• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empyr69er said:
when you guys use the alt dol option from the disc, do you get a pop up saying the something like"you have some useful information that our development team would like to know, please contact us" or something along those lines? I get it everytime.

It would be helpful to know the information that it tells you. The fact that you have this information isn't helpful at all. what is useful is the the game ID and the number.

tj_cool said:
Dol from disc loads the alt dols of a dvd
Thats the whole point of alt dols: after loading, the USB gets dropped, so it needs to get the alt dol elsewhere

JESUS CHRIST NO!! The only thing this application does with DVDs is install games. Dol from disc just loads the dol from within the wbfs partition instead of the FAT partition.

QUOTE(musicman61554 @ Jul 29 2009, 08:59 AM)
This thing is kicking more ass every time I try it. Thanks a lot guys keep rocking with this. I only get code dump after I exit a homebrew app. I figured that would happen.

Once you start a app, we can't really control it too much. What you can do is recompile your apps and tell them to boot our app when you say exit.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DocNsanE said:
tj_cool said:
CHANGE LOG
Code:
Removed punes cursing crap from Prompts.

LOL

Thats what it says @ the changelog
laugh.gif

QUOTE(j0k3r @ Jul 29 2009, 06:15 PM)
Hi @ all,

Whats better to use, The Hermes cIOS or the new v14 cIOS? I used cIOS38_rev13, Can I install the Hermes cIOS
over the cIOS38_rev13 ?
Hermes cIOS are installed in other IOS slots than wanins, so you can have them both

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r669 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • Removed punes cursing crap from Prompts.

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
Jaz808 said:
Heaps of new release's but no fix for dual partitions, with nand emulation around the corner more and more people will have dual partitions
Actually a few releases back the issue was addressed and it has helped some with dual partitions. Start a fresh and see if it helps.

actually it doesn't... tested and tried...

we still have a problem with dual partitions as people will be depending on dual partition for nand emulation.. this for me should be seen a priorty in fixing rather than adding all sorts of new gadgets..

Im sure however a developer somewhere is addressing this issue...

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm issues with dual partitions? I'm pretty sure I have 2 if not 3 partitions on my drive and it works fine. Lucky, I guess?

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
sl33p said:
Hmmm issues with dual partitions? I'm pretty sure I have 2 if not 3 partitions on my drive and it works fine. Lucky, I guess?

what cios revision are you using.. and what version of the loader.. ? the problem arises (games won't boot) with cios rev 14.. from rev 648 onwards...

also what partitions do you have does it include any fat 32 ?...

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 29 2009, 05:47 PM) actually it doesn't... tested and tried...

we still have a problem with dual partitions as people will be depending on dual partition for nand emulation.. this for me should be seen a priorty in fixing rather than adding all sorts of new gadgets..

Actually, it does. It just doesn't for you. I would look more at what make of HDD you have. Because a minority percentage of users have shitty cheapo HDD's, and it appears to be these drives that have the most problem. I refer you to the HDD compatibility list.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 29 2009, 05:47 PM) actually it doesn't... tested and tried...

Actually, it does. It just doesn't for you. I would look more at what make of HDD you have. Because a minority percentage of users have shitty cheapo HDD's, and it appears to be these drives that have the most problem. I refer you to the HDD compatibility list.

sorry feel the need to swear but i won't.. its got bugger all to do with the drive... however I use seagate free agent go, compatibilty for it has improved tenfold each time new cios revisions have been released... and has worked flawlessly

dual partitions have worked with cios rev 14 pre rev 648.. there is something in the loader that broke compatibility for it (my guess).. since rev 648..

honestly... have a good think before you say things..

*rolls eyes*

another note.. I opt for the loader to run from the fat32 partition... and have done for a while..... so even with the gx global settings (config) move to USB with the latest revison changes.. it still fails load games (where it was addressed)

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 29 2009, 06:08 PM)
Logan said:

sorry feel the need to swear but i won't.. its got bugger all to do with the drive... however I use seagate free agent go, compatibilty for it has improved tenfold each time new cios revisions have been released... and has worked flawlessly

dual partitions have worked with cos rev 14 pre rev 648.. there is something in the loader that broke compatibility for it.. since rev 648..

*rolls eyes*

another note.. I opt for the loader to run from the fat32 partition... and have done for a while..... so even with the gx global settings (config) move to USB with the latest revison changes.. still fails load games

What I said was truth. It may not apply to you. I wasn't pointing the finger at you and saying 'your drive is shit', I was merely saying that some with crap HDD's are having issues. You don't have a shit one. Good stuff.

Now you can get all sarcastic and come with the shitty attitude and your multiple uses of "..." but fact is there are other users in this here thread, that are having no problem, with cIOS rev 14 and dual partitions. At this present time, it may only be a partial fix, so it would seem.

Secondly, you could stop your moaning, seeing as I already said a few pages back that the devs are aware of the issue. I've seen them discussing it in the IRC channel at great length.

So, enhance your calm. You're on cIOS revision 14. You've self nominated yourself to be a bug tester just by installing that. So perhaps try a few other things, fresh HDD, fresh SD, fresh Wii. Otherwise, go back to rev 13 until its fixed, or use another loader.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

EDIT to your EDIT: Well have you tried an SD card? See above about cIOS rev 14 and being a bug tester... oops slipped in a ... there myself
laugh.gif

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jul 29 2009, 06:08 PM)
Logan said:

dual partitions have worked with cos rev 14 pre rev 648.. there is something in the loader that broke compatibility for it.. since rev 648..

*rolls eyes*

another note.. I opt for the loader to run from the fat32 partition... and have done for a while..... so even with the gx global settings (config) move to USB with the latest revison changes.. still fails load games

What I said was truth. It may not apply to you. I wasn't pointing the finger at you and saying 'your drive is shit', I was merely saying that some with crap HDD's are having issues. You don't have a shit one. Good stuff.

Now you can get all sarcastic and come with the shitty attitude and your multiple uses of "..." but fact is there are other users in this here thread, that are having no problem, with cIOS rev 14 and dual partitions. At this present time, it may only be a partial fix, so it would seem.

Secondly, you could stop your moaning, seeing as I already said a few pages back that the devs are aware of the issue. I've seen them discussing it in the IRC channel at great length.

So, enhance your calm. You're on cIOS revision 14. You've self nominated yourself to be a bug tester just by installing that. So perhaps try a few other things, fresh HDD, fresh SD, fresh Wii. Otherwise, go back to rev 13 until its fixed, or use another loader.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

EDIT to your EDIT: Well have you tried an SD card? See above about cIOS rev 14 and being a bug tester... oops slipped in a ... there myself
laugh.gif

sorry if I have come across as a moaning git... it just annoying that some people seem to be dismissing this fault.. I don't use IRC so wouldn't know..

warlord2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a problem with all revisions > r665 are causing the games not to load anymore.
Just get a black screen.

cIOS rev14, System Menu 4.1E, HD Samsung (Verbatim branded)

I do NOT have an issue with dual partitions this works just fine.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r670 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • made function to update language files. now, when doing a full update/full channel update, whatever .lang files are in the language path should get updated as well.
  • changed thread priority (70->75) for GX thread since it wasn't originally created to be drawing as many different images at once as we are throwing at it. hopefully this will fix some of the black artifacts that are popping up on the screen during the gameinfo and homebrew info windows.

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see, I'm using a WD Elements drive, Wanin's Rev14, and GX Rev 665. My drive has 3 partitions: WBFS, FAT32, and NTFS partions. Everything works perfectly.

This isn't all happy news though. I tried to use Rev669 and this results in games not loading after selecting them, as jono described. Strange.

EDIT: Just checked the compatibility list and the WD Elements drive appears to be supported for the USBLoader.

Logan, if there's anything you'd like me to try to attempt to isolate the issue please let me know.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
sl33p said:
Let's see, I'm using a WD Elements drive, Rev14, and Rev 665. Everything works perfectly.

This isn't all happy news though. I tried to use Rev669 and this resultsgames not loading after selecting them, as jono described. Strange.

Oh and my drive has 3 partitions: WBFS, FAT32, and NTFS partions

ahh maybe 669 is the problem then ...

ive not tried revision 665 onwards (b4 669).

brb...

EDIT: still same problem here... with 665... oh how bizarre, how bizarre! (plot thickens)

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
DocNsanE said:
tj_cool said:
CHANGE LOG
Code:
Removed punes cursing crap from Prompts.

LOL

Thats what it says @ the changelog
laugh.gif

QUOTE(j0k3r @ Jul 29 2009, 06:15 PM)
Hi @ all,

Whats better to use, The Hermes cIOS or the new v14 cIOS? I used cIOS38_rev13, Can I install the Hermes cIOS
over the cIOS38_rev13 ?
Hermes cIOS are installed in other IOS slots than wanins, so you can have them both

tHX
wink.gif
, but whats better, Hermes cIOS or Wanis rev. 14?

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
is there a way to get titles.txt working? i find it eaasier. i tried setting it to my folder where i keep it and doesnt work.

if i delete a renamed game, i and put it back on, i will have to retype all of it...
Why would you want to use it when you have wiitdb.zip and just turn on XML from titles option. Nothing to rename.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
r671 is out

compilerdudes do your thing
tongue.gif
(again)

edit: they seem to be offline so I'll have to do it myself
rolleyes.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ntzzggduzzn (boot.dol and .elf this time)

oh and the changelogthingy:
Code:
fixed bug i made in 668 causing games not to load (because we rocked out too
hard)

fixed bug which overlapped the release date and publisher in the game info
screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle