USB Loader GX

By cyrex, Apr 19, 2009 5,953,463 26,948 39

1. justjack

justjack GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    I've been sticking to rev 409 with cios rev9 and I've never had a problem ^^

2. Teh H4rRy

Teh H4rRy GBAtemp Regular

The problem seems intermittent, I turned off Ocarina over all, turned on the individual game ones, then turned Ocarina back on, games loaded fine no crash and with cheats working, Black Link clothes and infinite health [​IMG]

3. HipN

HipN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hi, this is kind of urgent as I've been kind of out of the loop for a while. But here is my problem.

I'm currently running FW 3.4 and I have USB Loader GX 1.0 running through the HBC. The problem is, when I tried to use the current rev of this loader I encounter a lot of problems. One for example is, it doesnt detect my HDD and I'm presented with a choice of booting it with cIOS 249 and cIOS 222. Neither will work. Sometimes the loader detects my drive and then freezes and then proceeds to crash on me.

I am also running Wan's cIOS 13b. But how do I fix this problem? Am I missing any IOS files? With the 1.0 loader that I currently have, the latest (the newest) game that I can load is Punch-Out. I haven't tried any newer games.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

4. MoDInside

MoDInside Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    well I tried several things to get it working, but some games are not working for me, my wii does not have a dvd drive on it, it broke some months ago and I decided to give usb gx a try and see what happens, well some games load but most don't, I tried several revisions with no luck, and even vc or wiiware show the same error "an error has occurred, press the eject button", naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex 3, tatsunoko vs capcom, wario land shake it, metroid prime all of them shows the same error, it shows this error with cios rev 12 an rev 13b, with cios rev 13, not even 1 game works, its weird, also neogamma r6 does not load any game for the usb hdd, after I launch a game it says "timeout" just after few seconds, and then takes me back to the neogamma menu, I believe it has something to do the fact that this wii has no drive at all, maybe some kind of check or something, any help will be appreciated.

5. Skiller

Skiller GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I noticed as well .. u cant use Wiird to connect to the game when u have Ocarina on .. i know in one of them i had this abillity ..
    anytime i turn on the ocarina it gives me the code dump .. even if its only for one game.

Anyway to fix it so we can Connect Wiird to the game again .. or maybe its a bug on my side ..

6. NeoNight

NeoNight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've notice some games seem to randomly work then not work from time to time. One game (wario shake it!) that use to work suddenly doesn't work at all for some reason. BTW has anyone gotten mk armagedon to work using the alt-dol method? If so, can you upload your alt-dol if its the NTSC version?

7. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Wario works fine for me using rev575 & cios38 r13a. Also, you cannot request uploading of copyrighted dols. You can get it yourself by extracting it from the iso.

8. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned
    Banned

United States
    WBFS Manager will format my drive and let me add games, but usb loader gx will ask to reformat it, and then it shows 4 partitions of like 1900 gigs. Im using 4.0e cios38rev 13a i dont hae hermes 222 installed. im trying it tho.
    Anyone know why this is happening

9. NeoNight

NeoNight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    but, someone uploaded the dol for wiisports resort the other day.... Mk doesn't run when I use the dol I extracted for some reason.

10. kboxer

kboxer Member
    Newcomer

MK works fine with Alt.Dol method on a Pal System I have sore thumb to prove it lol. [​IMG]

Edit: sorry put wrong info in I didn't use Alt.dol method I used the Swap Dol method and it is working fine.

11. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

havent tried the alt dol method for MK but if your extract the m7.dol or whatever it is and rename it to main.dol and replace it back into the parition it works fine.

12. dexter222

dexter222 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Most likely you didn't set up all your partitions as primary. Did you use windows disk manager or some 3rd party tool to set up your partitions?

13. tagteam3283

tagteam3283 GBAtemp Regular

when using the forwarder i am getting a fuzzy green screen then a screendump [dont know how to get the screen dump to show you all]. gets past usbloadergx screensaver image then green screen then dump.

fine via HB 1.03

Wii 4.0, cIOS38r12, GXr575, SD card, Seagate Go 500Gb[1WBFS partition]

no changes done other tha update from r573, which worked fine. r573 update did show the fuzzy green screen, however still loaded up. prior to this GX worked fine

14. marinos35

marinos35 GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    [​IMG]

Revision: 575

DOL
    ELF

CHANNEL (by starstremr)

15. bula

bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Are you using wiitdb.zip?

16. henkie

henkie Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I dont get the screen dump, it loads the .dol after that fuzzy screen

17. Rekis

Rekis Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    So my brother's got a slight problem.
    He's got an 4.0e Wii, usb loader gx 757 and cios38 rev 13 and a Western Digital 250gb My Book.

buuut here's the catch. 90% of the time when he tries to start the usb loader he gets a code dump screen this started happening after he downgraded from cios38 rev 13b to 13a and even if he gets the usb loader to start (which occasionally happens both over the HBC and the forwarder) it doesn't show
    him his games?
    If he connects the hdd to his PC and tries to look at it with the WBFS Manager it shows the games correctly.
    Any ideas? Did he forget something? Do something wrong?
    He basically has the same setup as me (I just have a different hdd) and I did the HBC process and everything.
    The only thing he did by himself was to downgrade to cios38 rev 13 which started the problems but there is only so much you can do wrong there and I told him excatly what to do over the phone.

18. henkie

henkie Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    gx 757?

Try to install the cIOS rev again, delete the GX config files, put HD in the USB port closest to the bottom of the Wii, use older/newer GX revision or r575?

Maybe one of those will help, good luck.

19. Saco

Saco Member
    Newcomer

Having a PAL version Wii, what do I need to run NTSC games using USB Loader GX?

Also, does running NTSC games in a PAL console and television affect the image in any way?

20. Teh H4rRy

Teh H4rRy GBAtemp Regular

Just got another code dump from selecting the star whilst in coverflow mode

And another now when booting the loader! Sigh, i am going to have to reinstall it now

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loader,