XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Frankdux said:
jsjar said:
did you remove the sd card

Yes i changed the config and removed the sd

here is something strange.. so when i load it with out the sd card it reboots the wii (normal)

if i put the sd card in it loads (normal) but it all the fodlers are linked to the USB not the sd as if its reading from the USB but needs it in the SD also... the covers dont work it tells me they are wrong when they worked off the SD they were ok... but it will let me download new ones anyways..

i cant seem to get it to run from the USB with out the SD and i cant get homebrew to detect the USB Drive order to install it fresh from the HDD

You using the latest forwarder channel? that works for both sd and usb device.

I had a similar problem when i set everything up to run from the hard drive.I had to delete the config file from the sd card so it wouldnt look there and would go to the usb device instead.

Everything was set up on the hard drive properly to point to USB.

Deleting the whole config file on sd fixed everything for me.

Yes I have the latest builds

But i dont want to have to use the SD card with the DOL or WAD on it, I want to be able to go to the channel and load everything from the HDD fat32 part

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
bannerxeu.png

Revision: 575

DOL
ELF

CHANNEL (by starstremr)

Frankdux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i got it all working now.. i reinstalled the dol file and the forwarder wad again, i now have duplicate channels but one of them loads the usbloader_gx and all the covers and games from my 1tb drive

I have 2 usbloader_gx and 2 Weather channels, and 2 forcast channels.. i can use duplicate remover right ?

When it comes to hardware and moding im good, but this homebrew is all new to me

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Sorry to be a noob but what is the loader password to change settings?

There is no default in more recent revisions, it's unlocked by default. If you're updating to a recent revision and still have a password you should delete your config file (default SD:/config/GXGlobal.cfg) or you'll run into problems.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently switched HDD's to an enclosure which contains a dreaded WD drive... with the sleep mode
frown.gif
Because of this, my drive goes to sleep after 10 or 15 minutes and everything locks up. uLoader does not have this problem and the drive works great. Are there any plans to incorporate Hermes' method (or something similar) into this loader to keep those problem drives awake? From what I've read, which may or may not be the case, uLoader writes random data at certain intervals to the HDD to keep it awake.

I thought I'd ask so that I'd know if I would be able to switch back to this loader in the near future and also to let anyone that may have a similar problem know that they could use uLoader to possibly workaround their issue if they so choose.

Thanks.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
borissaid said:
I recently switched HDD's to an enclosure which contains a dreaded WD drive... with the sleep mode
frown.gif
Because of this, my drive goes to sleep after 10 or 15 minutes and everything locks up. uLoader does not have this problem and the drive works great. Are there any plans to incorporate Hermes' method (or something similar) into this loader to keep those problem drives awake? From what I've read, which may or may not be the case, uLoader writes random data at certain intervals to the HDD to keep it awake.

I thought I'd ask so that I'd know if I would be able to switch back to this loader in the near future and also to let anyone that may have a similar problem know that they could use uLoader to possibly workaround their issue if they so choose.

Thanks.

Heremes 222 support has been in USB Loader GX for a while now. It's in the Game Load part of global settings. Set it to 222, then restart the loader.

I think Waninkoko's 249 revision 13 also does a similar thing to prevent sleep issues, but I'm not sure.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, you're saying that the "keep-alive" function is in the cIOS and not in the actual loader. When I first ran into this issue I tried Wanin's 13a, 13b and Hermes' 222 (restarted the loader each time obviously) and had the same problem. That's why I assumed it must be built into the loader. However uLoader works with either of those. Maybe I just have a fussy drive...

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am cant get this to work right on my system, I get code dumps when ever it tries to access my hdd.

My HDD is a buffalo drivestation 500gb the one that the compatibility chart says it works fine wtith.

Configurable loader works fine with my system and hdd it installs games and plays them no problem but I would like to have a look at this loader.

I have the latest revision channel and cios 36 rev10 has any one got any suggestions.

EDIT- I can now get the loader to see my games and play them by putting the usb into the outside edge port and by booting the loader without an sd card in but it then says it cant download cover art without a sd card.
problem is it doesn't recognise the card if i put the sd card in after the loader has already started.

olijack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not use my channel which uses the base of the official channel with the only changes being the revision included and the ID is different allowing you to still use an original official channel alongside mine. Details below for download.

KTurbo said:
Has the team dropped the channel all together? When is the next update for it, anytime soon?

QUOTE(olijack @ Jul 4 2009, 10:34 PM) Here is again the channel that I create for my friend tested and working r575

If you have not installed one of my channels before it is based on the official channel with the new version. It has a different ID to the original and will work alongside one of the old channels versions but will overwrite a previous version I have uploaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyttuu5hku2

Hope this helps

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olijack said:
Why not use my channel which uses the base of the official channel with the only changes being the revision included and the ID is different allowing you to still use an original official channel alongside mine. Details below for download.

KTurbo said:
Has the team dropped the channel all together? When is the next update for it, anytime soon?

QUOTE(olijack @ Jul 4 2009, 10:34 PM) Here is again the channel that I create for my friend tested and working r575

If you have not installed one of my channels before it is based on the official channel with the new version. It has a different ID to the original and will work alongside one of the old channels versions but will overwrite a previous version I have uploaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyttuu5hku2

Hope this helps

what would you say is the most stable channel that you have created?

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will USB Loader GX get partitioned SD card support like the configurable USB loader? I much prefer GX's layout but it just doesn't pickup my 2nd WBFS partition
frown.gif

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have the same dump problem here

576 code dumps after the screen goes green.

using Forwarder 16.06 and running from HD

575 works without a problem
smile.gif

warlord

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ran into an odd problem. With the last couple revisions of the WiiTDB.zip file in my config folder, GX (last several dols) always hangs when starting up the Wii from a complete shutdown. If I poke it in the eye and do a hard shutdown then start it right back up, it loads the loader right up from the forwarder.

If I remove the WiiTDB.zip file from the config folder all together, the problem completely disappears.

Any thoughts?

rev 13a
latest GX Dol
3.2U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night