this iso?
I use backup loader v 0.3 with service installer of Wiigator, co somewhere.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Thor1981

The whole IOS247 thing is about that you are able to use the 0.1 and 0.3 at the same time. If game doesn't work with the 0.3 loader, you are able to start the game with the 0.1 loader. If you don't have a game that doesn't work with the 0.3 loader, just use the official IOS and loader from WiiGator and you are fine. With IOS247 you don't get higher compatibility only the possibility to use different versions.

@bantheradio

Yes, this mod(it isn't a fix!) allows you to use the leaked loader from Waninkoko and the 0.3 loader at the same time. I recommend cios_fix by ppc_gba as IOS249 for the leaked loader. This way i was able to get through stage 8 in Disaster: Day of Crisis. Does anyone know where could be the bug causing this error? Both WiiGator loaders 0.1 and 0.3 get a black screen at the same spot, but Waninkoko's loader using the same cios as WiiGator's 0.1 loader has no problems.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone can make a step by step to install & use this please ?

Considering i installed the first backup loader ( ios 249 dvdX loader 0.1 ) then the wiigator one over the first one ( without uninstalling anything )

I dlike to know if i have to unintall anything or just install over...

Thanks !

chaoshawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey is it possible to make the older launchers use 247 instead. Meaning is it possible to install dvdx on IOS247. The reason is that I'd rather not mess around with wiigators current beta which may cause complications at a later update. If anyone can do this it's greatly appreciated.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tomazzzi said:
Anyone can make a step by step to install & use this please ?
Im uploading a zip with the files and a how to as we speak - to be honest there is nothing to it but so many people have so many different setups at this stage its hard to cover everything so im only putting a basic How To for new installs but it should work for everyone that way - i have pretty much all the files anyone would need from the start of this to get both loaders working (i think.... again if im missing anything can someone let me know)

QUOTE(chaoshawk @ Nov 1 2008, 03:15 PM) Hey is it possible to make the older launchers use 247 instead. Meaning is it possible to install dvdx on IOS247. The reason is that I'd rather not mess around with wiigators current beta which may cause complications at a later update. If anyone can do this it's greatly appreciated.
Yes you can install DVDx using iso247 - i havent uninstalled anything and i get the option to install dvdx with either ios249 or ios247 so for this i choose 247
All required files are in my WiiBackupv03b.zip which should be online by the time i finish this post .... there us a WiiBackupv03b+.zip version as well for people looking to have a web broswer on their system ... that will be online in about an hour.

**edit** Zip file is online (check my sig)

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
did you insert my package with the backup launcher 0.3 IOS47,forcentsc 247,forceNTSC + vipatch, autostart IOS 247

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
@djtaz: Great job, thank you. It's a nice way of archiving everything, although I've already installed everything
wink.gif
I just noticed that your readme file looks weird in every editor for Windows I have... There are symbols in between every character. Maybe a zipping error or sthg like that?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@chaoshawk

It would be possible to make the old loaders use IOS247, but in order to do this, you need the source of the 0.1 loader and the 0.1 cios_installer(i didn't see them anywhere). I made the 0.3 loader use IOS247, because i had both sources i needed. For 0.1 loaders i suggested IOS248 anyways.

You can install DVDx to IOS247, but since it's a 0.3 cIOS, you don't need it.

For every loader you need a cIOS and a loader(in form of a .dol or a channel), and both cIOS and loader have to use the same IOS#.

The IOS247 loader and cIOS aren't able to interfere with any other cIOS or loader.

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@djtaz: Where's the 3.0b zip file? All I can find is the 3.0 archive, and I have to go to your profile in order to find that.

Edit:
Nevermind, your sig is showing up in my browser now. I'm not sure what was going on before.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
did you insert my package with the backup launcher 0.3 IOS47,forcentsc 247,forceNTSC + vipatch, autostart IOS 247
Yeah i added the cios installer but not the rest - i was pretty tired when i added so i couldnt remember who to thank for that - sorry
Ill add you into the next zip for doing that

harryk said:
@djtaz: Great job, thank you. It's a nice way of archiving everything, although I've already installed everything
wink.gif
I just noticed that your readme file looks weird in every editor for Windows I have... There are symbols in between every character. Maybe a zipping error or sthg like that?
Have you tried Textpad or Word pad ?
Im going to redo the read Me's into a HTML file anyway so links and images work to make life easier so it should resolve that
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(pumkinut @ Nov 1 2008, 05:01 PM)
@djtaz: Where's the 3.0b zip file? All I can find is the 3.0 archive, and I have to go to your profile in order to find that.
Edit:
Nevermind, your sig is showing up in my browser now. I'm not sure what was going on before.
It may have been my fault - had the wrong filename on it at the very start but i corrected that - theres also a +.zip file if someone wants a web browser that they dont have on their wii yet.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1. Go to the Homebrew Channel and look for X. Wiigaotrs ios247 installer and install that
2. Look for DVDx and install that with advanced settings using ios247
3. Go to the Wiigators V01 Boot.dol and you should be able to play games with the version 1 loader now.
4. You can install the channel for loader version 1 from the WAD Manager if required.

Did that over my current setup ( unmoded pal wii with only hombrew channel + loaders 0.1 + 0.3 installed ) , i still get a code dump when running the loader 0.1

Loader 0.3 works fine though.

QUOTEUse IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3, So you can still use 249 for 0.1

I find that weird considering the how to tell us to install IOS247 with dvdx to be able to use 0.1 again ?

So ios 249 or 247 for 0.1 ?

Any help ?

Thanks

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused by the read me in the compiled zip and I need a little assistance please!

I have the CIOS that was required for the v0.1 of the .dol (not channel) loader, and I was wondering what needs to be done so that I can update to be able to use both versions 0.1 and 0.3? You know, like do I need to uninstall the older CIOS and the like.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I know double posting is bad, and I shouldn't do it, but I thought that maybe if I posted this info it may help to figure out what is wrong...

I figured out how to install the new loader (0.3), but then the old loader (0.1) no longer worked. Because I had the old loader installed by the IOS Rev5 WAD, I uninstalled it and DVDx and then reinstalled the old loader (0.1) by the instructions included in the read me. The old loader is still not working and I have no idea why not... Also, after reinstalling the old loader with the new loader already installed the new loader no longer works as well...

The main reason I want both is for maximum compatibility!

So if anyone has any ideas, please share them so that a fix can be worked out! Thanks!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, i see some people are still confused, so i will try to explain purpose of the whole IOS247 thing. First of all, at this time there are 2 different kinds of loaders around, i will call these 0.1 and 0.3 loaders, which are incompatible to each other. In order to work, a loader uses a special part of Wii firmware called cIOS (custom IOS). All loaders have a hardcoded position where they expect their cIOS in the Wii memory. All official loaders expect their cIOS as IOS249. The result of this is: If you want to use the leaked loader from Waninkoko you need his cIOS to be IOS249 and if you want to use WiiGator's 0.3 loader you need WiiGator's cIOS to be IOS249. Obviously you can't install both cIOS as IOS249, only one cIOS can be IOS249 at the same time.

Since the sources for WiiGator's 0.3 loader and cIOS are available, everybody was able to change the position of the cIOS for these. Then i made the purpose to use position 247 for the 0.3 loader, so everybody is able to use position 249 for whatever he wants.

0.1 loaders are:
Waninkoko's leaked loader
WiiGator's 0.1 loader

0.1 cIOS are*:
cIOS36 rev5
cios_fix by ppc_gba

0.3 loaders are:
WiiGator's 0.3 loader

0.3 cIOS are:
the cIOS which came with the 0.3 loader
read retry fix cios

[there may be some more]
*All 0.1 cIOS need DVDx installed to it(advanced install) if you want to use them for a backup launcher

Let's say you want to use Waninkoko's leaked loader. Then you need a 0.1 cIOS(i highly recommend cios_fix). I don't think there are modded versions around, so after installation the position of the cIOS would be 249. DVDx has also to be installed to this IOS(and really ONLY this). Now you can use the leaked loader, because it expects his cIOS at position 249.
If you want to use the 0.3 loader at the same time, it must not use the same postion as the other loader! Neither the cIOS nor the loader! A "IOS247-Installer" will install the 0.3 cIOS at postion 247 and a "IOS247-loader" will expect his cIOS at postion 247, too.

If anybody still has problems try this:
1. uninstall DVDx, if DVDx lets you do it
2. uninstall IOS247 and IOS249 if they exist
3. install cios_fix (this will install to position 249 automatically)
4. install DVDx to IOS249
5. install "IOS247"
6. Get a standard 0.1 loader(the leaked one for example)
7. Get a modified 0.3 loader which uses the IOS at position 247

done

Before asking where to get these files, search this topic and have a look at djtaz's signature.

PS: I know i repeated myself serveral times in this posting and my english is very bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn