• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WHOA this is so typically...as I reported, got blackscreened since 668 and planned to search the error. that is 7h ago.
Then I spent my time with preparing for an exam I'll write tomorrow and several minutes ago I went back on troubleshooting.
comparing 667 and 668 I included step by step changes that where made to find out what file causes the error.
and just in that moment, I am able to accuse you rockin' too hard....there's a new revision and its fixXxed.
don't missunderstand me, I love it when errors are fixed, but I just wanted to report my epic fail timing
tongue.gif

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r671 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • fixed bug i made in 668 causing games not to load (because we rocked out too hard)
  • fixed bug which overlapped the release date and publisher in the game info screen

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

tj_cool said:
compilerdudes do your thing
tongue.gif
(again)

edit: they seem to be offline so I'll have to do it myself
rolleyes.gif

Oops! Had the small issue of a few dragons to deal with in a guild raid
laugh.gif

(yeah I play World of Warcraft, so what lol
tongue.gif
)

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jservs7 said:
That's odd. I check the rev in the credits screen and it shows Rev669 671M.
unsure.gif

Try Logans version (previous page)

edit found the problem in svnrev.c
CODE#define SVN_REV "669M"

const char *GetRev()
{
ÂÂreturn SVN_REV;
}
My version said 669: 671M instead of 669M
Also strange that the newest version shows R669M

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
tj_cool said:
jservs7 said:
tj_cool said:
r671 is out

compilerdudes do your thing
tongue.gif
(again)

edit: they seem to be offline so I'll have to do it myself
rolleyes.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ntzzggduzzn (boot.dol and .elf this time)
The link shows r670.
Oops sorry
I named the zip wrong
tongue.gif

but should be r671
unsure.gif

Happens if the source isn't a clean checkout
wink.gif
It'll still be r671 though.

Give mine a shot, should be ok.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
jservs7 said:
unsure.gif

Try Logans version (previous page)

edit found the problem in svnrev.c
CODE#define SVN_REV "669M"

const char *GetRev()
{
ÂÂreturn SVN_REV;
}
My version said 669: 671M instead of 669M
Also strange that the newest version shows R669M

Ooh someone try mine, not had that before. I'm unable to at the moment. My HDD is hooked up to another for disc-to-disc. Damn thing takes hours
frown.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Logan said:
Ooh someone try mine, not had that before. I'm unable to at the moment. My HDD is hooked up to another for disc-to-disc. Damn thing takes hours
frown.gif

Yours is correct
Shows R671M in credits
smile.gif

Logan said:
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jul 29 2009, 05:18 PM) Hermes cIOS are installed in other IOS slots than wanins, so you can have them both

Slightly OT here. But is that right? Can you install both then? What benefit is Hermes?
Wouldn't it be silly if you could choose cIOS222 / cIOS249 in the settings if they install in the same IOS slot?
wink.gif

Some games work better with Hermes cIOS (And it enables rock band thinges I think)

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
tj_cool said:
Dol from disc loads the alt dols of a dvd
Thats the whole point of alt dols: after loading, the USB gets dropped, so it needs to get the alt dol elsewhere

JESUS CHRIST NO!! The only thing this application does with DVDs is install games. Dol from disc just loads the dol from within the wbfs partition instead of the FAT partition.

Shouldn't it technically be alt dol from disK or alt dol from USB at least? Since disC refers to DVDisc, CDisc or BR Disc. I think that might clear up some of the confusion.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USB Loader GX r672 - Click HERE to download

Changes (copied from Google project page):
  • Added button to update/download all language files in the Language selection. The files are downloaded into the setuped path for languages.
  • Added URL_List class that gets all Links of an http url.
  • Made HomebrewList class dynamic allocated like the URL_List class too now. This saves lots of unused memory.
  • Small cleanups
  • NOTE: Punes made an update too (i didnt know he was doing it). We decided to have both in because of:

[1] Punes update updates only the files that are available on the SD/USB and only when you are doing a complete update.
    [2] My update is downloading ALL files from the SVN Link (getting the whole list). These is mainly for people that are getting started or those who want to update the whole LanguageList

Both DOL and ELF versions included in archive

!DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Note: If you are going to 'test' these revisions and you're having some issues, first please start from scratch. Backup your SD card, wipe your SD card, and start again. If you're not at least prepared to try this first, please don't download and test these revisions, stick to the released stable versions. Thank you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jakejm79 said:
giantpune said:
tj_cool said:
Dol from disc loads the alt dols of a dvd
Thats the whole point of alt dols: after loading, the USB gets dropped, so it needs to get the alt dol elsewhere
JESUS CHRIST NO!! The only thing this application does with DVDs is install games. Dol from disc just loads the dol from within the wbfs partition instead of the FAT partition.
Shouldn't it technically be alt dol from disK or alt dol from USB at least? Since disC refers to DVDisc, CDisc or BR Disc. I think that might clear up some of the confusion.
I changed it to Disk in the readmii (and incase someone missed it: the 'download' link in my sig will always give you the newest version in txt format
smile.gif
)

warlord2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R672 solves the game loading problem for me.

I did some testing and discovered another issue. When I have a WiiTDB.zip present (downloaded using the generated URL). I can request info about a game using 2. However after pressing 2 a few times for different game titles the list showing the games is garbled with unreadable characters.

I do NOT have the option on that uses the titles form de xml.

Another issue is that if I do an update all the update process always gets stuck at updating wiiTDB.zip. (I have all on USB no SD card present).

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i love how angry giantpune gets when people screw up.. really turns me on
wink.gif

anyway..

can confirm the database.txt loads fine from the sd root config dir. this is bit odd though, how about using one configurable folder for all the addon files (wiitdb, database, etc)

one bug seen in channel load area:
the channel list is missing a vertical scroll bar. (minor i know).

also despite the warning, mii channel works with 3.2E system.

can I 2nd the suggestion to put a mii channel button on main loader screen please. that or a button for all the channels, so channels aren't buried under the app loader screen.

loader coming on really nicely these last few days, turning into a fine main dashboard for my wii
smile.gif

obicom

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't open any Channel with the USBloader on FW 4.1e
Only the USBLoader Forwarder Channel starts correctly.
If I try any other channel, it comes up a black screen for a few seconds and return to the USBLoader screen.

Any idea why? Is there a difference for 4.1u and 4.1e ?

D

Deleted-119707

which is the stable release? there are so many releases i dont know which one XD i updated to r672.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
obicom said:
Is there a difference for 4.1u and 4.1e ?

yes one is for PAL(E) systems and the other for NTSC(U) or NTSC(J) systems install an update from another region and your instantly bricked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?