• Likes 48

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

Just wanted to report that I made the themes work on my USB Loader GX (r572). Here's what I've done;

Deleted my wthemes folder together with all the themes and redownloaded all the themes I wanted from where I originally downloaded them.

Made a new gxthemes folder then inside the folders are my themes in each folder using numerical naming convention (1, 2, 3 and so on...)

Pointed them to the Custom Path settings and whalla, it was working.

Thank you to everyone who gave and suggested on what to do.

My next assignment is PIKMIN - NTSC-J. It's the only game that is not working out of my 60 GAMES. Any hint on how to make it work?

Thanks again
wink.gif

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guys, how do you play the videos on Grand Slam Tennis, and other M+ videos again? I know it's been answered but can't find the posts...

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macmel said:
Hello everybody,

Just wanted to report that I made the themes work on my USB Loader GX (r572). Here's what I've done;

Deleted my wthemes folder together with all the themes and redownloaded all the themes I wanted from where I originally downloaded them.

Made a new gxthemes folder then inside the folders are my themes in each folder using numerical naming convention (1, 2, 3 and so on...)

Pointed them to the Custom Path settings and whalla, it was working.

Thank you to everyone who gave and suggested on what to do.

My next assignment is PIKMIN - NTSC-J. It's the only game that is not working out of my 60 GAMES. Any hint on how to make it work?

Thanks again
wink.gif

Awesome! Themes are fun with this loader. Definitely raise the "cool" factor !

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightwalker said:
guys, how do you play the videos on Grand Slam Tennis, and other M+ videos again? I know it's been answered but can't find the posts...

Extract the DOL for the M+ video (I don't know of the exact location in the ISO but it was mentioned about 15 pages back), rename the DOL 6_digit_game_id.dol and then put it in the root of your SD card and enable alt dol for that game. Once you have watched the video you can disable alt dol and delete the file.

For wii sports resort the location is: partition2/sys/mpls_movie/ and the file you rename and extract is player.dol
I assume the location is similar for GST, TW10 and VT2K9

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad to report that I made PIKMIN NTSC-J work on GX (r573). I'm really sold to Gx as I have everything working.
wink.gif

I'll try to post the settings later as my Daughter is playing
wink.gif

genius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HI all,

I really like the the loader_gx. the look and feel is great and it's so fast progressing. It's my favorite loader at the moment but it's the one I have the biggest problems with, too.
Since wanni cIOS > rev10 loadr_gx doens't recognize my hdd anymore. Since some old revision of loader_gx (I don't remember exactly but it was prior to online upgradability) the recognition of my case only works in one of 5 tries with rev 10. The other tries I get the "which cios" question which does recognize my hdd case if I chosse 249 but then the whole list is full of the last entry which was added to the wbfs partition. giantpune asked me to try the latest revision because the way the hdd was detected is changed but without success.

Hermes Uloader with Hermes cIOS 222 works without a single problem. So it shouldn't be a global hardware incompatiblity.

If the HDD isn't detected and I choose cIOS222 on the "which cios" screen the HDD isn't detected too - so there must be some userspace code which is different from hermes to loader_gx.

So in summery I can use cIOS 10 with a chance of 1:5 to get loader_gx running. The chances are good to get NEOGamma working with rev10 after 1-5 count down ...

If I try a cIOS > 10 the HDD isn't detected anymore - not by loader_gx nor NEOGamma .. The countdown is between horrible and very slow (depending of rev12,13,13b)

I can live with that and I can wait but maybe someone got the same problems here ?

Maybe this was asked before but I'm really sorry but searching through a thread with 500+ pages is not fun at all ..

Thanks
Geni

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use the forwarder and every revision worked so far. I updated to r573, now after I get the loading gx screen, the screen becomes scrambled and green for sec or 2, after that it loads the .dol
Nothing big, but wonder if more ppl have this issue with this rev?

Also one time after updating the covers, my cursor was gone. r573 to.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
reddevilmeuk said:
ive unzipped the XML file into a dir, changed GX folder settings for titles to the same directory but when i press 2 no information is shown.... do i need anything than meta.xml in the dir?
I never said Unzip it.
Just place the wiitdb.zip in the titles.txt path

can you explain to a noob how to place the file in the titles.txt path, please? thanks

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my cursor goes a way sometimes if i sit to long on the game covers screen its odd but a restart gets it all back

still the best loader around

moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bnm81002 said:
can you explain to a noob how to place the file in the titles.txt path, please? thanks
1) get the wiitdb.zip
2) place it in SD:/config/
3) Done. If it doesn't work, you have changed the path in the settings and you have to change it back (Go to settings, custom paths, titles.txt path and change it to SD:/config/ )

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so will this wiitdb.zip update with the rest of the loader or will we have to update it on our own if and when an update comes out????
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
bnm81002 said:
1) get the wiitdb.zip
3) Done. If it doesn't work, you have changed the path in the settings and you have to change it back (Go to settings, custom paths, titles.txt path and change it to SD:/config/ )

oh ok I did that already but when I saw that you mentioned to place it in the titles.txt path, I didn't see it at all, it is in the GXGlobal settings, so I thought I had to modify the titlestxt path but I don't have to do that, thanks for explaining it to me
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
riddle43 said:
so will this wiitdb.zip update with the rest of the loader or will we have to update it on our own if and when an update comes out????
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

manually for now

bnm81002 said:
tj_cool said:
QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Jul 3 2009, 07:52 PM) can you explain to a noob how to place the file in the titles.txt path, please? thanks
1) get the wiitdb.zip
oh ok I did that already but when I saw that you mentioned to place it in the titles.txt path, I didn't see it at all, it is in the GXGlobal settings, so I thought I had to modify the titlestxt path but I don't have to do that, thanks for explaining it to me
smile.gif

its not always difficult
smile.gif

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do like the way it looks its nice to see what controler is needed for a game and the release date is neat to know i cant wait to see whats next
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just updated with the updater and now every time i try to load it i get a green screen then a stack dump AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
please any help would be grate
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

and it wont load at all from the homebrew channel AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two gx issues, running latest version:

1. this issue was gone for a while, but now after every reboot my sdhc card isn't recognized, to re-enable tit again, i need to pop it out, make a slight change to titles.txt (any file would probably do) and then reload the sd, then themes, art, and configs will work again.

2. pal version of little king's story, set to auto patch, starts to load then my tv says its receiving no signal, requiring a reboot.

anyone else experience either of these?

thanks

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please someone out there why does 573 not even start for me i found a channel for 568 works still but i cant understand the greenscreen and the stack dump
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
hate2.gif

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm new to usb loading. Tried it once when it first came out on a flash drive, but now I finally got a large HDD. So far everything is working great, and I'm so impressed by all the features.

My one problem is that after playing one game, I reset the wii to the system menu, load another game through usb loader GX, and it freezes at a black screen. I have to power down the wii before another game will load. I have tried powering off and unplugging my HDD between a reset to see if it was my HDD causing the problem, but it still freezes. Is this a common problem? Anyone know how to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock