• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

ScrumpyDaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x Thank you so much for these awesome releases and keeping USB Loader GX alive!!

You said that you will be working on some UI updates next. It'd be great if you can consider introducing some form of tabs like the tabmod has. I remember you saying this breaks compatibility with existing themes so it can, instead, be a UI setting for those who prefer this version of the UI and don't mind using the standard theme for it.

Now I feel I need to make a tradeoff of either using the latest and greatest release or the tabbed UI that keeps my games more organized.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

I'd be interested in this as well!

Last edited by ScrumpyDaniel,

RetroPas74

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed d2x-v11-beta1 on the Vwii and everything went well, I also reinstalled the Patched IOS80 Installer for vWii, performed the syscheck (I had never used it before) and the IOS80 appears as "no patches", It's normal ?
Hi there,

does it matter which revision I install dx2-v11-beta? rev65535 or rev21011?
I have a NTSC-U Wii on system menu 4.3U

I see that on the screenshot posted for the vWii its showing rev21011.
Thank you all in advance for your help.

Reactions: zigoraty

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there,

I have a NTSC-U Wii on system menu 4.3U

I see that on the screenshot posted for the vWii its showing rev21011.
Thank you all in advance for your help.
And has the option of rev65535 ? when I installed it, it didn't appear.

Last edited by zigoraty,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One wish (it might even be a setting nowadays) but could it be possible not to disable wii games after failed HDD scan? I tend to put the HDD in wrong port or switch it on and it's a bit of hassle to tick Wii games back on after restarting USBLGX :)
It might be possible to do that, assuming it wouldn't trip up caching. Although I'd like to get a Wii U so that I can check the behaviour myself.

@blackb0x - what are real pros and cons of both of IOS configuration you recomend (except fact, that one is optimal, and other one should give more compatibility - so what's wrong with this one?)?
There aren't a ton of games that request IOS58, so you can most likely play all of your games by using the usual 3 slots. But if you don't care about installing the cIOS to 4 slots then that second configuration will improve game compatibility.

You said that you will be working on some UI updates next. It'd be great if you can consider introducing some form of tabs like the tabmod has. I remember you saying this breaks compatibility with existing themes so it can, instead, be a UI setting for those who prefer this version of the UI and don't mind using the standard theme for it.
I don't really plan to add tabs, but I do plan on adding a button that quickly rotates through game types. And that would probably replace the big Wii button, since that menu can be accessed at any time by pressing the start/home button anyway.

It's not that important, but set it to 65535.

I looked here and for Vwii, it's d2x-v11-beta1 rev 21011. It doesn't have rev 65535 for vwii. Maybe it's different from the wii package.
You can't set the revision for vWii.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, if you want to run a particular game in its original 4:3 ratio (with pillarboxes), enter the game settings in ULGX, and in "Aspect Ratio", choose "Force 4:3". Then, obviously, change your TV display to 4:3 when playing this game.
I see this option in Wii games, but not in Gamecube games. Moreover - I can't see such option in Nintendont. The best soultion would be to set very low values of display width (about 500 in Nintendont, about -100 in USB Loader GX), but it looks that it is not possible at this moment.

There aren't a ton of games that request IOS58, so you can most likely play all of your games by using the usual 3 slots. But if you don't care about installing the cIOS to 4 slots then that second configuration will improve game compatibility.
What is real cost of this? Some blocks of Wii memory? Because I don't think losing one slot (still having about 50 free) is any problem (so why don't recommend that configuration?).

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@blackb0x Thank you so much for these awesome releases and keeping USB Loader GX alive!!

Now I feel I need to make a tradeoff of either using the latest and greatest release or the tabbed UI that keeps my games more organized.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

or use tabmod rev1281...

Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: mv522 and ChibiMofo

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Attachments

• linky.png
    linky.png
    107 KB · Views: 52

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see this option in Wii games, but not in Gamecube games. Moreover - I can't see such option in Nintendont. The best soultion would be to set very low values of display width (about 500 in Nintendont, about -100 in USB Loader GX), but it looks that it is not possible at this moment.

Gamecube games are 4:3 only, so you don't have to force it (even if your Wii is set to 16:9) .

When lauching a Gamecube game, simply set your TV to 4:3 (you surely have a "aspect ratio" button on your remote, that allows to toggle between many aspect ratios, including 4:3)

Then in Nintendont: set "screen width" to 672.
Or if you launch Nintendont through ULGX, enable "video scale" in ULGX's Nintendont settings, and set the "Video scale value" to 72.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is real cost of this? Some blocks of Wii memory? Because I don't think losing one slot (still having about 50 free) is any problem (so why don't recommend that configuration?).
It costs nothing, but people have been able to play the majority of their games with 2-3 slots for over 12 years. So at this point I think the opinion of many is that using an additional slot is unnecessary.

Personally I use 4 slots for maximum compatibility, but I think what's more important is that cIOS guides start recommending base 56 for slot 249 and base 57 for slot 250.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I modded my system many years ago I did that on that order by following a guide, but later on newer guides started swapping 56 and 57 spots for reasons that I never found out.

Why they started recommending that? In the order I did, the only game I had issues with was Fishing Resort but it was solved changing the cios...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof