Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using djtaz's package,
installed cios247
installed cios_fix
installed dvdx -> advanced -> 247

Starting a game in 0.1 gives me a code dump. Suggestions?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having trouble keeping all the 247 business straight

but I think DVDx is sposed to be pointing towards 249 (cios_fix)

because that is used for launcher 0.1, which needed DVDX

thought:
I really need to get my unmodded wii back so I can test stuff like this. :-p

update:

in fact I'm about positive, because if you used cIOS_Fix.wad, that is definitely rev5, which required DVDx, while rev6 (whichever IOS you have it as) does not.

I blame a bunch of you for coming up with really STUPID naming conventions, like cIOS_fix, which sounds a lot like a patch, when actually it IS an improved REV5, and also for the first version of launcher, coming with a cIOS installer named "rev6", but which was practically identical in function/usage/patches to the already released "Rev5", and then, not much later, releasing another, completely different installer, still titled "rev6"...good job....I hope this all gets sorted out soon...cause the confusion it causes is just plain silly.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:

thought:

update:

in fact I'm about positive, because if you used cIOS_Fix.wad, that is definitely rev5, which required DVDx, while rev6 (whichever IOS you have it as) does not.

I blame a bunch of you for coming up with really STUPID naming conventions, like cIOS_fix, which sounds a lot like a patch, when actually it IS an improved REV5, and also for the first version of launcher, coming with a cIOS installer named "rev6", but which was practically identical in function/usage/patches to the already released "Rev5", and then, not much later, releasing another, completely different installer, still titled "rev6"...good job....I hope this all gets sorted out soon...cause the confusion it causes is just plain silly.

You might be onto something because im not using 247 and am still loading both 0.1 and 0.3 on the newer 249 and DVDx for my 0.1 games.

I cannot get the 247 installer to install 247 without a code dump so i needed to find a new way. I knew 249 already worked for my 0.3 supported games and figured i would try DVDx installed to 249 (dont have 247 and no other choice) to bring support to the old 0.1 supported games. I then realized i needed an older loader to load the 0.1 games and to my surprise they load the 0.3 games as well. So now i have a 0.1 and 0.3 system going on 249 only.
Maybe i got lucky or maybe im onto to something but either way i agree with what your saying.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So i can confirm now that the both 0.1 and 0.3 games can play nicely on only 249 instead of having to use 247.

I am playing Deblob after just getting done playing Tiger Woods 09 which are 2 games that can only play on opposite loaders but im getting them to play just fine on 249 by itself with just 1 loader.

So that leaves 247 open for future uses as well as only having the need for one loader channel.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Ozz465 said:
Ozz465 said:
Any of u guys having problems loading game on emulators afther doing thiss?

i tried snesx9 and others and i cant get it to read the ms. error loading ms .
anyone have this prob?? or am i the only one?
the topic is : Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3, So you can still use 249 for 0.1

start a new topic
sorry bout that , its related to this topic so i thought it would ok , ill start a topic .

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MainframeF4 said:
noobwarrior7 said:

thought:

update:

You might be onto something because im not using 247 and am still loading both 0.1 and 0.3 on the newer 249 and DVDx for my 0.1 games.

I cannot get the 247 installer to install 247 without a code dump so i needed to find a new way. I knew 249 already worked for my 0.3 supported games and figured i would try DVDx installed to 249 (dont have 247 and no other choice) to bring support to the old 0.1 supported games. I then realized i needed an older loader to load the 0.1 games and to my surprise they load the 0.3 games as well. So now i have a 0.1 and 0.3 system going on 249 only.
Maybe i got lucky or maybe im onto to something but either way i agree with what your saying.

Hmm may have to try this too!

Nice find
smile.gif

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so me talking about it is probably not help full without details right?

(All of these were found in Taz's sig)

So from scratch (nothing but homebrew on the system) i installed the latest IOS249 with the IOS Installer.
Next i used DVDx to advance install 249.
I also installed the CIOS.Fix Wad (dont know if it did anything)
Finally i installed the Loader Channel 0.1 as my channel of choice.

I load both 0.1 and 0.3 compatible games from the loader channel without having to make any changes.

I tried to test out all the games i knew were either compatible with one loader over the other to see if they would work on the same loader.
Tested MLB Power Pros 2008 and Deblob with no probs and played the newer games that were not supported on 0.1 and they worked fine as well.

I tested Star Wars with mixed results. I had it load once then the next time it hung at the loading screen but i have yet to recive the Remove disk error yet. Maybe its the disk i used.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MainframeF4 said:
Ok so me talking about it is probably not help full without details right?

(All of these were found in Taz's sig)

So from scratch (nothing but homebrew on the system) i installed the latest IOS249 with the IOS Installer.
Next i used DVDx to advance install 249.
I also installed the CIOS.Fix Wad (dont know if it did anything)
Finally i installed the Loader Channel 0.1 as my channel of choice.

I load both 0.1 and 0.3 compatible games from the loader channel without having to make any changes.

I tried to test out all the games i knew were either compatible with one loader over the other to see if they would work on the same loader.
Tested MLB Power Pros 2008 and Deblob with no probs and played the newer games that were not supported on 0.1 and they worked fine as well.

I tested Star Wars with mixed results. I had it load once then the next time it hung at the loading screen but i have yet to recive the Remove disk error yet. Maybe its the disk i used.

one problem:

when you installed cIOS_fix.wad,
you overwrote the newest IOS you installed with the installer
so you are in fact using old rev5 cIOS only right now,
slower loading, needing "patched" discs, etc.

if you have a chip, that would explain why everything works for you with 0.3 launcher (because the launcher will launch original games fine, and if you have a chip, you burnt "unpatched" discs are seen as real.

cIOS_fix.wad
is IOS249

just an old version now.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i tryd another thing... just installed dvdx on ios 249 with waninkoko's cios rev 6 and the 0.1 and 0.3 works fine ... in 0.1 it even loads 1:1 copy's ....

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
one problem:

if you have a chip, that would explain why everything works for you with 0.3 launcher (because the launcher will launch original games fine, and if you have a chip, you burnt "unpatched" discs are seen as real.

cIOS_fix.wad
is IOS249

just an old version now.

The console is not chipped and i see what you mean with the CIOS. I also patch all of the games i burned so that may explain alot.
From what i have noticed the newer games load just fine like any other 0.3 game and the older games like deblob load as they did on 0.1, slow but still working.
So what would you recommend to get games like DeBlob to load faster (if there is anything i can do).
Thanks for the advice.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MainframeF4 said:
QUOTE said:
one problem:

cIOS_fix.wad
is IOS249

just an old version now.

The console is not chipped and i see what you mean with the CIOS. I also patch all of the games i burned so that may explain alot.
From what i have noticed the newer games load just fine like any other 0.3 game and the older games like deblob load as they did on 0.1, slow but still working.
So what would you recommend to get games like DeBlob to load faster (if there is anything i can do).
Thanks for the advice.

someone else is gonna have to help, I don't have any way to use the launchers right now.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
MainframeF4 said:
QUOTE said:
one problem:

cIOS_fix.wad
is IOS249

just an old version now.

Thanks for the advice.

someone else is gonna have to help, I don't have any way to use the launchers right now.

I was thinking about what you said about over writing 249 and i wonder why if that is the case, why i am able to play games that work on 0.3 and not 0.1?
I should try it without the fix installed and see what results i get on the 0.1 games.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think that works...maybe the 2 loaders work, but they both use the new cios, thus it won't load 0.1-only games like Family Ski or Raving Rabbids...

Just try an unpatched game with the 0.1 and see what happens...it shouldn't load it as they were unsupported but it will load.

What we need to do that is a mod for the cios_fix that will install it in position 247, like 247ios_installer does with the new cios.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The cios_fix for 247 returns -2011 when installing the ticket... i have only the new cios installed in pos249...

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
@ppc

was there already an installer for that though?, if so...link?
no. there is no installer only the wad. there has never been an installer for cios_fix v5 by ppc_gba.

QUOTE(ClaKK @ Nov 5 2008, 11:16 PM) The cios_fix for 247 returns -2011 when installing the ticket... i have only the new cios installed in pos249...
same here. tried wad-installer 1.3 and 1.21.

maybe you could take a look at this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113...t&p=1523596

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.