djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pii Wii said:
A quick question? I have everything up and running thanks to Mr. dj's dirctions and wounder if I have to leave my sd card in or can I take it out. If I take it out will it mess everything up? Thanks for the answers.

If you installed the channels , you can take the card out - Homebrew wont work but the loader will

QUOTE(kanoeyes @ Nov 4 2008, 04:57 PM) i´m using "X. cios installer ios 247" and this one does not work for me i don´t know why

Do you have wireless on your Wii ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ClaKK said:
I did it too, but I used 249 for the 0.1 with cios_fix and the .dol loader and 247 for 0.3 with Wiigator_ios247_installer and WiiGee's loader (is there a version with the 2 blue&white discs banner and music?)...

djtaz's procedure didn't work for me, I think the problem is that you never actually install a 0.1 cios: cios_installer installs the 0.3 cios in 249 and Wiigator_ios247_installer installs it again in 247...

Just my opinion, can anybody confirm or correct this?

Anyway, thanks everyone for your work!!!

What i have tried to do in the way i installed things is this

cIOS249 ----> beta loader 0.3
cIOS247 -----> DVDx advanced cIOS247 ------> beta loader 0.1

This means i didnt need to modify any of the original files that were out there , and any future updates for beta 3 wont need to be modified before they work since they are running on cIOS249.

I may be wrong in the way i attempted to get people to do it , and i know it may have confused some people , but it worked for me and i think its a simpler way looking forward. Someone can correct me if the way i have suggested is wrong please.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If 0.1 is able to run Sky Crawlers I will jump
cry.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@kanoeyes
I prefer ios247 for 0.3 loaders and ios249,with dvdx, for 0.1 loaders. If your ioses are set like this, i know why it should work. I don't know why djtaz's setup works.

Does the installer not work, or the loader? If the installer does not work, make sure you have the 00000001 folder in the root of you sd card. The cios installer and 0.3 loader uploaded by nicksasa should work together: http://rapidshare.com/files/159369328/Wiig...0.3_ios_247.rar

If you use these 2 apps, you should be able to install and use the 0.1 loader as usual, it shouldn't make a difference for the 0.1 loader if there is a cios at ios247 or not.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djtaz said:

I understood what your purpose was, and wanted to install it that way for the same reason. Anyway, I just couldn't make it work...

I think we need something that installs the 0.1 cios in position 247...while WiiGator_cios247_installer is for the new cios (as it downloads it off the internet) and I don't think DVDx modifies the cios, it just tries to enable DVDs in it.

Maybe you used a different procedure to install 0.1 in 247?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ClaKK said:
djtaz said:

I understood what your purpose was, and wanted to install it that way for the same reason. Anyway, I just couldn't make it work...

I think we need something that installs the 0.1 cios in position 247...while WiiGator_cios247_installer is for the new cios (as it downloads it off the internet) and I don't think DVDx modifies the cios, it just tries to enable DVDs in it.

Maybe you used a different procedure to install 0.1 in 247?

The DVDx in my zip uses the program and an advanced install lets you pick what IOS to use - it worked fine for me using iso247 but i had to uninstall it first and re-install with advanced 247 to get it going - then the loader which calls DVDx is using cIOS247 to run instead of 249 ... again thats my understanding of it and since it worked i didnt question it at the time.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To me the problem with ios247 for 0.1 is just: The 0.1 loaders use ios249 unless they are modded to do anything else. The source for WiiGator 0.1 is available and it's possible to make a version which uses ios247, but the source for Waninkoko's 0.1 loader is not available(as i know). If you want to use Waninkoko's loader, you need a 0.1 cios at ios249.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
To me the problem with ios247 for 0.1 is just: The 0.1 loaders use ios249 unless they are modded to do anything else. The source for WiiGator 0.1 is available and it's possible to make a version which uses ios247, but the source for Waninkoko's 0.1 loader is not available(as i know). If you want to use Waninkoko's loader, you need a 0.1 cios at ios249.

There is already WiiGee's loader that loads any cios in position 247, so that's not the problem...

dj, do you use WiiGee's to load the 0.1 or just the 0.1 loader .dol?

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
hi djtaz
i got a quick question for you, any help would be much appreciated

i followed your guide to get both backup loaders working and installed WiiGeeLoaderios247-2channelsatonce.wad that works fine but when i loaded the Wiigators V01 Boot.dol from the hb channel i get exception(DSI)occurred and a load of numbers,

any ideas what this means??

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I finally ran into my first loader problem after i thought i would never have one.

So i did what DjTaz said in his post from installing 247 down to using the v 0.1 dol but my problem is that when i go to launch a game in the old Wiigator 0.1 launcher, it freezes after i hit "Launch". Does not load up anything.

I went to Anytitledeleter just to make sure all of my IOS's were in place and i have 247,249 and 36 which i believe all were required for loading on the launchers.

Im testing the Star Wars game being that i know it will run on 0.1 and not 0.3.
My 0.3 launcher works just fine still.

Anyone have any ideas on what i may be missing?

Thanks

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MainframeF4 said:
I finally ran into my first loader problem after i thought i would never have one.

So i did what DjTaz said in his post from installing 247 down to using the v 0.1 dol but my problem is that when i go to launch a game in the old Wiigator 0.1 launcher, it freezes after i hit "Launch". Does not load up anything.

I went to Anytitledeleter just to make sure all of my IOS's were in place and i have 247,249 and 36 which i believe all were required for loading on the launchers.

Thanks
same thing happend to me so i reinstalled cios fix and worked , im about 4 hours into star wars tfu.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ozz465 said:
MainframeF4 said:

Thanks
same thing happend to me so i reinstalled cios fix and worked , im about 4 hours into star wars tfu.

Which fix did you use? Also where can i get it being that i dont think i have it any more as a result of getting rid of older files to the earlier loaders.

Thanks for the solution and help.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
it's called cios_fix.wad. its based on wanins cios v5 with a memory mapping fix.

you can find it in djtaz v1 package: http://www.iol.ie/~taz/Wii_ISO_Loader.zip

in the folder "Put onto the SD Card/wad"

Thats exactly what i was looking for. I deleted alot of Taz's old ZIP's to only find myself needing them now.
Thanks for the quick response and link.
You just saved my 0.1 loader
smile.gif

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there u go , same file i used , thats why im loving this forum , people are willing to help.
smile.gif

btw star wars i great

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So being that we are moving the launcher from 249 to 247 and visa versa, do you guys think this will have any impact on the next iteration of the launcher?

What i mean is that 0.1 was designed on 249 and the same for 0.3 but now we are moving them to work on different IOS's so do you think that the next one will be on a whole new IOS or are we looking at swapping launchers and IOS's again?

I know its probably going to be a while from now until we get the next version but its a thought.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol they are all still in my zip
tongue.gif

ok i just got a fresh wii from a friend to do the installers for her and i used my guide myself - i found one or 2 things i needed to move around so i have done that and re-uploaded.
Still the same files but a bit more explained and both launchers worked fine.

Someone said they got Okami working using the files in my zip , but i checked both loaders and it doesnt work on either so i think they were lucky or had a chip.

The new zip should be onlilne now and its got a clearer way of getting things installed (i think) as always - please if you have trouble let me know and ill edit the how to to explain more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv