• Likes 48

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Got a weird but serious question. The altdol from a disc, would it be possible to burn a DVD with like ONLY .altdols on it, like not replaced on a game? My SDHC card won't read altdol, it sucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "alt dol from disk" option pulls the dol directly from your hard disk, right from the image itself, so there's no need to burn alt dols, or even extract them for that matter.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RiPPn said:
TrickyTony said:
Got a weird but serious question. The altdol from a disc, would it be possible to burn a DVD with like ONLY .altdols on it, like not replaced on a game? My SDHC card won't read altdol, it sucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "alt dol from disk" option pulls the dol directly from your hard disk, right from the image itself, so there's no need to burn alt dols, or even extract them for that matter.
Dol from disc loads the alt dols of a dvd
Thats the whole point of alt dols: after loading, the USB gets dropped, so it needs to get the alt dol elsewhere

albinoman887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug report

Hi since like rev 600 i havent been able to use the alt dol feature. It works if i use rev 581 i am running everything off of a USB Drive with fat parttion and i think it is checking SD card or something, as soon as i go back to rev 581 it works again (e.g. Wii Sports Resort) but i want to use the lastest rev.

anyone else having this problem

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
RiPPn said:
TrickyTony said:

Dol from disc loads the alt dols of a dvd
Thats the whole point of alt dols: after loading, the USB gets dropped, so it needs to get the alt dol elsewhere

So does usb loader extract the dol and put it on your sd card, cause i have never set up alt dols, but when I did it for Wii Sports resort I used the "dol from disk" option and it worked?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RiPPn said:
So does usb loader extract the dol and put it on your sd card, cause i have never set up alt dols, but when I did it for Wii Sports resort I used the "dol from disk" option and it worked?
WSR needs alt dol only the first time
after you saw the WM+ movies, you can boot it without alt dol

D

Deleted-119707

is there a way to get titles.txt working? i find it eaasier. i tried setting it to my folder where i keep it and doesnt work.

if i delete a renamed game, i and put it back on, i will have to retype all of it...

Minties

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nicky041192 said:
is there a way to get titles.txt working? i find it eaasier. i tried setting it to my folder where i keep it and doesnt work.

titles.txt is no longer supported from Rev 654 onwards. You can use WBFS manager to directly rename the ISOs though.

D

Deleted-119707

Minties said:
nicky041192 said:

titles.txt is no longer supported from Rev 654 onwards. You can use WBFS manager to directly rename the ISOs though.
ahh yes i just saw it on the first page... damn...
it will take time renaming them all using the wiimote.
suggestion:
1. ADD SUPPORT FOR TITLES.TXT XD
2.Be able to EXPORT games titles into a titles.txt this saves users time creating one.

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Royusmc said:
I just tested r668 and none of my games work. Went back to r665 and all work again. I hope this is something I did wrong. Also when I go click on a game and go in to settings and back out it takes me to the wrong game with a old title. Thanks.
Ps the setting problem is not in r665 just r668.
I will try and do more testing.
just tested r667 and games loaded fine. So must be me or r668.
I downloaded the one 4 or so post under this post but all my games still load to a black screen. If anyone can load a game with r668 please post one small post about it. Thanks.

and now it's my turn too, finally. All games start up in black screen and stay there.
deleted my config folder and got it reconstructed by the loader but no change.
right now I'm compiling 667 to test whether 668 is the reason or not

EDIT: yes, 667 works nice...so I'm digging in 668 ^^

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nicky041192 said:
Minties said:
nicky041192 said:

suggestion:
2.Be able to EXPORT games titles into a titles.txt this saves users time creating one.

Yeah.
Is there really no alternative for titles.txt?
I dont want mess around with the ISOs.

Edit:
Hmm where to get R667?

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that database.txt provided in this thread uses 3 letter codes, my channels seem to have 4 letter codes, perhaps why no titles are showing up?
hmmm anyone have the database.txt working for their channel names?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Readmii Update
  • Added Features
  • Changed the game settings [7] to new Lay-out
  • Completely changed Themes
pika9323 said:
nicky041192 said:
Minties said:
nicky041192 said:

suggestion:

Yeah.
Is there really no alternative for titles.txt?
I dont want mess around with the ISOs.
You can use Wiitdb.zip. More info in the readmii in my sig

QUOTE(Smiff @ Jul 29 2009, 02:07 PM)
that database.txt provided in this thread uses 3 letter codes, my channels seem to have 4 letter codes, perhaps why no titles are showing up?
hmmm anyone have the database.txt working for their channel names?
It should work
Go to the pastebin page and click download, then name it database.txt and place it in the config folder.

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yah i did that it's not working sorry.. perhaps E wiis use different codes vs U wiis or something?
(its in the same folder as my wiitdb.zip and that works fine)

edit: no i've just seen you have an E wii also. hmmm!

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi for people who are haveing problems with Hermes ios 222 after updateing to revision 14 like House Of The Dead 2 etc, simply reinstall hermes ios 222 after installing revision 14 and game like HOTD 2 work exactly like they did before.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Smiff said:
yah i did that it's not working sorry.. perhaps E wiis use different codes vs U wiis or something?
(its in the same folder as my wiitdb.zip and that works fine)

edit: no i've just seen you have an E wii also. hmmm!
Wiitdb.zip has to be in the XML path, database.txt in the config path. But they are the same if you didn't change them...

Probably the channels you have are not yet included in the txt file
Thats why its one pastebin (so everyone can update new channels, please do not update homebrew channels like emulators)

Although Wii shop, ... should show correctly

Its 3 coded cause the last letter is the region -> 3 letter = region free

What rev you have?

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing is kicking more ass every time I try it. Thanks a lot guys keep rocking with this. I only get code dump after I exit a homebrew app. I figured that would happen. Doing awesome!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Found a new feature of google docs
yay.gif

use this link to download the newest readmii as a txt

http://docs.google.com/MiscCommands?comman...vk5sg_0gksqfcdj

Even if I update it, this link will give you the newest version
laugh.gif

Good for people who can't access google docs

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone having issues with House of the Dead 2/3:

Set your global boot to cIOS 222 and it will load fine. Just because Waninkoko released something, it doesn't mean it's your best option. The only thing rev14 has over hermes right now (as far as GX is concerned) is the "please insert disc" fix which can be bypassed by inserting a blank disc in your drive when you play those games. NAND emulation has nothing to do with GX so it should not be a deciding factor in setting your global boot. If you are willing to debug and contribute your results then by all means use rev14 but if you just want your games to work, use hermes (the one that came with uloader 1.6, not the newest one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it do one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same? (i guess i could change it...